Emblem Coloring (or Blackening)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 08:46 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
Question Emblem Coloring (or Blackening)

Indyjenks has hinted about having the chrome emblems "blackened". What does this involve? Do they remove them, treat them, and reinstall them? Or, do they do it right on the car? How does it hold up in the weather and car wash?

I had the Acura Black emblems on my 99TL, but they were not really black, only a dark, tinted chrome.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:19 PM
The "old" guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Oblio....no fair! You already have my...er...your car.... LOL Dont know for sure yet whether they can do it...dealer is checking. The source does the gold ones..dont want those though. I want black chrome on my black on black TL-S. Im thinking about the grille emblem also with both "wings" blackened out. Dealer said they will warrant the black badging along with the regular factory warranty, body kit, wood kit, spoiler and all since they are doing it. Black on black with tinted windows and black chrome emblems just looks tooooo goooooodd........ BTW - got the steering wheel today...couldnt resist...dealer is going to be putting it on too.

------------------
72 Olds 442 Convertible (dual ram air) Play ride
99 Chevy Explorer high top conversion (vacation ride)
94 Ranger Splash 4x4 ext cab. (work/haul ride)
80 Honda CB750F (Shoei/Kerker) wheelie ride
02 TL-S Black/Ebony Underbody/spoiler/wood(due 3/28) MY RIDE
00 John Deere 4 wheel steer (yard ride...hehe)
Old 03-21-2001, 09:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
A Black Chrome Grill. Hmmm I would prob be interested in that as well. Let us know how that works out.
Old 03-21-2001, 09:42 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
Cool

Originally posted by Indyjenks:
Hey Oblio....no fair! You already have my...er...your car.... LOL Dont know for sure yet whether they can do it...dealer is checking. The source does the gold ones..dont want those though. I want black chrome on my black on black TL-S. Im thinking about the grille emblem also with both "wings" blackened out. Dealer said they will warrant the black badging along with the regular factory warranty, body kit, wood kit, spoiler and all since they are doing it. Black on black with tinted windows and black chrome emblems just looks tooooo goooooodd........ BTW - got the steering wheel today...couldnt resist...dealer is going to be putting it on too.

Hey Indyjenks! You have great taste in automobiles Glad you got the "wheel". It is really a strange feeling to take a turn and feel the smooth cold fake wood! It's cool!

I too did not want the gold. I would like to do the rear. I had the Acura black on the last car, and the front only got the darkened Acura logo. I always thought that looked odd.

The rear of the black car actually looks better with the chrome emblems now that the orange is gone from the tail-lights (Do you know what I mean?) I still would be interested to know about getting the rears done.

Keep us posted, and hey, it's your turn for pictures!

:-jon

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by oblio98 on March 21, 2001 @ ]</font>