Disappointing TL-S I/H/E/P Dyno & Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kdawg8526
i cant find anyone with dynojet here in vancouver canada
Mustang Dyno is more realistic measurement of actual power being put down.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
You can shop around for a dyno that reads higher but it won't mean anything. You'll probably get the numbers you're looking for and that will help you impress others when you tell them your numbers.

You should choose a shop that has a dyno and is competent enough to tune your car and stick with it. If the numbers are in the ball park, that's good enough. When you return with more mods, that's when you focus on the numbers.

A mustang dyno reads low. I don't know why some seem to think otherwise. A dynapack typically reads the highest. Find a shop with one of these if you want to feel better about your car.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
slow tl..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just take it to the track and compare that to others
Old 07-01-2010, 02:34 PM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^ think imma have to do that lemme just get the new manifold on and high flow cat then ill take it to the drag strip.. itll be my first time i probably gonna get a really high time
Old 07-02-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm a thrill seeker in my

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
As long as your car feels as fast as you'd expect it to for the amount of money you've spent on the mods you have then what does it matter how much power you make on the dyno. You know how fast you car "should be" and as long as she throws you back in your seat and puts a grin on your face then you've accomplished what you wanted right?

I wish I could drop as much money on my car as you have. I've spent quite a bit already, but do not have all the bolt ons that you've slapped on. My baby makes me quite happy when I unleash her, so I can only imagine how sick yours is Kdawg.

All the best in your quest for power man
Old 07-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
you never did the egr port cleaning? and need a motor mount and more importantly the valve adjustment
without those being spot on you lose power
Depending on whats happening it will affect air but you have something else going on

If you have access to a scanner and can drive around with it plugged in...

air filter new but how does it flow?

ck O2 sensor resistance, high enough miles for everything else may need a sensor now as well

remove a sparkplug or 2 and see how they look

I was going to say replace the O2 sensor. If you have 100K or more on your car it is not a bad idea to replace the sensor. It will help the car run better, even if it is not specifically bad. With higher mileage cars the sensor can get wear that is not going to cause any specific problems but will drastically rob power and efficiency. The same can be said for spark plugs. The factory recommends a change at 90k or something crazy like that. 30-50k is really more sensible for discerning drivers who want their car to perform optimally at all times!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by speedemon90
Maybe its juts that your car is old and thats why you aren't seeing the numbers you want. I'm taking it you bought it used? How many miles did you have on it when you bought it?

Just because a car is old, does not mean it should not perform as it did new. With proper maintenance there isn't any reason not to expect the best!

You are right on the seafoam. Cleaning the engine periodically will help maintain that "new feel." We polish paint, condition leather...and neglect the engine. The factory encourages us to by recommending the absolute minimum maintenance requirements. This helps them sell new cars because they "cost less to maintain." But in the end, all cars need TLC and us enthusiasts can tell when it is needed. 90% of the population can't. That is why I am developing HT-Spec Improved maintenance schedules for all our favorite Acuras...to bring back that luster our cars had when they were new!