Buying from Tim/Snook789/ACP.com need your experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Post Buying from Tim/Snook789/ACP.com need your experiences

Not sure if you all know who Tim is. Tim Piscitelli is the administrator of the http://www.acura-tl.com forum. His screen name is Snook789. He hasn't been around much lately, because of the release of his new auto parts site http://autocarparts.com.

Tim has been very instrumental in having the manufacturers make or test parts for the TL/CL. Just a few years ago there was not much for our cars besides maybe headers and exhaust. Since Tim came on the scene, you'd be amazed how many aftermarket parts there are for our cars.

Well if you don't believe me, check it out here http://autocarparts.com.

Here is but a few of Tim's accomplishments:

* Tim was the one who pushed Comptech to test out the TL parts on the CL so he could start to offer them.
* He pushed AEM weekly to get them to release the CAI for the CL-S.
* He got AEM to add the TL to their parts list (same as Accord, but they wouldn't add it till he installed in on his own TL )
* Had Eibach test fit the TL with their Prokit, so I could offer it to TL owners, with their approval.
* He went to SEMA in Las Vegas and got in every manufacturer's ear he could to start making parts for the TL/CL (body kits, grills, carbon fiber dashes)

Most of the older members know about all this, and that is why you will see they recommend Tim when looking for parts for the TL/CL. If you are a new member, this is just to make you all aware how hard he works to bring us more options for our cars.

Keep in mind when a member asks Tim to match a big Acura dealers price which doesn't happened too often, because he keeps his prices very low, it hurts his bottom line. Now we're not talking a lot of money here. Maybe $10-$20 difference. Multiply that by a couple dozen sales, and you can see what it does to him financially.

Tim runs the TL/CL board for us. He does it so all the die-hard TL owners can get help on how-to, see pictures of some radically modified TLs, and find out about the latest and greatest mods for our cars.

* Tim fights extremely hard for TL/CL owners. He pretty much has the lowest prices on parts for them.
* He is always after manufacturers to make parts for our cars.
* He tries to give the best customers service as possible - which he does an amazing job at, I've never found a retailer who will go out of his way to make it perfect for you.

When you buy from Tim, you are not only buying a product, you're buying piece-of-mind. You'll know that if you buy it from http://autocarparts.com it's gonna be right, or Tim will make it right.

So the next time you're on the groupbuy site and you see a product for a few dollars less than Tim, remember that when it shows up 8 weeks later, broken, not what you ordered, missing pieces, for the wrong car, well you get the idea, remember that Tim knows more about our cars than most and will do whatever it takes to make you happy.

Anyone who has had the opportunity to buy something from Tim, please chime in here.

I'd like everyone to see what the experience buying from him has been.

Neil

------------------
1999 Satin Silver Metallic 3.2 TL w/o Navigation
  • 18x8 Racing Hart C2s with 225/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 9000
  • Comptech Springs, Sways, Exhaust, and Headers
  • Red AEM CAI w/bypass valve
  • A'PEXi Digital VTEC AFC
  • Factory Underbody Kit and Spoiler
  • Clifford Intelliguard 9000 Alarm
  • Alpine 6 disk CD Changer
  • BEL 945i Cordless Radar Detector
  • Burlwood Shift Knob & Trunk Tray
  • 20% tint
Mugen Grill on order
Old 03-20-2001, 12:49 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snook789 FOR PRESIDENT!

You've done a great job! Keep us the great work you do!!!

NSXNEXT, great job too

------------------
2001 Acura TL Laguna Green Metallic
Stock for now...
Wood Grain kit/Wood Knob/Rear Spoiler/Inspire Lights/K&N Filter ...More to come very soon!
djalliance@acura-tl.com
Old 03-20-2001, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

I have purchased the following from Tim:

18x8 Racing Hart C2s with 225/40ZR18 Dunlop SP Sport 9000

Comptech Springs, Sways, Exhaust, and Headers

My Mugen grill is on the way to NJ as we speak.

I have had nothing but great things to say about Tim. Would without a doubt, buy from him again.

------------------
  • 20% tint
Mugen Grill on order
Old 03-20-2001, 12:52 PM
Racer

Tim's the man. i've bought comptech exhaust, AEM CAI, and the inspire switch from him, and i've had great experiences everytime. i'll always spend the extra dollar by going to Tim, because he's done so much for the website and, indirectly, for our cars.
i'll feel like i'm cheating on tim if i buy something from a groupbuy or another website.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:54 PM
Pro

I ordered Comptech springs and sways from Tim earlier this month. The springs already arrived, and the sways are on back order as per Tim, but are expected around the end of the month. Tim has been extremely responsive in answering every one of my questions, and even posted a question on the board whether anyone knew of a good install place in So. Cal. in order to help me. I will always took to Tim first when purchasing something for my TL because first, I know it will be compatible with my TL, and second, I know Tim will treat me fairly.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:16 PM
Pro

I couldn't have said it better, Neil!!!

