Comptech Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 11:20 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Married, happy with my new family and kidlets, hating this new job (despite the money) because it isn't what I was led to believe.

Bonus time is coming though and maybe I'll seek employment elsewhere getting back to my slacker ways, modding cars, etc.
I really like the g35 coupe and the Stillen sc is laying over 320whp w/ a warranty. Not a bad deal...
Old 11-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comptech s/c are not even close to being cheap, its a waste of money and you dont really get much increases in hp, save your 5k for other mods
Old 11-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by r10apple
Married, happy with my new family and kidlets, hating this new job (despite the money) because it isn't what I was led to believe.

Bonus time is coming though and maybe I'll seek employment elsewhere getting back to my slacker ways, modding cars, etc.
I really like the g35 coupe and the Stillen sc is laying over 320whp w/ a warranty. Not a bad deal...
Good to hear. I hadn't seen you post in awhile, glad to see your still around. I am trying to get a house now, so no toys for me for the next few months. I'll driving my beater till I can get my TL in the spring. My sister is in the works of SCing her G35 coupe as we speak. She get hers at wholesale since she sells them so that's pretty cool. She is having to get that ugly hood cowl on top so the blower will fit with the hood. I think they should have designed that without having to modify or purchase a new hood. But the supposed hp gains are insane. I can't wait to drive it. Take it easy, I was just saying whatz up!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by em17henry
comptech s/c are not even close to being cheap, its a waste of money and you dont really get much increases in hp, save your 5k for other mods
Where can you get hp for cheap? What is your definition of cheap?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:27 AM
lover and fighter

em17henry:

I haven't been around much lately for you to follow my post history, so please don't be offended when I ask: Are you are a m0r0n?

Comptech = quality
quality > cheap
35more whp will have you seeing someone's rear bumper from 60ft after 1/4mile, more from a roll.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:43 AM
lover and fighter

So, you kicked Cody to the curb? Another man in your life is gone? Should we be watching more Dr. Phil about this?

Anyway, I drove the g35c in Orlando at the Zshop. Stage II, laid 317whp in an '04 6speed. He had slips of 13.4xx w/ some grippy tires and 18" Volks. The car was phenomenally quick and easily could be a low 13 second car.

ps--I would have elected for the whole hood rather than the scoop!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Drifting

So, you kicked Cody to the curb? Another man in your life is gone? Should we be watching more Dr. Phil about this?

Anyway, I drove the g35c in Orlando at the Zshop. Stage II, laid 317whp in an '04 6speed. He had slips of 13.4xx w/ some grippy tires and 18" Volks. The car was phenomenally quick and easily could be a low 13 second car.

ps--I would have elected for the whole hood rather than the scoop!
Yes, Cody had to go. I miss it though, the Integra is definitely just a get around car. Great car, but man, I miss the leather, the controls on the steering wheel, the horsepower, all that good stuff. But I'll be bringing a new baby home soon enough. It's so tempting not to mod the heck out of the beater because everything is so cheap for that car. But I have to keep the new TL in focus and not waste money on this car.

Oh, and I think she will end up getting the whole hood though, looks better and that way people don't know what you got!

What's up? You gonna get the G35 or are you still thinking it over?
Old 11-24-2004, 12:10 PM
lover and fighter

Welp, here's the dealio:

'04 S4 $50k out the door;
'04 CTS-V, $50k out the door w/ 3.9% for 72 months
'05 GTO, $34k out the door w/ 0% for 60 months
used '03-'04 G430 for appx $40-45k
'05 TL and pray the Comptech s/c comes about soon
'05 G35c, 6sp (won't arrive in the Southeast until late December/early January...

The American slugs are just that: Cheesy slugs that haul @$$. Can't beat the GTO for the price and fact $5k in mods would lay 420whp with no issues. It is at least somewhat decent on the inside (thank the Aussies) but is still a cheesebucket nevertheless. The CTS-V can't be beat either with $5k in mods for hauling around 4 people, but it is still so ugly and even worse inside than the GTO. The S4 scares me after 50k miles are up. Audi service in Jacksonville sucks @$$. The TL has the sweetest interior, best features, its styling has finally grown on me, but it is FWD and only the s/c would make it worth my while. $42k invested in it seems like a great deal to me to be another high 13 second, semi-luxury car. The Infiniti if plain sweet, has many readily available mods, is a bargain as far as cost and is RWD. The interior for '05 is finally up to at least my most minimum of standards whereas the older model wasn't.

Probably early February I'll make my change and have to sell my beast...That, or just forget about it and add the s/c and be happy another year or two and see what happens. I still love my TL-S, have a reasonably new tranny and another 28k miles of warranty to play with so who knows...
Old 11-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Drifting

Welp, here's the dealio:

'04 S4 $50k out the door;
'04 CTS-V, $50k out the door w/ 3.9% for 72 months
'05 GTO, $34k out the door w/ 0% for 60 months
used '03-'04 G430 for appx $40-45k
'05 TL and pray the Comptech s/c comes about soon
'05 G35c, 6sp (won't arrive in the Southeast until late December/early January...

The American slugs are just that: Cheesy slugs that haul @$$. Can't beat the GTO for the price and fact $5k in mods would lay 420whp with no issues. It is at least somewhat decent on the inside (thank the Aussies) but is still a cheesebucket nevertheless. The CTS-V can't be beat either with $5k in mods for hauling around 4 people, but it is still so ugly and even worse inside than the GTO. The S4 scares me after 50k miles are up. Audi service in Jacksonville sucks @$$. The TL has the sweetest interior, best features, its styling has finally grown on me, but it is FWD and only the s/c would make it worth my while. $42k invested in it seems like a great deal to me to be another high 13 second, semi-luxury car. The Infiniti if plain sweet, has many readily available mods, is a bargain as far as cost and is RWD. The interior for '05 is finally up to at least my most minimum of standards whereas the older model wasn't.

Probably early February I'll make my change and have to sell my beast...That, or just forget about it and add the s/c and be happy another year or two and see what happens. I still love my TL-S, have a reasonably new tranny and another 28k miles of warranty to play with so who knows...
Dang, I wish my choices were like yours! Awesome! The CTS-V I love, and it's so different. GTO for pure horses is great but just couldn't bring myself to owning one. I think I'd just sit on my 2nd gen. TL, S/C it and drive it till it won't drive anymore. Or atleast till we see if the SH-AWD will be here in 07-08. Nonetheless, you've got some great options. Keep us posted!
Old 11-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by crombie1000
I've considered the S/C myself, but you know for the extra 10 grand in a S/C and beefed up tranny you could sell the TL-S and buy a used M3.......

.......(Waits for flame)....
That's what I told myself and ended up putting down 8k for an '05 Subaru WRX Sti last June.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MoDzHuNgRy
That's what I told myself and ended up putting down 8k for an '05 Subaru WRX Sti last June.

My turn:

But But But!!....who wants to drive a subaru compared to a TL?