FIX FOR ROTOR WARPING.!!! must read

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Took my 03 TL in for warping and picked it up the next day. When I got home my front left brake was making an awful noise. After looking to see where the noise was coming from I noticed that they didnt bother to put in the bolt for the caliper. After towing it back to the dealer I had to wait another day. Miami Acura is the worst place, I hate them and this freaking car, I only replaced my tranny last month at 16,000 miles.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is awful, glad you can make it home safely.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:07 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 04AcuraTL6speed
I jumped onto the Rotora group buy 4 corners with Axxis Ultimates for 435. i have no doubt that these will last longer, but i want assurance that i would not have to goto this trouble again if my rotors get warped again.

i bought these rotors and pads too. they have been on for about a month or two and i dunno if it's me who's becoming crazy about my brakes (from several warped rotors replacements) or if it'S real, but i feel like my rotors are beginning to warp (less than 25mph). i feel the car shaking a little bit. but maybe it's just the pads going over the slots? . everything is fine over 25mph...

i hope they arent warping, i paid 435$ for rotors and pads and i dont want to replace everything again... i already had my rotors replaced 4 times because they warped.

@cUr@-TL
Old 03-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Cruiser

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by 2002acuraTL
btw, just my 2 cents here but since I replaced the stock rotors and pads with Brembo blanks and Hawk Performance Pads (total price wth shipping $208 from tirerack.com) I've had good luck. I've made it so far twice as long as I ever did with the stock setup, which was replaced once by the dealer under warranty. After the 2nd time, I stopped bothering with the dealer. I dont have the time to go drop the car off, they wouldnt give me a loaner for a 'non-critical' repair, and so it wasnt worth the hassle every 12k miles. I haven't changed my driving habits, just the parts, so it had to be the OEM stuff that was the problem.

I am skeptical of that pipe and vent idea. Although the metal forming and welding did come out looking first-rate, especially those two mounting tabs. Incidentally, they make articulated solid metal dryer hose, which would seem a better choice than the junky plastic film stretched over a coiled wire style. Not sure why you didnt use that since the rest of the job was so well thought out...
How are these rotors working out for you? I'm looking to upgrade my rotors and I don't know if I'm going the vent route.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Cruiser

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by 2002acuraTL
btw, just my 2 cents here but since I replaced the stock rotors and pads with Brembo blanks and Hawk Performance Pads (total price wth shipping $208 from tirerack.com) I've had good luck. I've made it so far twice as long as I ever did with the stock setup, which was replaced once by the dealer under warranty. After the 2nd time, I stopped bothering with the dealer. I dont have the time to go drop the car off, they wouldnt give me a loaner for a 'non-critical' repair, and so it wasnt worth the hassle every 12k miles. I haven't changed my driving habits, just the parts, so it had to be the OEM stuff that was the problem.

I am skeptical of that pipe and vent idea. Although the metal forming and welding did come out looking first-rate, especially those two mounting tabs. Incidentally, they make articulated solid metal dryer hose, which would seem a better choice than the junky plastic film stretched over a coiled wire style. Not sure why you didnt use that since the rest of the job was so well thought out...
How are these rotors working out for you? Did you get the one's with the holes or the regular ones. I'm looking to upgrade my rotors and I don't know if I'm going the vent route.