CLP Vs. 4.6GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 03:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CLP Vs. 4.6GT

Well, Sat. night at Weshimer(a weekend hang out street in Houston)... Anyway, I lined up with this 96-97 Mustang GT 4.6... I believe thats the slowest GT that they make...
Anyway, we lined up, he was revving like a mofo at the light..... lights goes green, we both gun it.... He was sitting there peeling out... I was gone already... I was leading in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear for about 1 car length... Well, by 105mph, I shut it off, cuz I know if i got into 4th, he will be gone....

This happened 3 times at 3 lights, same thing happened... The closest race was he had a good launch, and we were side by side from 0-20, once VTEC kicks in, I start to jump....

I know i know, V8 are fast, but I guess he doesnt know how to drive? The worse is, he had a girl next to him, and he said, "I'll show you V8 power", I was like "Sure, you suppose to be faster with a V8".... and to our(him, me, his GF) suprise, I won 3 times.... with a CLP, not bad....

I know other GT are way faster, so I aint going to take on them, cuz I know my level of competetors....
Old 09-17-2001, 03:32 PM
Racer

I'm not suprised at all i raced 2 of the exact same car 4.6L GT with the 5 speed and both times i got about 2 cars on them by the time i got to about 75. i also raced a 2000 4.6L GT convertable and it was basically a tie suprised the hell out of me to say the least. but i know either car would take me after i got to 100.

FYI i also found out at the track that by shifting the car starting with the shifter in the automactic gate in 1st gear and then shifting to 2 followed by D3 i was able to knock .4 sec off my 1/4 times verses using the SS mode. only reason i can figure it is because you can stay in 1st longer.
Old 09-17-2001, 06:58 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by preludeshfan
I'm not suprised at all i raced 2 of the exact same car 4.6L GT with the 5 speed and both times i got about 2 cars on them by the time i got to about 75. i also raced a 2000 4.6L GT convertable and it was basically a tie suprised the hell out of me to say the least. but i know either car would take me after i got to 100.

FYI i also found out at the track that by shifting the car starting with the shifter in the automactic gate in 1st gear and then shifting to 2 followed by D3 i was able to knock .4 sec off my 1/4 times verses using the SS mode. only reason i can figure it is because you can stay in 1st longer.
Yes, thats wat i do, whenever I am in serious race.... Cuz if you have it in 1st instead of SS.... once its shifted into 2nd at 6750rpm, it will dropped above VTEC kicks in range which is 4600rpm.... if SS mode, it will dropped to 4250rpm.... So it does make a different....

BUT, i try not to do it too much, cuz you know our tranny, its a total joke.... Do this too much will creat excessive heat inside the tranny, and will cause future damage.... once in a while is no pro, but too much will burn the fluid and stuff....

But, putting into 1st instead will be faster