It's true, what you said about purchasing with a piece-of-mind. When I ordered my Tail Lights, I didn't even worry, I knew everything would run smoothly.

And believe me, I wouldn't have all my mods if it wasn't for Tim and this site!!! That's what I've been trying to say to the newbies!!!
"Learn from our mistakes(wheel offsets, etc..) and take advantage of what does work on our cars(Accord V6 parts, etc..)"

------------------
2000 ACURA 3.2TL NightHawkBlack
Non-Navi(Doesn't work in Hawaii)
Factory body kit & Wing, 19" Racing Hart C-5's,
Nitto 555's, NEX CoilOvers, CompTech Exhaust,
CompTech Headers, Inspire Taillights, NOS(70 shot),
AEM CAI, Alpine 8080, TL rear door handles in front,
Apexi v-afc, 5% + 30% tints,30% front windshield.

tann@pixi.com
Old 03-20-2001, 01:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

He's everything NSXnext said and more! When he unbuttons his shirt and you'll find a large S! Hey, Tim Type S!!!!
I've ordered:

headers
sways
CAI

from Tim and have been extremely pleased with the excellent service he's provided. I won't buy anything for car unless it's from Tim!
Old 03-20-2001, 01:20 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Well, I probably shouldn't be posting in this topic since I haven't bought anything from Tim, but like my old signature used to say here is "My 2 cents..."
I do a large share of my shopping on the web and the main thing that influences my preference of one store over the other are the customer reviews...
I've been on this site since september '00 but I have not seen anyone ever complain, and that's plain amazing...
Of course if you do enough searching around you bound to find a better price, most likely only by a few dollars, but than they'd have to make up for it somehow...
Here is one example for you... about 6 month ago I went to the web to get a phone, 2.4Ghz Siemens, and I found it for $150 in one reputable place and for $140 in another noname place... when the phone finally came the box was lined with old newspapers instead of buble wrap or foam thingies... and a month later that store was out of business...
And even though I know my reply has nothing to do with this site you should always remember the saying "You get what you paid for"...

------------------
Out on parole and on best behavior...
Old 03-20-2001, 01:30 PM
Burning Brakes

I haven't bought anything from Tim yet, not sure if I want to mod my TL yet. But if I do, rest assured that I will buy from Tim exclusively. Not just because I know that he will stand behind the product he sells, but because he's created this wonderful place for us that ACP basically pays for.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:38 PM
Instructor

I've bought Comptech headers and Apex'i coilovers from Tim. When I ordered the Comptech headers it was through a groupbuy that Tim was sponsoring, but it didn't fall through because most of the people backed out, but as a consolation he offered free shipping. Another thing with the header purchase was that at the time I bought it from Tim, Comptech was having a problem with their latest batch and the product was on back order. It took about 6 weeks before I received the headers while Comptech was getting their act together, but without even asking Tim, he constantly kept me updated of the status of my order via email, and I wasn't worried one bit.

I feel very fortunate having met Tim through the failed groupbuy, because I have chanced upon one of the few honest, trustworthy vendors online who'll sometimes bend over backwards to make his customers happy. The best I could think of to show my appreciation for Tim's effort is to refer as many people to his site whenever they ask about an online store or where did I get such and such part.

I just hope when Tim and www.autocarparts.com get big and famous, that he doesn't forget the little people that helped him get there

Old 03-20-2001, 01:53 PM
Banned

I haven't purchased anything from Tim yet either, only because I got my TL about 2 weeks ago. But the thing is, I know when I am ready to buy aftermarket parts for my first gen TL, this will be THE place to buy them. I have searched everywhere for first gen aftermarket parts and far and away, this place has the most available for my 97 TL. I'd rather support a hard working individual than line the pockets of corporate America anyday, even if I have to shell out a few extra bucks.
Old 03-20-2001, 02:08 PM
Pro

After purchasing stuff from Tim and meeting him down in Vegas for SEMA, There isnt one bad thing i can say bout this guy. When it comes to questions, he is on that email replying back. Purchases, man he really gets it out to you asap w/ tracking numbers and dates! Price is actually really good too! And when we were in Vegas, this guy had one mission on his mind!! WOMEN... no j/k. He spent his whole time meeting with aftermarket companies and drilling them for information on products and applications for the TL and CL! Tim is da shiet!
Old 03-20-2001, 02:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

PIAA 1700x's are on the way, should be here tomorrow! I love it b/c he's in NJ, so I don't have to wait for the package to move across the country. No offense to those out in the west coast.
Old 03-20-2001, 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by liutang:
I love it b/c he's in NJ, so I don't have to wait for the package to move across the country. No offense to those out in the west coast.
Actually he's in FL, but that's East Coast too.

