Considering swapping out stock Brakes with something else

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Considering swapping out stock Brakes with something else

hey guys,

so I noticed the link to buy Slotted Rotora rotors on this site for 172 USD, plus you can get the rear slotted ones for 144 bux. With that I would probably put the Axxis Ultimate pads both in the front and back. However the only part I'm undecided on is whether I want to go for slotted and not cross drilled rotors. I wouldn't mind the cross drilled because of the better heat dissapation. I'm looking to pay no more than 500 USD. My personal preference is to have rotora cross drilled all around, and then have axxis ultimate pads at all 4 wheels. With that I would paint my calipers red to make it look like I have the real thing!!!

can anyone here recommended good cross drilled rotors in replacement of the rotora slotted?

thanks
Old 11-05-2003, 10:34 AM
New Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jeff! Well a lot of people here will give you different opinions on cross drilled vice slotted. I can tell you that both are good and it really depends on the actual use (ie. racing at the track on the weekends or just your every now and then race on the street) how well they are going to perform. Both will give you great cooling over the stock and much better stopping power. Don't forget that our ABS was designed to handle a specific amount of force and I understand that if you make this kinds of changes the ABS needs to be recalibrated to extract the max braking power out of the rotors.
Also, you should consult with the manufacturer about pads because as you know with the problem with ours, the pads are a mayor factor in warping the rotors, some pads are designed to give you max contact and still stay cool but if you make the wrong combination you could end up with terrible braking.
I think that rotora also make cross drilled but don't quote me on this. Give them a call and see what combination will work better for what you want. Later man.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by maxx96
Hi Jeff! Well a lot of people here will give you different opinions on cross drilled vice slotted. I can tell you that both are good and it really depends on the actual use (ie. racing at the track on the weekends or just your every now and then race on the street) how well they are going to perform. Both will give you great cooling over the stock and much better stopping power. Don't forget that our ABS was designed to handle a specific amount of force and I understand that if you make this kinds of changes the ABS needs to be recalibrated to extract the max braking power out of the rotors.
Also, you should consult with the manufacturer about pads because as you know with the problem with ours, the pads are a mayor factor in warping the rotors, some pads are designed to give you max contact and still stay cool but if you make the wrong combination you could end up with terrible braking.
I think that rotora also make cross drilled but don't quote me on this. Give them a call and see what combination will work better for what you want. Later man.
thanks a million man. I'm swamped with work this week, but hopefully will get around to contacting them next week. Thanks again Jose. Have a good weekend.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro

Comptech rotors are made by Powerstop and are X-Drilled Rotors. They recommend Axxis Metal Masters with those rotors. Check those out and let me know what you thinkif you get them installed. I have a long way before I replace rotors and pads. 6500miles down about 23500 miles to go.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Banned

i got OEM replacements from Brembo they cost $100 for the fronts and i bought EBC green stuff brakes and they work beautifully.