Front Bumper Damage, please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:59 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Bumper Damage, please help!!

Hello,

I am not the best w/ forums usually when I post no one answers, but if someone could help me. I got into a fender bender with someone in front of me, long story short, their like 93 honda or something was perfectly fine, while my mother's front right bumper is pretty smashed and I'm not reporting it to insurance b/c I don't want it to go up.

Her car is a 2003 TL-S, can anyone give me price range? I'm not that great with cars so I don't want to be bamboozled when I try to get it fixed. Does anyone know if they will have to replace the bumper or if they can just fix it? It's pretty smashed, and the right side closest to the tire was off, but someone was kind enough to do a quick fix so it wouldn't pop the tire. Any advice anyone can give me, would really be appreciated.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:49 PM
B A N N E D

PICTURESSSSSSSSSSSSS of the DAMAGE THANK YOU! lol
Old 05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
It sounds like you'll have to have the bumper replaced, once those bumpers are deformed, you can't really get them back to normal. As far as replacing the bumper, I'm not sure how much it'll cost but get several estimates around town. Did your fender get damaged? You also have to take into account anything that was damaged behind the bumper. Make sure you get detailed estimates so you can make an informed decision. You don't want to cut corners because it'll cost you more in the end.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We need some pics... I am sure it can be worked on
Old 05-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Lazy Idiot

Smile

Always wanted to use that
Old 05-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Advanced

no wonder no one replys lol
Old 05-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I have dead hookers in

I can tell you that from my recent issue(yesterday) a guy smacked into my 02 TL-S and i took it straight to the Acura dealerships recommended shop and they said that to fix it right you need to replace the bumper. He told me that sanding a urethane type bumper like ours will do more damage than it wil do good and it just doesnt make sense to drive a car like these and not fix it right. I totally agree with him. Replace the bumper with a brand new one and get a fresh coat of pretty paint on it. Your moms car will love you for it.

BTW my estiate for my car was 1286.14 but mine is also WDP which is usually more costly.

Call the Acura dealer close to you and ask where they send vehicles to get painted. If the dealership trust them you should be able to also. Make sure wherever you take it that you ask to see the work they do and the shop they do it in. Check for cleanliness a dirty shop is not somewhere id want my car getting painted. BTW a new unpainted bumper will run right at 290 bux. I got that estimate from 4 people yesterday and all 4 were within 1-2 dollars of each other
Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 PM
9th Gear

Thank you for the help, yeah it's much worst than the bumper, the hood needs to be realigned, there is a dent above the right front tire, the light is busted, and there is something under the hood they say I need a new. I called the Acura dealership here, but they don't do Body work.

Also as I said before, I can't do pics, this phone does not have one, I would have to take pictures 20 to develop one, it's not digital. So for those who gave advice w/o pics thanks so much and if you can give w/ no pics i would appreciate all the help/advice i can get! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:00 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by ArTL-S
I can tell you that from my recent issue(yesterday) a guy smacked into my 02 TL-S and i took it straight to the Acura dealerships recommended shop and they said that to fix it right you need to replace the bumper. He told me that sanding a urethane type bumper like ours will do more damage than it wil do good and it just doesnt make sense to drive a car like these and not fix it right. I totally agree with him. Replace the bumper with a brand new one and get a fresh coat of pretty paint on it. Your moms car will love you for it.

BTW my estiate for my car was 1286.14 but mine is also WDP which is usually more costly.

Call the Acura dealer close to you and ask where they send vehicles to get painted. If the dealership trust them you should be able to also. Make sure wherever you take it that you ask to see the work they do and the shop they do it in. Check for cleanliness a dirty shop is not somewhere id want my car getting painted. BTW a new unpainted bumper will run right at 290 bux. I got that estimate from 4 people yesterday and all 4 were within 1-2 dollars of each other
What's WDP?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 PM
9th Gear

Sorry no pics

Yeah I got it looked at today and called the dealership, but they do not do body work. It's much worse I thought the hood needs to be realigned, a dent over the tire needs to be fixed, and something under the hood needs to be replace, the light was smashed, I was told I'm looking at $1500.

