Early model Porsche goes DOWN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 09:35 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Early model Porsche goes DOWN!!!

OMG, I am still pumped right now! I just got in from racing with an early model Porsche Carrera (early 90s). Let me set this up for you guys. For all the people living in my area, the race was on New Road. For all the other people, it is a 4 lane road (2 going, 2 coming) and it is always deserted at night. Here it is:

I was with my wife and we were coming home from going to White Castle (wife had a craving ). I was stopped at a light. I was on the right with a car to my left and the Porsche behind the other car in the left lane. So I was just minding my business when this a$$hole in the Porsche decided to cut me off. How the fcvk did he not see me with my bright a$$ 6000K?! Anyways, I was hesitant because my wife was in the car and that **** took off. Before I can react, he already had a 1 car length head start. I didn't even get a chance to put it in SS so I just stomped on the gas. Surprisingly, I was steadily pulling him in. When I passed him by 1 car length, I was going ~ 130 mph and my wife was freaking out (in a good way :p ). As I passed him, I looked over and he had that "PRICELESS" look on his face like how the hell did a family sedan beat me in my mighty Porsche. I would've kept going but the road was merging into one lane so I slowed down.

IMO, I believed my comptech headers really helped out a lot since I was pushing triple digit speed. Oh, and the sound of my AEM CAI is music to my ears.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Nice kill ! ! !

I just installed an AEM CAI today - the hissing is bearable - the roar will getting used to... (in a good way!)

Quick question:
when you installed your CAI - what did you do with the two hoses that went through the OEM air box? (if later models have the same air intake system - your input is welcome)

It looks like they one hose is feeding (green fluid) through the air box and the other is taking in the fluid.

So- I currently have the hoses connected without the air box.
Is this a good idea? What did you all do?

thanks! AKI's TL '99

AEM CAI w/bypass valve
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Racing Hart Evo's C2s w. Yokohama ES100 235/40/18
*on order*
Tokiko Illuminas
Suspension technique anti-sways
Old 09-29-2002, 07:05 AM
Instructor

Hey BlackShadow,

First things first, NICE RACE!!!

Now onto important things. I also live in the area (Rockaway Twshp), but don't know where the White Castle is. This is important because my wife too has the sliders addiction (once made me go into manhattan for them). Any help would be appreciated!!!

BTW. Did I mention NICE RACE!!!!

-Devnull
Old 09-30-2002, 10:00 AM
Racer

I am saving up for a cold air intake. My goal was the injen 1 piece CAI, but everyone seems to have the AEM? Which ons is better?
Old 09-30-2002, 11:36 AM
Banned

they are both pretty much the same. some people will say the aem is better and some will say the injen is better. the injen is a bit cheaper.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:04 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice Kill BlackShadow -

But technically isn't the Porsche faster.

I'm being sarcastic because some people think a faster car will win all the time.

BTW - I beat one too, a mid 90's model, so I believe.

RUF
Old 09-30-2002, 06:53 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Ruf87
Nice Kill BlackShadow -

But technically isn't the Porsche faster.

I'm being sarcastic because some people think a faster car will win all the time.

BTW - I beat one too, a mid 90's model, so I believe.

RUF
Thanks RUF! I know I can count on you. I think you love racing more than I do and that is a lot!

People don't realize nowadays that even a regular family sedan like ours can beat a lot of the older so-called "sport or muscle cars" of yesteryear.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

NICE!
Old 10-01-2002, 11:03 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by BlackShadow

People don't realize nowadays that even a regular family sedan like ours can beat a lot of the older so-called "sport or muscle cars" of yesteryear.
It really is amazing how fast new cars are compared to the old muscle cars. Don't missunderstand, I love old muscle cars. Especially the mid-60s thru early 70s.

Lots of HP and Torque, but not very good at getting it to the ground. Back then only the fastest ones would beat the Type-S models. And only a very few could match its top end.

BTW - I just sold my 64 SS Malibu after having it for 25 years. I guess I'm going to put some more in my TLS and maybe get another muscle car some day.

I think I'll clean up (port) the intake and put in an Ice Box and sways. I took a look inside one day after removing the airbox and there are a lot of lips and stuff to clean up. Not much HP gain, but with an Ice Box I'm hoping for 10-15hp.

I wish RES would have panned out, it sounded like the perfect mod.

RUF