Exhaust master please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust master please help

what will be the result,with comptech header+high frow cat+straight pipe+comptech axle back mufflers.will it sound very loud??
Old 02-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Well you can't have a cat AND a straight pipe.

I have Comptech headers and exhaust and the sound is very nice. Deep throaty sound, not like a typical Civic exhaust.

I don't believe the straight pipe will make the sound any different than what I have, but I may be wrong.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Well you can't have a cat AND a straight pipe.

I have Comptech headers and exhaust and the sound is very nice. Deep throaty sound, not like a typical Civic exhaust.

I don't believe the straight pipe will make the sound any different than what I have, but I may be wrong.
a straight pipe means with just one or no resonator right?

so it will be loud i guess

i got comptech axle back and icebox and they sound quieter than other setups, i will put on the comptech headers next month and see how would they go~
Old 02-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by initialD
what will be the result,with comptech header+high frow cat+straight pipe+comptech axle back mufflers.will it sound very loud??
if you would want sth loud you can get the Tanabe exhaust, they are LOUD and gives a good gain

if you don't want loud, Apexi WS and Comptech is way to go

5zigen is gd too, and they are running cheap now
Old 02-16-2005, 10:02 AM
boo

Straight pipe can replace either the resonators or the cat. Definately will make it somewhat louder. HKS Super Draggers are the quietest imo.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by benzo555
Straight pipe can replace either the resonators or the cat. Definately will make it somewhat louder. HKS Super Draggers are the quietest imo.

really? they look too aggressive for my taste

comptech still looks the best with the 3.5" tip, 4" tip is too huge on the TL~

greddy comes with a 4.5" and looks weird~
Old 02-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by benzo555
How loud do you think,like diarrhea?I have the header and mufflers already,i don't want to spent more money for comptech's b-pipe,that's way I'm thinking to put a straight pipe in between,anyone have experience of doing this?please help
thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
i just got my xhaust put in yesterday n loving it...custom cat-back magnaflows...it sounds really nice...n as for a hi-flow cat...they dont have em out for our cars yet i dont think...in like 4 yrs?...
Old 02-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Comptech Freak

How loud do you think,like diarrhea?I have the header and mufflers already,i don't want to spent more money for comptech's b-pipe,that's way I'm thinking to put a straight pipe in between,anyone have experience of doing this?please help
thanks
don't bother if you got them

it makes the sound annoying when you cruising on hwy

if you really want you can ask a performance tuner shop to make a pipe for about 200 bucks installed
Old 02-17-2005, 06:26 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

thanks

if you put a high flow cat and use a straight (no resonators) pipe between the cat and the mufflers, although i never really heard comptech mufflers im pretty sure it will be kinda loud... i would at least put a 12" resonator in between...

i have headers, stock cat, 22" res and magnaflow str8 through mufflers myself and imo the sound is perfect... i didnt want it too loud either...

oh btw if im not mistaken you're from Montreal right?? we gotta meet up sometimes... there might be a TL meeting in Montreal this summer would you be in? but even if there's no meeting i wanna check out that ride of yours.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
i have all 4 resonators removed (both intakes and exhausts).. the straight pipe removed the resontors and i kept my stock cat. the thing is, i think the sound is awesome the way it is right now. exhaust doesnt have a huge improvement on power, so i just left the stock ones. the removal of the resonators brought out enough power for a TL. if its any louder i dont know, no one will actually look at the TL because of the sound, they'll think its some other car besides an acura. well unless theres a teg or an rsx next to you. im getting my headers and pulleys in soon, that's all im doing with engine. not gonna go all out with performance parts thats not gonna do much for the car
Old 02-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by samkws
if you would want sth loud you can get the Tanabe exhaust, they are LOUD and gives a good gain

if you don't want loud, Apexi WS and Comptech is way to go

5zigen is gd too, and they are running cheap now

Um... no. Apexi WS is a lot louder than Comptechs for sure. Not sure where you got your source from, but I heard both (my friends' cars) before I went with Apexi. Apexi sounds like a louder and deeper G35c exhaust.