Fern leather..is it green or grey???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2001, 04:29 PM

Post Fern leather..is it green or grey???

Hi all,

I'm getting close to getting a 01 TL w/o Nav and debating between the Satin Silver or Taffeta White with Fern. [I like the Silver but my wife isn't a fan of the black leather, and beige is out of the question: gets too dirty and doesn't hide dirt/stains.]

Here's my question: what shade of color is the FERN? On Acuras site, it appears to be a puke green, but the color sample in the TL brochure looks more of a dark grey. Unfortunately, Acura 101 in Calabasas, CA has like 3-4 TLs in stock and none in Fern.

Thanks much,
Steve
Old 01-26-2001, 04:48 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asteve-
I just bought a satin silver TL and I would have bought the Laguna green if it didn't come with the Fern only. The Fern is green and is the least attractive of the interior colors in my opinion. However, I love the white and the laguna.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver TL w/ Navigation and Factory Underbody Kit. Comptech Headers, Exhaust, Springs, Sways, Inspire Tails and Short Ram Air Intake.
Old 01-26-2001, 06:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I disagree. We loved the color. It's more grey then green. We had a Honda Accord with tan and we could never keep it clean. This color is perfect, not too light, not too dark.

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 01-26-2001, 06:12 PM

Thanks all for your responses..I too have an Accord with beige interior - nightmare to keep clean!!!

Originally posted by MikeS:
I disagree. We loved the color. It's more grey then green. We had a Honda Accord with tan and we could never keep it clean. This color is perfect, not too light, not too dark.

Old 01-26-2001, 06:13 PM

I love the Fern interior! I agree that it's a little more grey than green, so it compliments the Laguna perfectly IMO. HOWEVER, I just can't picture it in a white car. I bet it would be a rarity. Hope that helps.

------------------
2001 Laguna Navi (no regrets or TL-S envy)
OEM Spoiler
Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 01-26-2001, 06:16 PM

Oh yeah, I'll be out in Westchester (LAX area) on Sunday around 1:00 if you really want to check out the color.

------------------
2001 Laguna Navi (no regrets or TL-S envy)
OEM Spoiler
Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 01-26-2001, 07:32 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

.........fern is more so in the dove grey family..................but i love the new champagne!!!!!!!!!!!!!whats your beef man, nobody has one this color hooked up, they are all either black, silver, or white......... i have never seen one this color even with rims..........man be original and get the tan!!.......wifey would like......, i call it champagne/taupe/upper class color.......my 97 is champagne n i rarely see a car my color, they are either black or ivory.........get the pagne man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2001, 11:28 PM

Thanks anyways - I finally saw a Taffeta white w/ fern yesterday...it definitely is more of a grey tone. [I'm not sure why Acura calls it a 'fern' as it is VERY hard to see the green tint...].

I have finalized my choice!!!

Thanks all,
Steve

Originally posted by bbkat:
Oh yeah, I'll be out in Westchester (LAX area) on Sunday around 1:00 if you really want to check out the color.