DWI as a minor, open containers, reckless driving, 110 in a 50

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001, 05:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post DWI as a minor, open containers, reckless driving, 110 in a 50

Friday night, hotel party at the Sheraton. Meet up with the homies at the house, down 2 drinks (gin and pinapple/orange juice). Get in the ride, stop by the deli to grab some beer, and smash downtown. Going down highway 99 and decide to see how the new sways and springs handle the curves on the viaduct at 110 (speed limit is 50). Handles fine but as I slow down to take the Seneca exit (a 15 MPH corner) I get pulled over by a police suburban.

He tells me to get out of the car and show him my license and info. He takes it to his car, comes back and says that he's not going to give me a ticket but he's going to chew my ass. Mid ass chewing he smells gin and asks if I've been drinking. I kept it real and told him we were all drunk.

Since he told me he wouldn't give me a ticket before he smelled liquor, he said he was going to keep his word. WHEW!! Called my sister to come drive my car and everything was cool.

He could've really ruined my life... he didn't know that everyone in the car was carrying beers, one of which was opened (I found out later ) and the half gallon of gin was open too. I would've gone to jail, gotten thousands of dollars in fines, insurance rates would've skyrocketed... I'm just glad he trusted I could learn my lesson without all that.

So the moral of the story - don't drink and drive.

------------------
2001 Silver TL, non-navi, Inspire tails & wood steering wheel, burlwood dash kits & shift knob, Alumapro BP-10 & ZX400TI Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), factory spoiler & body kit, AEM short ram intake, blue alarm LEDs, Mugen grill, Comptech sways & springs.

On order: 19" Alstadt IVs, 225/35ZR19 Nitto 555s, SuperCrystal lugs.

Nate's ride
------------------
"Every man dies, not every man lives."

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Nate on March 04, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-04-2001, 06:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Stupid Stupid Stupid.. I'm very disappointed in you dude..
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 03-04-2001, 06:31 AM
Safety Car

Ya, well, live and learn. No doubt it was a stupid thing to do, especially over the alcohol limit (though I was by no means drunk).

I realize he broke the law by letting me go - DWI is a mandatory arrest and the car gets impounded. Best believe I realize how fvcked up my life would've been if he hadn't. You already know I can barely afford my car as it is, with the fines and insurance I don't know if I could swing it. No idea what I would do then. =Z

Just wanted share my wake up call. Its easy to forget how easy it is to screw things up.

No need for name calling.

"In my race against time I, can't stop
Runnin through the red light, livin my life
Even if I'm gettin too hot
I'm'a keep runnin through the red light, livin my life" -Ja

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Nate on March 04, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-04-2001, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Nate:
Ya, well, live and learn. No doubt it was a stupid thing to do, especially over the alcohol limit (though I was by no means drunk).

I realize he broke the law by letting me go - DWI is a mandatory arrest and the car gets impounded. Best believe I realize how fvcked up my life would've been if he hadn't. You already know I can barely afford my car as it is, with the fines and insurance I don't know if I could swing it. No idea what I would do then. =Z

Just wanted share my wake up call. Its easy to forget how easy it is to screw things up.

No need for name calling.

"In my race against time I, can't stop
Runnin through the red light, livin my life
Even if I'm gettin too hot
I'm'a keep runnin through the red light, livin my life" -Ja

I agree with Shoof, very stupid. But we all do stupid things in life. If you've learned from your mistake, then you've done good. Just don't do it again. It's great to party and have a good time, that's why there's designated drivers. Of all the DUI fatality accidents I've worked the DUI driver survives. Ironic isn't it?

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 03-04-2001, 09:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Drinking and Driving is bad as it is.

But doing it in your TL?! You should be shot!

Glad you're safe. Stay that way.

------------------

1999 Firepepper Red
Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/
30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs (not installed yet)

More Pics
Old 03-04-2001, 09:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

that was quite stupid...but i'm glad that you nor anyone else died. Live and learn...

------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram
Old 03-04-2001, 09:35 AM
Racer

you i cant understand why people think drinking is so much fun.. i mean it has been at least 10 years since i think i have ever bought a case of beer. i dont keep any booze in my house. neither me or my wife drink we just don't enjoy being buzzed and we don't like the taste of beer. it always amazes me when you go to a public place such as a baseball game or concert and 99% of the people there have a beer in hand. WHY?? what is the big deal about it? ive been drunk and i thought it felt so stupid why not just have a coke? why does it always have to be alchohol? do people think their friends will think they are pussies if they dont drink and be cool?

