Does anyone have just the rear part of a body kit installed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 08:42 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone have just the rear part of a body kit installed?

I want a body kit; the problem I see is I would tear it up. But, the rear is still high enough to put the rear part of the kit on it. I wonder how it would look?
I already have to be careful of high speed bumps and driveways since I put springs on the car. Also, when I park, I notice I have about a 1/2 inch of clearance in the front when there is a curb.
If I put a body kit on the front, it would
hit, so I'd have to park with my rear end sticking out of most places and not let my wife or anyone else drive the car.
I use the car to take clients out for business, if I put a body kit on it, I'm afraid it will look a little unprofessional for business.
BTW, I can get each piece of the factoy body kit sold separtely.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by BlackTL2K on May 18, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-18-2001, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Isnt it already unprofessional when you drop your car? I dont see how putting a kit on will make it worse. If you just have a rear piece on the car it will look weird. Either just put the whole kit on or leave it as is. When you drop your car thats the risk you take, you just need to be more careful when driving and when it comes to speed bumps and curbs you need to drive at an angle.
Old 05-18-2001, 12:40 PM
Ain't No Other...

If anything, I would just put the sides on, like bobatimez did...just putting the back is the worst i think...
Old 05-18-2001, 12:41 PM
Drifting

I agree with everyone on this issue. It's either with or without. Don't just do half (or worse.. just the rear).

I don't know what your profession is. Depending on how conservative your firm is, it might not be a good idea to do the body kit on. For that matter, it might not be a good idea to do any mods. I am an accountant and just by that profession per se calls for conservatism. But I also know the firm can't fire me for what I drive. I too take my clients out to lunches in my car but no one has put up anything so far. All I get are compliments on my car.

I park my car with the butt sticking out hecka lot more than other cars. If I pull in all the way like everyone, I'd totally bust my front kit. So,I know what you mean.... you'd have to drive/park more carefully. And you could have others drive it but make sure that you tell them not to pull in all the way (and that any damage is coming out of THEIR pockets!).

Happy moddin'!

------------------
Y2K SiLVeR TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler
Volk Racing Versus Campionato SS7 18x7.5 52 offset w/ Toyo Proxes FZ4 225/40/18
TL-S Tail light conversion w/ harness
Comptech exhaust (on order)
Comptech Springs
PIAA 1700x w/ Inspire Foglight switch
Polarg M-12 Front turn signals
38% window tint all around
Valentine 1 w/ concealed display
Old 05-18-2001, 01:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

just get the sides and the back part. thats what im going to do.

------------------
Tom

2001 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL

Comptech springs,Comptech drop in filter,Inspire tailights,Piaa super white 001 solitare fogs, Inspire fog switch,Burlwood shift knob,Piaa Xtreme white blinkers,Razo carbon fiber pedals,BEL 870 radar detector, Acura-TL.com sticker
tunes by StreetEffectz (coming soon)
Old 05-18-2001, 02:17 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Chinaman38:
Isnt it already unprofessional when you drop your car?
Actually, the car was made to lower; Acura should have sold the cars this way!. Just the 1.5 and 1.25 drop doesn't make much of a difference. The main thing it did was get rid of the ugly wheel gap. The car in my mind looked much worse with the wheel gap.
But if the car has no ground clearance, that's what makes it a different story. I'll have to look at a TL first hand that has a kit and has been dropped.
Old 05-18-2001, 03:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BlackTL2K:
Actually, the car was made to lower; Acura should have sold the cars this way!. Just the 1.5 and 1.25 drop doesn't make much of a difference. The main thing it did was get rid of the ugly wheel gap. The car in my mind looked much worse with the wheel gap.
But if the car has no ground clearance, that's what makes it a different story. I'll have to look at a TL first hand that has a kit and has been dropped.
BlackTL2K: I guess I got you thinking about the kit. I was reading your post today & your mod list please forgive me. Okay you have the drop with the springs.I did not drop my car or will not. I also don't like the wheel gap this but this is Honda. I agree talk with guys that have the car droped&have the factory kit. But the kit does add to its looks.

Old 05-18-2001, 11:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

id say do all or nothing

i agree with you, the body kit might be a little odd on a business car. id go ahead and do it though

------------------
Follow as i ride
99 Satin Silver
oem kit
ctech exhaust
ctech sways
aem intake
system
Old 05-19-2001, 09:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have the kit with springs and I don't scrape. I just park a few inches from the curb. Plus the front lip has more clearance in the middle than on the sides so you shouldn't have a problem.

------------------

Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs/02 Tails/Altstadt I's on order/Clear AEM CAI on the way!!

More Pics
Moderator Acura-TL.com Tires/Wheels Forum
Old 05-19-2001, 09:38 AM
Racer

Originally posted by NBP TL:
just get the sides and the back part. thats what im going to do.
I may take Tom's advice and wait for him to make his mod to see how it turns out. The sides and rear maybe all I need also.

Old 05-19-2001, 01:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Check in the Gallery, Snook's car only has the side skirts and rear valence. Thats way better than just the side skirts or just the rerar piece which I would think would look horrible.
Old 05-19-2001, 08:56 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by BlackTL2K:
Actually, the car was made to lower; Acura should have sold the cars this way!.
My point exactly. I can say the exact same thing about the body kits! Acura should have sold the car w/ body kits!!
Old 05-20-2001, 12:26 PM
Safety Car

nope would look rotten
Old 05-20-2001, 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Well I agree it would look bad Tommy, but you didnt put the OEm side skirts back on in that pic. The factory kit replaces the stock ones which have to be removed. but thats Snooks car with the side skirts photoshopped out. Check in the gallery for the real pics