Crank, No start 01 Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frankjnjr
the abnormal "clicking" noise heard in the video of your 02/24/2017 post, sounds very much like a failed bearing in the accessory drive belt tensioner assembly. be sure to check that assembly during your timing belt replacement as the accessory drive belt must be removed in the process. due to the intensity of the noise, failure of the pulley bearing should be, but may not be obvious when spinning the pulley by hand. at 300K, it would be prudent,. in the interest of preventative maintenance, to replace it, since you will be working in that area anyway. Delray OEM Acura parts lists it as part # 31170-P8F-A07 for $107.11. an eBay search of that part number shows item # 281475416235, supposedly OEM, for $17.00 with free shipping (caveat emptor)
i hope thats not what is making my thing skip time never no tell the new kit is put on But i though timing belt kits come with new walter pump Tensiorer cuz the parts all all ready here and i really need my car to get back and fourth from work in morning these eary Bus trips are a killer really dont wanna have to wait another week for the part to get here
Old 03-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Advanced

i would be disapointed lol
Old 04-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Advanced

so i did my job and the timging was off but still didnt start it was a dirty crank session i bout a new one started right up
Old 04-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by frankjnjr
the abnormal "clicking" noise heard in the video of your 02/24/2017 post, sounds very much like a failed bearing in the accessory drive belt tensioner assembly. be sure to check that assembly during your timing belt replacement as the accessory drive belt must be removed in the process. due to the intensity of the noise, failure of the pulley bearing should be, but may not be obvious when spinning the pulley by hand. at 300K, it would be prudent,. in the interest of preventative maintenance, to replace it, since you will be working in that area anyway. Delray OEM Acura parts lists it as part # 31170-P8F-A07 for $107.11. an eBay search of that part number shows item # 281475416235, supposedly OEM, for $17.00 with free shipping (caveat emptor)

Just to be clear. The accessory belt tensioner is not the same as the the timing belt tensioner. If the Idler pulley for the accessory belt is making noise you can replace just that pulley rather than the whole tensioner assembly.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
So you're back on the road? cool.
Did the old timing belt tensioner fail causing the belt to jump a few teeth? what was the condition of the old timing belt?
Old 11-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Iggy
So you're back on the road? cool.
Did the old timing belt tensioner fail causing the belt to jump a few teeth? what was the condition of the old timing belt?
sorry it was so long but the old timeing belt and stuff was new i really didnt need a new timing belt at all the was the bad part so i really dont no what made it jump time but it must of been somthing with the cold starting/failing
Old 11-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Advanced

New new

and also what was a main part of my no start was bad idle control V it was 100$ he was making it hard to start up in the cold
Old 11-23-2017, 07:34 AM
1st Gear

it has sat overnight or a

Originally Posted by Tosh
I watched the video, and at one point it sounds as if the engine catches for a split second, indicating there might be some fuel pressure remaining (and which is why you can smell gas). You might need to get a helper to tap on the Main Relay while you're cranking. Even if that doesn't work, the Main Relay could still be bad (and need the solder joints reflowed), so you need to rule it out first, as a flaky Main Relay is the most common hard start failure.
I don't think you putting the 'wrong gas' in it was the problem. More likely something electrical has shrunken/distorted in the cold....
Tl

So my Acura 03 3.2 TL will randomly not start. Generally if it has been sitting longer than a couple hours I have no problem starting it up. However more often than not if I have been driving then turn my car off and try to remember start it within 30 minutes to an hour then that's when it won't start. If I put in an octane booster or gas treatment or that other one a cleaner into my tank then I can get it started once it starts to cycle through. It acts like it's not getting enough gas. I also had this problem when I was putting non ethanol gas in, but then I switched to premium and no longer HaD the issue. But now it's started again. ADVICE??? 😀