------------------
  • 20% tint
Mugen Grill on order
Old 03-20-2001, 02:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by NSXNEXT:
Actually he's in FL, but that's East Coast too.

Yeah, I just realized that. I got confused with Ron.
Old 03-20-2001, 02:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

BTW, when is the wheels page going back up?
Old 03-20-2001, 02:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

I bought my Inspire switch and sways from Tim.

Comptech had one last set of sways before they went on back order (those of you who recently ordered know what I mean) and he made sure I got them.

Looking into bulbs, shifter, and exhaust next which I will be ordering from him.

------------------

1999 Firepepper Red
Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/
30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs (not installed yet)

More Pics
Old 03-20-2001, 04:05 PM
Drifting

I've ordered Comptech:

Sways
Springs
Air Filter
Exhaust
Headers

from Tim. I did it all at once so I've only dealt with buying stuff from him once, but I've bothered him with quite a few questions before my puchase and he was extremely fast with his responses and very helpful with his answers.

If I want something else, the only reason I would by elsewhere is if Tim couldn't get it (very unlikely I think).

Jason

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank>

</A>
2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
Satin Silver / Ebony Interior
Comptech Headers & Exhaust
Comptech Springs & Sways
Comptech Air Filter
Factory Spoiler & CD Changer
Burlwood Shift Knob
35% Tint, Tinted Rear Plate Cover
Removed Acura & 3.2TL Badging From Trunk
Removed Front Plate Holder
Old 03-20-2001, 04:55 PM

Tim's for real. Bought my sways and springs thru Tim. My springs were delivered minus one piece. Tim was very consoling and offered advice about how to take care of it which Comptech did without any fuss or muss. For the record comptech shipped another spring overnight to my dealership which were installing the springs. Thats from Cali to Jersey. Anyways I trust Tim.

On another note can Tim or somebody else tell me alittle about Tim's rims.

Are the wheels on Tim's car Racing Hart?
Are they the C2 model?
Are they 2 or 3 piece? (does anybody know if they also come in 1 piece?)
Can you tell me the offset?

Thank you kindly

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
My Car
Old 03-20-2001, 06:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

I couldn't say anything more than whatNSXNEXT, TLon19s, Tann, GIMMICK, bahreeTL and the other have already said.

I ordered my Comptech springs and exhaust from Tim over a year ago. Then last fall I ordered my wheels from him. Tim went thru a lot of personal hassles and no small financial loss (on Customs fees) for a large order from Japan last year. The order that had my rims! Tim called me that night when he returned from Miami International with a truck load of parts for his customers, to tell me that my wheels were in and that everything was OK (after an 18 hour day!). That is customer service that you aren't likely to find elsewhere. And then hanging out with him and Mike at SEMA was a blast. Like Tann@808 said, if it weren't for Tim and this site, my TL would be stock.

If SNooK carries a part I want then I'll get it from him without question! I always look here first and would have more stuff on my TL if I didn't have to kids and other bills
Old 03-20-2001, 07:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought my spoiler and Inspire Tails from Tim last summer. He emailed me back within hours of me emailing him to answer my questions about everything. Thats why I buy from here instead of other sites.

Rosh
Old 03-20-2001, 08:25 PM
Safety Car

From Tim I've gotten:

Comptech Springs
Comptech Exhaust
Comptech Sways
AEM CAI
Inspire Tails
Two Wood Dash Kits
"Factory" Spoiler
19" Alstadt IVs

And soon, also from Tim, I'm getting:

Comptech Headers
Rotors
Metal Master Brake Pads

And I'm sure much more! Tim is very much into making his customers happy. Not something you usually find. PLUS, he has great prices! And a wonderful website! The guy who made that site must be a FRICKIN genius!

------------------
2001 Silver TL, non-navi, Inspire tails & wood steering wheel, 2 burlwood dash kits & shift knob, TL-S passenger vent trim, Alumapro BP-10 & ZX400TI Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), factory spoiler & body kit, AEM short ram intake, blue alarm LEDs, Mugen grill, Comptech sways, springs & exhaust, SuperCrystal lugs, black chrome emblems.

On order: 19" Alstadt IVs, 225/35ZR19 Nitto 555s, Apex'i V-AFC.

