factory alarm disable

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
they go wooooot wooooot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
factory alarm disable

hey guys,

long story short, i have a viper and sometimes the factory alarm will still go off for no reason when the car's unlocked with the viper remote. does anyone know how to disable or remove the factory alarm system? maybe by just pullin out a harness somewhere? thansk in advance guys...
Old 03-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Take it back to your installer.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah they should have taken care of that the day of the install.......complain
Old 03-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Racer

They installed it incorrectly. I have the factory and aftermarket alarm. The aftermarket disarms both, but to arm both, you have to arm each separate.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:57 PM
sumbdy gettin used 2nite!

You could try this:
While your Viper is unarmed, lock the car with the factory key pad, then unlock it with that key pad, and stop using it. As long as the factory alarm is in disabled state it shouldn't have interaction with the viper.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
If the installer did it correctly. Your aftermarket alarm should arm with your stock alarm and disarm your stock alarm with the aftermarket. Plus, you would have double security. There is no reason why anyone should have to arm both separately.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:11 PM
sumbdy gettin used 2nite!

Originally Posted by ncxvtguy83
If the installer did it correctly. Your aftermarket alarm should arm with your stock alarm and disarm your stock alarm with the aftermarket. Plus, you would have double security. There is no reason why anyone should have to arm both separately.
right, you shouldn't need to use the factory alarm after getting the viper installed. Only reason you would use it is if viper remote went down temporarily and then you'd have to disable that manually if the car isn't unlocked at the time.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:00 PM
they go wooooot wooooot

right agree with you all. i was wondering tho... if the car happens to lock itself when say....the key is out of the ignition or if the driver's lock is pushed down, or for whatever reason, i would still need the factory key pad with me. im just lookin for a way to easy disable the factory alarm. and the install was a nightmare, i dont want the installer with me car for another 3 days...
Old 03-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Instructor

hey, my main point to my previous post was that you shouldn't need the factory alarm remote. If the installer installed it correctly, the aftermarket alarm will have total control of BOTH the factory and aftermarket.

btw, my friend and I installed my alarm w/ remote start bypass, and a bunch of other sensors under 8 hrs. You should be careful and go to reputable alarm install places.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
they go wooooot wooooot

well, clearly he didnt install it correctly. now on to the solution, please....
Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bambo2888
well, clearly he didnt install it correctly. now on to the solution, please....
Like everyone has said, it would probably be best to take it back to him. Being that he installed it, it should be warrantied. These guys that install these alarms usually have to have some certification or training. If you are trying to disable the stock alarm, all you are doing is putting a band aid on the problem. Which in fact, may get worse in the future. A wire could have come lose or come into contact with another, or any other possible secenario. It would be in the best of your interest to solve the root problem. If you oppose to my advice or the members here, that's your choice. As far as disabling the stock alarm, I have not tried and do not know. Goodluck.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:22 AM
they go wooooot wooooot

Originally Posted by ncxvtguy83
Like everyone has said, it would probably be best to take it back to him. Being that he installed it, it should be warrantied. These guys that install these alarms usually have to have some certification or training. If you are trying to disable the stock alarm, all you are doing is putting a band aid on the problem. Which in fact, may get worse in the future. A wire could have come lose or come into contact with another, or any other possible secenario. It would be in the best of your interest to solve the root problem. If you oppose to my advice or the members here, that's your choice. As far as disabling the stock alarm, I have not tried and do not know. Goodluck.
thanks, but the "root" of the problem is the fact that the installer is no longer in the business, probably for this reason. so ultimately, this is my problem to fix.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:29 AM
they go wooooot wooooot

well actually, ncxvtguy83, maybe you can answer some of my questions.

- the bypass didnt end up working, so remote start is currently decommissioned. can you please tell me which one you used and exactly how you did it?
- when i open the doors, the courtesy dome light does not automatically come on, however, we i switch it to the on position, it comes on. my guess is that that door trigger wire or the relay that controls it is fried because i know for a fact that it is hooked up to the correct wire. what this problem means is that they only way I am currently protecting my car is with a shock sensor because the alarm brain does not recognize any doors as open or closed.
- do you have the trunck pop installed? we have tried everything with every wiring schematic. have any info?

my friend and I have taken over the install/repair process of my security system (hes good with wiring) because of the dealer troubles that i have had. any advise would be great. he should be on this thread to read your response soon. thanks man, i really do apprieciate it.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bambo2888
well actually, ncxvtguy83, maybe you can answer some of my questions.

- the bypass didnt end up working, so remote start is currently decommissioned. can you please tell me which one you used and exactly how you did it?
- when i open the doors, the courtesy dome light does not automatically come on, however, we i switch it to the on position, it comes on. my guess is that that door trigger wire or the relay that controls it is fried because i know for a fact that it is hooked up to the correct wire. what this problem means is that they only way I am currently protecting my car is with a shock sensor because the alarm brain does not recognize any doors as open or closed.
- do you have the trunck pop installed? we have tried everything with every wiring schematic. have any info?

my friend and I have taken over the install/repair process of my security system (hes good with wiring) because of the dealer troubles that i have had. any advise would be great. he should be on this thread to read your response soon. thanks man, i really do apprieciate it.
There was probably one of 2 bypass modules you used for remote start, one with a spare key in the module or one where you had to program it. I would make sure all the bypass connections are good near the steering column. The stock wires are very short and it's a possibility one came loose.
-as far as your dome light, did you test all 4 doors to make sure all 4 triggers were bad? If you tried all 4 doors and the dome light still doesn't come on. You may have a bigger problem. My first guess would be your multiplex module was fried. If that has gone bad, expect to spend about $100 or more. When did you start to notice the domelight not coming on with the door triggers? before or after the alarm install.. It also makes me think your multiplex unit is bad since your alarm doesn't detect the doors being opened, which controls your door triggers(that's why your alarm doesn't go off when you open the door) and in turn control your domelight.
*the multiplex is located right behind your glove box.
-for the trunk pop, you need to wire up a relay to give a 12v output. On your alarm brain, there should be a trunk pop 200ma pulse wire. You connect that to the relay then your 12v output of relay to the trunk pop wire of the Multiplex unit.
*I would use a multimeter to test everything. Do all these at your own risk, b\c I will not be responsible for your lack of skills.

by the way, if you need a multiplex unit for a 1999 TL. I may have a brand new one. Let me know.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:59 AM
they go wooooot wooooot

thanks dude. i know for a fact something is fried because my friend was testing the voltage on the door triggers up behind the pass. fuse panel and he connected one of the groud with soemthing else with the multitester, then he heard the sound that a shorted wire makes, and bam, the domelight isnt trigger by the doors. Also, i did notice that none of the doors will tigger the light.

other than that, the trunk pop gave us hell, and it still doesnt work. im going to try to get my expert friend on here. look back for the next day or so.

thanks man, i really do appreicate the help.