Don't mean to beat a dead horse...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 08:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mean to beat a dead horse...

but I just thought I would update those who are waiting for trannies like me!!

I spoke with my dealer and he says he had a rep from Acura in to give him an update on the tranny issue. It seems acura is releasing 40 trannies from the assembly line and shipping them to dealers across the country! My dealer says I'm number 5 on the list, although I have no clue how he knows this!!

Anyway, I just wanted to give some of guys some hope!! It's been almost 5 weeks for me. I could sure use some a boost!!
Old 12-19-2001, 01:04 AM
Drifting

This might be a dumb question, but in your sig you say you have ebony parchment interior. I don't quite understand. You have a satin silver TL, so I would assume you have ebony interior not parchment, correct?

Glad to hear the tranny is on the way. Hopefully things will get resolved quickly.
Old 12-19-2001, 01:06 AM
10th Gear

Finally getting my car back tomorrow, after almost 6 weeks. I guess the trannys did come in.
Old 12-19-2001, 01:09 AM
Racer

O sh!!!!!!t 5 weeks wtf? Please don't tell me my dealer is talking out of there ass. O man. I want my car back for new years.

Mr.T
Old 12-19-2001, 01:11 AM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's some boost, Lemon Law that sh!t. 5 weeks is ridiculous considering the sh1t comes from OH. I mean, it's not like it's coming from Japan, right? Plus, no one should be out of their car due to manuf. f@ck ups for 5 weeks.

There's your motivation. Good Luck!
Old 12-19-2001, 07:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SoundSpeed
This might be a dumb question, but in your sig you say you have ebony parchment interior. I don't quite understand. You have a satin silver TL, so I would assume you have ebony interior not parchment, correct?

Glad to hear the tranny is on the way. Hopefully things will get resolved quickly.

That's what happens when you don't do things yourself!! I must be retarded. I let a friend at work create the sig for me and I completely missed that!! Imagine my embarrasment!!
It should definitely be ebony!! Can't trust anyone!!
Old 12-19-2001, 07:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by AC
Here's some boost, Lemon Law that sh!t. 5 weeks is ridiculous considering the sh1t comes from OH. I mean, it's not like it's coming from Japan, right? Plus, no one should be out of their car due to manuf. f@ck ups for 5 weeks.

There's your motivation. Good Luck!
Unfortunately here in NY you can use the lemon law just like that!! I researched it. They dealer has to fix the same problem at least 4 times before I can consider it!! There are other logistics to it!! Lemon law is not even an option right now!!
Old 12-19-2001, 10:04 AM
Advanced

Lemon Law

Here in Florida the lemon law goes into effect if one of the two following circumstances occur 1) 3 attempts to fix the same problem fails, or 2) car with malfunction is in shop over 30 days. Both of which has to occur within 24 months of buying the car. You must understand that in order for the lemon law to be active it is up to you (the car buyer) to initiate the paperwork and bring the law their attention. The dealer will not mention anything about it.

Having said that, I should be gettting a new TL-S by next Thursday if my tranny doesn't come in by then. It has been in the shop for about 3 weeks. The service manager said I'm 44th on the "list." Whatever that means I dunno.
Old 12-19-2001, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Exclamation

Originally posted by rmarin2

Unfortunately here in NY you can use the lemon law just like that!! I researched it. They dealer has to fix the same problem at least 4 times before I can consider it!! There are other logistics to it!! Lemon law is not even an option right now!!
I don't think that's entirely true.....
http://www.nationallemonlawcenter.com/

In NY, it looks like they have 27 days to fix it (7 days originally, then 20 days after that if problems arise, like a backorder issue) and the problem only needs to happen once. At that point they'll either give you a new car, or buy it back plus fees (registration, interest, etc) minus mileage for the first 2 years or 18k miles..... good to know.....

Not sure how many miles you've got, but if it's under 18k, you should be golden....
Old 12-19-2001, 04:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by juniorbean

I don't think that's entirely true.....
http://www.nationallemonlawcenter.com/

In NY, it looks like they have 27 days to fix it (7 days originally, then 20 days after that if problems arise, like a backorder issue) and the problem only needs to happen once. At that point they'll either give you a new car, or buy it back plus fees (registration, interest, etc) minus mileage for the first 2 years or 18k miles..... good to know.....

