excellerate what are you talking about?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation excellerate what are you talking about?

Ok we were talking for two months, i thought you knew what i was talking about back then, when i was ready to order i clearly told you what i wanted, and you told me that you have it in stock. As for tanabe i contacted them and they are trying there best to get me that muffler. Its true that they don't sell parts for this set up but my kit is brand new and its something that they did wrong. Here is my confirmation pms with excellerate so people don't think i'm lying, if you choose to take my words from 2 months ago rather then the current conversation it is not my fault. Here is what happened when i placed the order:

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Originally Posted by 2Rude
I will be sending you 180$ via paypal for 1 tanabe super hyper medallion muffler w/tip DRIVER SIDE on thursday. Please send it as a gift or declare it lower then the actual value so i can avoid paying taxes and custom fees. Please reply to confirm. thanks
Okay. Sounds good. I have them in stock. Just follow the instructions we had for payment and the amount I gave in previous PM's.
Just to be clear, as previous, this is what we agreed on:

Paiement of 180$ USD via paypal, including shipping to canada.
Shipped via USPS, declared value of 80$ USD
Once shipped you will provide tracking number

Those are the terms to me. If you have anything you want to add let me know now and not later. Reply to confirm. Thank you.
Well shipping via USPS doesn't get you a tracking #. I can only get a tracking # via UPS. But everything else looks good.
Will you guaranty the delivery if i have no tracking number? Since you are declaring it less then its worth i don't want to take any chances, ship it UPS. and declare it as 80$. thank you.
Ok I'll send it via UPS.
So people of acurazine tell me if i'm wrong to ask for my money back. Instead of telling me that he doesn't have this muffler he sent me Tuner Medallion. I even clearly wrote on my paypal payment that i needed Super Hyper Medallion. Don't get me wrong he was fast at shipping, and everything was great unfortunetly i received the wrong muffler because he based himself on something i said 2 or even 3 months ago. I didn't even mention i wanted Tuner Medallion...
Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
The only mufflers Tanabe sells individually

It's called the Tanabe Hyper Medallion (Tuner Style). You said muffler, not axleback exhaust.

Here is what I posted in the other thread.

Please don't lie to everyone and yourself anymore. I wasn't going to even bring this on AZ but now you have started the process. Unfortunately I am going to partially hijack this thread. Here is a series of our conversations.

================================================== ==============================
To : 2Rude
Date : 2006-10-23 13:06
Title : Re: Performance Parts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much would you sell me 1 tanabe hyper medallion exhaust? By 1 i mean one muffler and not the whole kit. let me know. thanks

$165 shipped in total. I have a Tanabe order going in soon so let me know.

================================================== ==============================

That was 10/23. He said he needed some time and asked me if the price would stand. I said yes. Then I later received this message:

To : Excelerate
Date : 2006-12-04 17:59
Title : Re: Performance Parts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be sending you 180$ via paypal for 1 tanabe super hyper medallion muffler w/tip DRIVER SIDE on thursday. Please send it as a gift or declare it lower then the actual value so i can avoid paying taxes and custom fees. Please reply to confirm. thanks

Okay so he told me he needed a muffler and here I assumed he was telling me that he was going to use it on the driver side. After his eCheck clears I send the muffler. Well what the customer actually has is a Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion Catback Exhaust and he is missing the driver side axleback setup somehow. Since we were talking for 2 months you think he would have been more clear and told me that but he told me in every PM he only need a muffler. So that night after the muffler has been shipped and is on its way to Canada he sends me this email:

Just to make sure the attached photo is the muffler i need...please check
and let me know. Thank you....

Needless to say I was flabbergasted. How could someone talk to me for 2 months and then show me a pic of the part he needed the day after I send it? He told me every time he needed a muffler.

This point is mute anyways b/c Tanabe doesn't sell individual pieces of their exhaust systems. They only sell entire exhausts. They do and will not sell axlebacks, b-pipes, or anything separate. I explained this to him and even told him that I would send him another muffler at my cost to help him out since he would need matching mufflers.

