Dealers on board... pro or con?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2000, 02:23 PM

Post Dealers on board... pro or con?

Personally, as I've said in another post, I think we should cut any dealers on this board some slack considering the "inside" info we've gotten on the TL-S release. However, AC had a valid point that these guys are getting what amounts to free advertising to a core demographic. Anybody got opinions about this or does anyone even care?
Old 12-23-2000, 03:58 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think they should get the free advertising, unless these are stand up guys/gals that are not looking to increase there pockets! But are merely here for the love of the CL, TL or any Acura. But ultimately its up to the administrators and moderators.

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit...
Quiets ride
Old 12-24-2000, 12:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It's a gray area. I'd rather see no ads in the forum. However I'll appreciate it if someone works at an Acura dealership shares some ideas with everyone else here.
Old 12-26-2000, 01:54 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a difference between a contributing member who happens to sell cars and a
guest who visit with sole purpose of gaining market exposure or sales.
There is certainly no easy rule to define who's a contributing member.
I don't own or moderate this board. I just want to offer my 2 cents.
Personally, I appreciate information from dealers/sales with knowledge and the following are acceptable behavior that constitutes a contributing member.
1. Speak as yourself, not a representative from your dealership
2. Respond as yourself, not a representative of your drealership
3. Offer only information most members are interested and take other personal messages
else where. I'm sure you can include email in your profile so the members can contact
you if a personal assistance is required.
4. It is absolutely reasonable to gain sales through members who appreciate your
contribution as a member and hope to acquire your assitance in their next purchase. It
would not be ethical for a member to directly advertise for any sales on the board
repeatedly. I'm sure once awhile a member can seek help from others, but posting sales
info all the time isn't fair to other sponsors of this board.

I don't think the administrators of a board like this would ban any sales trying to post
advertising on the board. However, I know as a member, I give them a hard time until
they sign up as a sponsor UNLESS I see them as a long term member of the board.
Old 12-26-2000, 07:57 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with all of you and all have made very good points! So far, what I've read from "dealers" were, I guess subtle. However, they will most likely end up getting a sale due to this forum. Let's face it, this form is more or less becoming the authoritative place for all TL/CL info. Yes, there's the H-A.net, etc. All good forums, but none will give you more info about the TL/CL/MDX than this site if you happen to be someone looking for feedback on these cars. I agree the Admin and Moderators will ultimately decide on this issue, but I still belive that some fees are due if a sale came from this site. Although not many "dealers" will ever admit that the sales came from here. Yes it is a fine line but it's kinda like rent.net, if you need info on apts. (in this case TL/CL/MDX) you got to rent.net to see more info about the apt., how much it would cost, and get feedback about the complex, etc. Shouldn't that principle apply here. Not trying to know any "dealers" but what I'm saying is if you're getting some love due to this site, show some love back!

------------------
2000 TL Taffeta White
Factory Body Kit and Spoiler
18' DAZZ MATIZ
Tenzo 700X Fogs
Custom Mesh Grille
Custom Mesh Bumper Center
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sway Bars
AEM CAI
Greddy CatBack Exhaust