Is Eibach Pro Kit too low for TL?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 12:11 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Is Eibach Pro Kit too low for TL?

Most performance shops i went to recommend using Eibach Pro Kit springs over other brands. Anyone using the eiback pro kit set up on their TL please share some inputs. BTW. I do have 18" wheels and OEM body kit, so will this be any kind of pavement, speed bumps rubs with using the EPK springs? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 18X8 +45 offset wheels, dropped w/ a pro kit, i rub pretty good on hard turns, mostly in the back, but i also have a relativly heavy system. I like the drop of my prokit i liek that it is a lil lower in the back, looks really good while its moving in my opinion, my fender looks like its right on the tire....I did cut the tab BTW. But all in all i thinkt they are great spring, and if u want a little lower drop i would def say they are the way to go.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Burning Brakes

I have the ProKit with 18x8 with 235/40/18's. A mild amount of trimming was needed on the plastic part of the fenderwell. No big deal. Here is what it looks like. I like the ride.

prokit drop
Old 06-27-2002, 08:20 PM
Racer

I don't know why those shops recommended eiback pro-kits...I know from first hand experience that the pro-kit's have problems with sagging in the back; the springs tend to start sagging after a few months of being installed..Also, the eibach's lower the car tooooooo much, putting your camber in the back way out of spec, requiring the purchase of a camber kit. Go with H&R sports, perfect drop, perfect price, perfect look, perfect ride, what else is there to say. There are plenty of pictures of cars on this site that have the H&R's, so take a look for yourself, you won't be disappointed.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:08 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TopGum
I have the ProKit with 18x8 with 235/40/18's. A mild amount of trimming was needed on the plastic part of the fenderwell. No big deal. Here is what it looks like. I like the ride.
That set up looks very good on your car! The only problem is i have the OEM body kit. So this might be too low for my car.

FLAcuraTLS
I don't know why those shops recommended eiback pro-kits...I know from first hand experience that the pro-kit's have problems with sagging in the back; the springs tend to start sagging after a few months of being installed..Also, the eibach's lower the car tooooooo much, putting your camber in the back way out of spec, requiring the purchase of a camber kit. Go with H&R sports, perfect drop, perfect price, perfect look, perfect ride, what else is there to say. There are plenty of pictures of cars on this site that have the H&R's, so take a look for yourself, you won't be disappointed.
I guess they don't know that our TL is havier than BMW and Accords

I heard good things a bout H&R sports. But some say its too stiff. I want the car lower, but still have that luxury stock ride as well. How about H&R OE?