Nate's ride
------------------
"Every man dies, not every man lives."
Old 03-20-2001, 11:10 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only bought, let's see...
18X8 DAZZ MATIZ with 225/40/18 Toyo Proxes
Comptech Headers, Spring, Sways
Inspire Tails and Steering Wheel

Plus, he informed me of any delays, etc. Checked on me to see how I liked the stuff, how well it was performing, etc...need I say more? I wish Tim sold BMW parts
Old 03-20-2001, 11:53 PM

I plan on getting H&R OE springs for my Accord pretty soon from Tim I wish he would carry Grillcraft stuff, even HID kits!
Old 03-21-2001, 12:35 AM
Burning Brakes

With Tim it doesn't matter if you are spending thousands of $$$$ at his site or just need advice he is always there to help you out. He is hardworking and really cares about taking care of us his family the cl/tl owners. Everyone should be indebted to him greatly.
Old 03-21-2001, 12:40 AM
Pro

THANKS TIM!!!!!
I wasnt going to even mod my TL, but after checking out his site (this one!!!) and reading all the posts, I emailed Tim like multiple questions about different mods, and he answered everyone almost immediately. I think about it now and realize that he must have gotten those same questions a million times and yet he responded to EVERY email inquiry I sent. I finally bought my Inspire Tails and Inspire switch (which I seemed to have misplaced...aaarrrrgghhhh!!) and continue to look at new stuff I can get from him. Tim (and www.autocarparts.com ) is the BEST online retailer I have ever worked with and I will only by my TL stuff from him! Now that he has other stuff too...

------------------
1999 Satin Silver TL Dunlop SP9000 215-45/17-mounted on CL-S 17" Rims
H&R Springs-Axiss MetalMasterPads-Crossdrilled Rotors
-Inspire Tailights-20/30/40 tint

MY2000 S2000 Honda Roadster
- Mingster Aeroscreen, Smokin Front mesh Grill, Clear Sidemarkers...
Old 03-21-2001, 02:01 AM
Safety Car

Ya, he answers a lot of the same questions over and over. Please don't ask him what fogs fit the Acura TL!!! Its hard for him to not commit suicide evertime he hears that!
Old 03-21-2001, 08:06 AM
Racer

So far I have bought Inspire Tails and a Wings West Spoiler from Tim. The Tails came after two weeks, much faster than the 4-6 weeks that I was told originally! However, Tim was having trouble getting my spoiler to me so he called his distributor and had the spoiler Drop Shipped to me Second Day on his dime. Despite the delay, Tim did a great job of being upfront and honest with me through the entire process.

Kudos to Tim!

------------------
2001, Satin Silver TL w/ Nav.
Factory Bodykit
Comptech Headers
Comptech Exhaust
Short Ram Intake
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Inspire Tails
Wings West Spoiler (waiting to be painted)
CLS Rims on the way
Old 03-21-2001, 09:03 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

I feel very comfortable ordering from Tim. Customer service is excellent. Although some parts are understandably difficult to get and can take a long time, I feel assured that I will receive them.

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 12:41 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

I've only ordered the wood kit and inspire switch from Tim. My only compliant is that it comes faster than estimated I can never intercept it fast enough to keep my girlfriend from seeing it!

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit...
Quiets ride
Old 03-21-2001, 07:32 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

If snook sold kids, I'd buy my first born from him!

He goes out of his way to provide you with great customer service if there is ever a problem with your order, even when you don't ask for it!

His online store is second to none!
Old 03-21-2001, 08:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

Tim is a great businessman! I ordered Inspire lights from Tim back in Jan and when they were delivered one was cracked. I emailed Tim right away and he PROMPTLY responded and apologized for it (even though it wasnt his fault). He sent me out a BRAND NEW SET right away without me sending the broken one back yet. NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Tell me where else online are you going to get that kind of service?
I have also ordered the Inspire fog light switch and most recently Comptech springs. Tim has been a pleasure to work with.

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
  • Comptech springs (on order)
  • Inspire tailights
  • Weapon-R hyper intake
  • Burlwood shift knob
  • Razo carbon fiber pedals
  • Inspire fog light switch (no fogs yet)
Old 03-21-2001, 09:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Cool

I ordered the AEM CAI and a spoiler last friday night... It still hasnt come in!!! Buying was no problem but getting is a different story ...

S.Holla ...
Old 03-21-2001, 09:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Never purchased anything from Tim but thanks for the web site!!!!!!!

Lots of Great Improvements since I was a member!!!

------------------
99"Navi-Heather Mist with PIAA 1000 Platnium Series,Pioneer 12Disc,Soon to Come Body Kits, Inspire Tails and Navi/Video Screen..Hopefully$$$