Well glad you got off but i hope you learned your lesson. at least i will never have to worry about a DWI because I DONT DRINK! AT ALL!

------------------
formerly 98 prelude type SH

Currently 2001 Acura 3.2 TL With Navigation Black/Ebony

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by preludeshfan on March 04, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-04-2001, 12:52 PM
Drifting

"Human Beings Learn From Mistakes"

ditto with Ed

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 03-04-2001, 01:09 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you suck Nate!!! now forget about the second TL meet! LOL j/k man...

------------------

2000 Metalic Silver TL
Comptech springs
AEM Short Ram
Polarg M-12 Side signals
Bra - XPEL clear bra, that is.
Pikkachu on the back passenger window
Old 03-04-2001, 03:10 PM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

Cool

I like to hear stories like that where the cop is a compassionate human being.

I am sure many of us went through a stage in life where really awful things could have happened to us as a result of stupidity and the false sense of indestructability that seems to go with it. I did. I feel fortunate to have survived without catastrophic consequences until wise enough to know better.

One thing that helped was hearing about how much it sucks to get a DUI/DWI from friends. . . but having to be driven home by your Sister probably wasn't your greatest moment either. Consider it a considerate cosmic warning.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Water Rabbit on March 04, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-04-2001, 03:18 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
All I can say is "never drink and drive again!" Never, ever...
Old 03-04-2001, 03:20 PM
Pro

Now you tell me how the hellz you get off of that and i get written up for a no front plate ticket???
Old 03-04-2001, 03:26 PM
Pro

Exclamation

You are very lucky! That officer was a blessing, most of us would at least towed the car and made you find another means to get home. More times than not it takes something like this to happen before you realize how much danger and trouble you could have gotten in. Glad it opened your eyes.

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit...
Quiets ride
Old 03-04-2001, 05:27 PM
Racer

Question

Don't you guys mean DUI? What's DWI??
Old 03-04-2001, 05:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Prez808:
Don't you guys mean DUI? What's DWI??
Driving While Intoxicated, same thing as DUI, but different terminology for some states. It's DWI here in Texas, too.

As for the rest of the story - I'm not sure that cop did anyone a service by letting you go, but whatever...

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, wood and Whistler
Old 03-04-2001, 06:14 PM
Pro

DUI: Driving Under the Influence. It's usually given when some one has taken too many prescription drugs, narcotics or something of that nature. It's basicly a catch all, If a person does not fall into DWI which is Alcohol related.

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit...
Quiets ride

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by QUIETSTORMMVN_IN on March 04, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-04-2001, 06:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down

Hey, it's dumb as hell but at least he liked your car ... That's the only way he would have let you go home playboy... Man, y'all think this $hit is dumb, try runnin' away from tha cops... I got my lix for that on here and havin to live with a guilty consciousness ...
Shyne--TL's save asses everyday, my niggay ...
Old 03-04-2001, 07:07 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, you are one lucky son-of-b***h!

ALCOHOL + CAR = DEATH

Do all of us a favor and learn from this. This is no laughing matter because people get killed everyday by drunk drivers.
Old 03-04-2001, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Be careful bro. It's not worth killing yourself, or worse, killing an innocent little child. Keep it real out ther on the road. You're a lucky bastard.

------------------
*2000 Acura 3.2 TL
*Nighthawk Black Pearl
*35% tint all around
*Interior black light and piaa superbright door lights
*More mods to come!!
Old 03-04-2001, 09:06 PM
Daddy

This is OT if I have ever seen one. MODS!

------------------
'00 Firepepper Red TL
Old 03-04-2001, 10:37 PM

Dude you are mad lucky.. But please dont drink and drive again. My good friend lost his mom to a drunk driver and the ironic part as someone else mentioned. The driver lived. It happens all too often that the driver lives.. walks away at times.. and sometimes doesnt even realize what he has done. Just be safe and I hope you learned your lesson..
As for DUI and DWI.. in the northeast I actually believe that it is different severities of being intoxicated. If your Blood Alcohol Level (BAL) is between a certain level you can get a DUI... if you are legally drunk, BAL over .10 or .08 in some states then it is a DWI cause you are full blown intoxicated according to the law.. Would appreciate feedback on this matter though.. I am not sure if I am 100 percent right. Where are all the lawyer TL owners??? or did they opt for those German cars that have to be parked in their driveways during the snow????

Old 03-04-2001, 10:48 PM
Pro

Moved to OT