I meant to post this in the post, but it looks like I forgot, I can't take pictures, the phone that could is broken and my new phone doesn't, and my camera still takes film and maybe I've used 2 pics. To get that developed go to Kinko's to scan and upload it would be a lot. I thought a description would be good enough. Thank you to those that responded w/o pics and anyone who can give me advice w/o pics, I could use any help I can get.

I was told to take it to 3 different auto shops to get estimates, but I want it fixed as soon as possible. 1500 is probably my whole bank account.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by ava harlot
Thank you for the help, yeah it's much worst than the bumper, the hood needs to be realigned, there is a dent above the right front tire, the light is busted, and there is something under the hood they say I need a new. I called the Acura dealership here, but they don't do Body work.

Also as I said before, I can't do pics, this phone does not have one, I would have to take pictures 20 to develop one, it's not digital. So for those who gave advice w/o pics thanks so much and if you can give w/ no pics i would appreciate all the help/advice i can get! Thanks!
I didn't say I couldn't pics before, I meant to. Sorry about that.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Advanced

What's WDP?

White Diamond Pearl
Old 05-08-2008, 05:52 AM
Intermediate

i was recently in a 10-20mph fender bender (i rear ended some old lady)
yeah i know... anyway her SATURN was fine, just scuff marks, while my front end looked like it lost a fight with a TONKA truck !

ithe damage was appraised at exactly $5891. that included parts, paint & labor.

replaced:

hood, grill, head lights, fog lights, front bumper,bumper reinforcements, left
fender,radiator, fan,condensor.....basically the whole front end

good thing i got ins right ..... but the deductable and rate spike are gonna hurt

Anyway at the least youll have to replace the bumper. hopefully nothing behind it got crushed and the sub-frame didnt get bent. if not you should be good. but i recommend an allignment just cause the accident was to your front end
Old 05-09-2008, 07:32 PM
9th Gear

starting to hate acuras

I so hope my damage is not as bad as your, that really sucks, why do fender benders even at no speed cause such damage? I know I have to replace the bumper, fog lights, headlight, pop out a dent, and realign the hood, and that is just the initial estimate at $3250, w/o disassembling the car. My whole life is ruined!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I have dead hookers in

I so hope my damage is not as bad as your, that really sucks, why do fender benders even at no speed cause such damage? I know I have to replace the bumper, fog lights, headlight, pop out a dent, and realign the hood, and that is just the initial estimate at $3250, w/o disassembling the car. My whole life is ruined!!! :ugh:

WOW...your whole life is ruined thats a little crazy man its just a car. Im pissed about mine also but dang
Old 05-11-2008, 11:38 PM
9th Gear

I admit, I'm a bit melodramatic, but if you knew the other problems I have, you'd understand
Old 05-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Intermediate

I so hope my damage is not as bad as your, that really sucks, why do fender benders even at no speed cause such damage? I know I have to replace the bumper, fog lights, headlight, pop out a dent, and realign the hood, and that is just the initial estimate at $3250, w/o disassembling the car. My whole life is ruined!!!
Do yo have full coverage? If so just let them pay for it to all get redone. That'll save youa few thousand. Shyt thats what i did.

I think our cars excessive damage has alot to do wit crumple zones and impact absorbsion.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:25 PM
9th Gear

No, out of pocket
Old 05-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Intermediate

Arrow

No, out of pocket
Damn. That ones gotta hurt!! Why you payin outta pocket..salvaged title?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

the bumper costs $260... acuraoemparts.com

Consider getting the parts yourself.

$5k in work is not a fender bender, it's a major accident.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Racer

modern cars today are fimsy as hell, thank god this wasn't an infiniti u were driving, it would be totaled, lmao
Old 05-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rob-2
the bumper costs $260... acuraoemparts.com

Consider getting the parts yourself.

$5k in work is not a fender bender, it's a major accident.
The insurance companies consider it a major accident but i dont consider a 15mph accident major.

Like ChampionFiyah said moders cars are flimsy. If you think $5k is alot for a luxury car hit something in a Benz or an Aston. Some of those are built like tanks but 15 mph will still definately run you more than $5k
Old 05-15-2008, 01:45 PM
9th Gear

I totally want an Aston Martin!!! who knows when I can afford that and all the things expected/unexpected that come w/ a car if I'm complaining about this, but if i was a car, I'd be an aston martin