Not sure how many miles you've got, but if it's under 18k, you should be golden....
That's a cool website. Thanks for the link. Although based on what is says for NY I think you missed something!!

"If, within the period specified in subdivision (b) of this section, the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers are unable to repair or correct any defect or condition which substantially impairs the value of the motor vehicle to the consumer after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer, at the option of the consumer, shall replace the motor vehicle with a comparable motor vehicle, or accept return of the vehicle from the consumer and refund to the consumer the full purchase price or, if applicable, the lease price and any trade-in allowance plus fees and charges."

Basically translates to what I mentioned before!!
Old 12-19-2001, 04:41 PM
Racer

Thxs for the site it was very informative

Mr.T
Old 12-19-2001, 04:43 PM
Instructor

I just got my car back with a new tranny. That was after 45 days at the dealer. Glad to say, everything seems to be running great (knock on fake wood). Even with the tranny problem, I still love my TL-S. I'm so happy to have my baby back!

Good luck on yours.
Old 12-19-2001, 04:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Smelly
I just got my car back with a new tranny. That was after 45 days at the dealer. Glad to say, everything seems to be running great (knock on fake wood). Even with the tranny problem, I still love my TL-S. I'm so happy to have my baby back!

Good luck on yours.
Does the tranny need to be broken in? I thought you break in a new car because the block is new and needs to get use to your driving style slowly. Does the same apply to a new tranny?!
Old 12-19-2001, 07:40 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by rmarin2

Does the tranny need to be broken in? I thought you break in a new car because the block is new and needs to get use to your driving style slowly. Does the same apply to a new tranny?!
Well, my service manager said that it does not need to be broken in, as long as the engine has finished the break in. However, he did not seem too confident with his explanation, so I will take it easy for the next couple hundred miles. Better safe than sorry.
Old 12-23-2001, 05:59 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally think Acura is playing all you "tranny problem" people. This is fooken ridiculous. It's not your fault they don't have enough trannies to go around and make you like #44 on the list... that's BS!
Old 12-23-2001, 09:30 PM

Thumbs down

Maybe I am just old-fashioned but there is NO WAY IN HELL, I am buying a new car and the tranny goes out and I am happy about ANY RESOLUTION besides getting rid of the POS. This is nuts. 2, 3 trannies, no way in hell, I have no time or patience for machines that DO NOT WORK AS INTENDED.
Old 12-24-2001, 09:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Maybe I am just old-fashioned but there is NO WAY IN HELL, I am buying a new car and the tranny goes out and I am happy about ANY RESOLUTION besides getting rid of the POS. This is nuts. 2, 3 trannies, no way in hell, I have no time or patience for machines that DO NOT WORK AS INTENDED.
I agree, but nothing in this world is perfect!! You gotta bend a little.
Old 12-24-2001, 11:38 AM
Instructor

I took delivery on Saturday. I didn't see this thread the last time I checked in. I hope this isn't a chronic problem. Oy! BTW my sticker says the tranny is from Japan. Does that explain (but not exuse) the delay in replacement? Also, are the dealers providing loaners for this obvious problem child?
I took my new baby on a 120 mile loop around LA yesterday to start the break in. Wow!
Old 12-24-2001, 11:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by jbs221
I took delivery on Saturday. I didn't see this thread the last time I checked in. I hope this isn't a chronic problem. Oy! BTW my sticker says the tranny is from Japan. Does that explain (but not exuse) the delay in replacement? Also, are the dealers providing loaners for this obvious problem child?
I took my new baby on a 120 mile loop around LA yesterday to start the break in. Wow!
Welcome to the board!! I, unfortunately, am not the only one! Many TL-S and CL-S owners have tranny problems. If you do a search for previous threads you'll see this has been discussed very very extensively!!
I definitely received a loaner. I think everyone else has too!!
Old 12-26-2001, 12:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

good luck
Old 12-26-2001, 01:01 AM
Instructor

Thanks. With all the comments on this board, I'm not sure if I made the best choice. But, so far, Me Like!