Anyways to rectify the situation I also said just send the muffler back to me and I will refund you the price of the muffler. I said you have to pay shipping back to me and cover the shipping to you but I will refund in full the price of the muffler. His reponse was that he demanded a full refund and would not send the muffler back until he received the refund. Needless to say it doesn't work that way. The customer has to ship the part back and then the vendor refunds them. So he chose to talk to Tanabe directly to obtain the piece he needed. Tanabe told him they don't sell them individually and that if he needed another muffler or exhaust to deal with me since I am an Authorized Dealer.

Well then he says this to me:

Tanabe is requesting pictures of the box (SUPER hyper medallion), i ask you
if you can take picture of a box that you have in stock for me, i would
appreciate that! I don't have my box anymore because it was taking too much
place, please let me know asap. Thank you!

In the meantime I have been in direct contact with Tanabe. He asked me this b/c he taped a print out of the label on this box and was trying to misrepresent it. I told him:

I don't have the Super Hyper Medallion catback in stock and to be honest I wouldn't misrepresent my box (exhaust) as yours b/c that is dishonest.

He responded:

Thanks anyways, after lots of arguing and emails, tanabe finally decided to
send me the muffler. Please refund my money in full so i can send you back
the muffler i got from you.

I called Tanabe to see if this was true. Absolutely not. Anyone who wants can call Tanabe and speak to James. James told me himself that this customer keeps changing his story, is lying, and is shady.

So end of story he threatened to file a dispute with Paypal. I told him to do so. He did and I escalated it to a claim. Paypal has chosen not to investigate. This customer is shady and I tried to be fair with him. Now he has posted here saying I screwed him and filed a dispute with me with Paypal. By the way, ask the members here. I have a good reputation and I am a very fair and honest person.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Ok we were talking for two months, i thought you knew what i was talking about back then, when i was ready to order i clearly told you what i wanted, and you told me that you have it in stock.
You were not clear otherwise I would have told you they don't sell the axleback. I have nothing to gain by selling you the wrong item. You should have been clear on what you wanted. You wanted an replacement driver side axleback system for the TL-S for the Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion Catback Exhaust.

So people of acurazine tell me if i'm wrong to ask for my money back.
LOL. I offered you your money back for the muffler (100% refund on the muffler and no restocking fees), just not the shipping.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:55 PM
they go wooooot wooooot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:troutslap

hehe, go excelerate!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Why dont you just send the muffler back like he asked tons of times, instead of looking for 1 muffler.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok we were talking for two months, i thought you knew what i was talking about back then, when i was ready to order i clearly told you what i wanted, and you told me that you have it in stock.

So people of acurazine tell me if i'm wrong to ask for my money back. .
You thought?
This is business, thought has no place in business transactions.
You are wrong dude and I'm being impartial.

btw, i thought you were going to pay us all $200 for our input on this matter.......
Old 01-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Not Asian

nice rebuttle. I will stand behind Excelerate and say he is a stand up guy who runs a stand up business.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:10 PM
now with four rings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, i'm definitely behind excelerate on this one...he's always responded to my questions very fast with detailed info, so i don't see any reason for him to want to screw you out of all people out of some part...

and since when do companies give refunds BEFORE their product is returned...? ...i don't know how they do things in canada, but here in the states that's the beginning of a scam waiting to happen...just send the product back and you'll get your refund...excelerate isn't going to jeopardize his reputation over some muffler...

and finally, if you talk to someone two months prior to talking to them again, you should always remind them of everything you talked about, especially when it comes to ordering something...why would you expect them to remember everything (if anything) you asked about? i'm sure excelerate goes through numerous PM's per day and like most of us, is only human...
Old 01-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Thats enough. If you are going to bring up more i suggest you do it Via PM. Excelerate has explained himself very well i believe, and any further discussion should be kept between PMs