Finally got pulled over in my TL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 09:24 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, they are dics man, and once they mark you they will bother you everytime they see you it's sad, but the truth. Just change the blue to white and it will bother them less. Don't forget man, you look really young and these cops love being on a young guy with a hot car.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, 2003-1974=29!!!!! I guess you was drunk a little.....
Old 11-25-2003, 10:31 AM
USMC Butterbars

where in NJ is East Hanover? Up here in North Bergen County, you dont see that much racial profiling anymore...considering 75% of the population is now asian....lol...
Old 11-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Coming from a Law Enforcement background, I understand why people look at cops differently. Most cops tend to stick with doing their job, but a lot get inflated egos because of a piece of iron strapped to their side. You can almost tell what deprivations these people had when they were young.

Anyway, next time you get pulled over, take notes, lots of notes.

Note down the car number (this can tell if the cop was in his area or not and just harassing people for fun) and the cross streets.

Ask for their badge number (s). If cops have nothing to hide, they should at least give their badge if they don't wear a name plate.

Note their comments and interaction with you.

And if they cross the line, FILE A COMPLAINT. You would be a better credible citizen complainant if you were composed, dignified and had all your facts straight and well-documented. The harassing cop won't think you would be noting stuff down about him, 'coz most people don't.

If the officer had a problem with your lights, markers, etc, then he should tell you straight out. Ask him what part of the code he was quoting you about. And request that youi would comply in place of a citation. If he cites you, ask him how it can be revoked if you showed compliance. The rest of the crap like why you drive thru that area, what you do for a living is uncalled for unless they are investigating a specific crime and you might have been a "likely" suspect due to your appearance or other circumstances.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:36 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

It's so funny how people bring up old thread and still talk about it.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:06 PM
On the way!

Originally posted by KZGTR
Hey, 2003-1974=29!!!!! I guess you was drunk a little.....
Check the post date. He posted that back in 2001, so he was correct.

Old threadzzzzzz......
Old 11-25-2003, 06:11 PM
Cruisin'

yea im sorry to hear about what happened... it sucks... cops are real assh*les... i live in brooklyn where its likely to get stopped for no reason at all if your under 25.... even if your car is stock....for all the good cops, there are alot of real d*cks in plain english.... tl's in my neighborhood are getting there lights ripped out... people's cars are getting vandalized and no one seems to see anything especially the cops... but sumhow there manages to be tickets on everyones cars for expired registrations or illegal license plate frames when we wake up ... the same people giving out tickets must be soo busy that they miss the real criminals...

also just sum advice.... change the bulbs to white or orange and i try to take a route home where there is the least cops... like side streets instead of main avenues when im coming home late at night....

take care
Old 11-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Drifting

this is an old thread...but i'll psot anyway....i also got my first ticket in east hanover....what ******* cops...the ticket was for an illegal uturn on a side street, that wasnt double line and their wasnt a no uturn sign..i know its illegal still..but everyone frekaing does it when they miss their turn...and the second ticket was for making a left turn at the light right when the left turn arerowed switched to a green light...everyone freaking does that too!!!...what bull**** tickets...and all just 2 weeks after i got my licence
Old 11-25-2003, 10:18 PM
Cruisin'

Im selling my car because of this too, I get harrassed constantly, and Its cuz um you and colored. Everytime I get pulled over, they ask me where I work, what I do, things of that nature. The other day

I was changing a taillight and one of them pigz pulled up next to me in an unmarked car and asked me If I had guns for sale, the other day a pig pulled up in a mustang and asked me "where da trees at?" C'mon man, If I didnt get run the chance of gettin deported, I would spit at them. RACIAL PROFILING, and POLICE BRUTALITY has to end.

BTW, my TL is for sale cheap! email me Jonsmobie_v200@hotmail.com for details
Old 11-26-2003, 03:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

blue and red lights blinking looks like a cop...take them off...
Old 11-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Advanced

In Favor of Cops

I'll start off by saying that as a white man, I know I don't get hassled like many people of color do. I also know that there are police out there--some, not most, who try to be Vic Mackey (The Shield) in how they deal with the public.

That said, I see a lot of guys in this thread saying they were doing twice the speed limit, or speeding in a school zone, or making an illegal turn, or whatever, and they're complaining about getting a ticket.

Yeah, I've gotten speeding tickets and done some stupid sh*t in my life. But I've been man enough to accept the consequences, and lucky enough not to have hurt or killed anyone. And now that I'm a little older and have a kid in elementary school, I'm not as forgiving about speeding in a school zone, or through our neighborhood for that matter.

And imagine the crap law enforcement puts up with on a daily basis. These days, patrolling for 20 years would turn even Mr. Rogers into a jaded cynic. Rotating street work with desk duty and community service would help keep these guys from getting burnt out, where they start being suspicious of guys with the "wrong" skin tone driving nice rides.

Know the law, have insurance, be polite when stopped and take names and badge numbers if you're hassled--you can file a complaint later. But remember who lays their collective ass on the line when you call 911.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Advanced

drove my uncles 911 turbo. got pulled over 4 doing 125 in a 70.
he said he liked tha car.then when i said i wasnt my car he freaked out and thought I stole it and held me up for 45min.

-*am* cops1