Dose anybody know what Dynomat is?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 02:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dose anybody know what Dynomat is?

I went to the Acura Dealer yesterday and I asked them what I could do to stop making my trunk rattle when the bass hits. He said to put Dynomat on the top of the trunk. I am geussing it is some sort of Insulation or something. When I put some weight on the trunk it stops ratteling so I dont know what that is gonna do. Anyways if anybody has any info on this or any suggestions just let me know. Thanx!

------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL Satin Silver.
Old 12-30-2000, 02:47 AM
Advanced

Smile

Hi! the dynomate is a kind of mate that help your car the get rid of road noise and vibrates from your car. I have it all over my car and it make my car a lot quieter than before.

------------------
2000TL non-navi black w/WWkits/ WW flash mount wings/Ground control coil overs/$10,000 stero systems/racing heart 18" T5/momo milleuium sterring wheels/indiglo signs/razo shift nob/Comptech sway bar/more comming soon.
Old 12-30-2000, 03:51 AM
Burning Brakes

It absorbs vibrations (sound(, and is used for high-end audio installs. There's a similar material onderneath many body panels already, but more couldn't hurt.

It's also really heavy; I read a stat that the TL came with something loke 70lbs of sound-deadening material already in it. Buy a couple of sheets and you'll see what I mean. Note that the Integra Type-R has excluded the use of the stuff to save weight...

Oh, yeah - it's also not cheap. I know that crutchfield used to sell it, and probably StreetEffectz (a member here) can get it for you, too.

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, burlwood shift, Whistler 6-band
'88 White RX-7 Convertible
-Permanent tinitus courtesy of Rockford-Fosgate
Old 12-30-2000, 03:55 AM
Burning Brakes

I have it on my trunk and now i think i have to adjust the springs like i've installed a spoiler....
Old 12-30-2000, 04:06 AM
Pro

when you say really heavy... how heavy is that... enough to make my comptech springs into eibach lol... i want a bigger drop in the rear... would that do it?
how much is it... btw... is it beneficial for those of us w/no system?
Old 12-30-2000, 04:43 AM
Safety Car

Might try adjusting the rubber stoppers in your trunk that hit when it closes. You can screw them out so the trunk is harder to close I think.

Also, take out the 4 plastic screw things and pop off the plastic piece they were holding on. See that little loop the trunk latch uses? Loosen the bolts and adjust it as far down as possible. Tighten bolts back up (duh ). This will make the trunk stay closed tight, and again, possibly harder to close.

I did that to mine but I have a spoiler so I'm pretty much screwed. Nothing short of a 3rd post in the center of my spoiler will fix the rattle.

------------------
2001 Silver TL, non-navi, Alumapro BP-10, ZX400TI Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), burlwood dash kit & shift knob, factory spoiler & body kit, Inspire tails, Polarg M-12 front signals, super bright blue alarm LEDs, Mugen grill w/ custom mesh.
------------------
"Every man dies, not every man lives."
Old 12-30-2000, 07:15 AM
Drifting

I had 5 rolls of dynamat in my Talon TSi AWD. I actually used the Rockford Fosgate brand, but it's the same thing. I also had 2 cans of the spray type to get into the little corners and crevices that you want to deaden. It works REALLY well and because I was in SPL competition, I needed it. If you have a lot of bass in your system, every time you hear a rattle, that means you are losing SPL because the pressure is being wasted moving the part that's rattling. I think that's the easiest way to explain it. BTW, in case anyone cares, by Talon (my daily driver) hit 155.8db.
Old 12-30-2000, 07:17 AM
Drifting

oh, I also found throughout the hears and many different systems/cars that a lot of the rattle comes from license plate. I used to have 2 layers of Dynamat stuck to the plate and found that having a deadened heavier plate helped a lot.