Clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 09:58 AM
TL 3.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear bra

What's up guys. I think imma repaint the front end of my car over again (when I get the funds) because I have too many damn rock chips. I usually travel up and down from maryland and virginia and the rock chips are just building up. Do anyone here know if they sell clear bras for our cars? 99-2001 tls? I looked it up in ebay but I don't know...... I just can't buy things from there unless I have too. I hate going to car meets with all the damn chips in my paint. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:37 AM
RickRoush03

ya, i researched high and low, talked to many different people that have done it and i came up with xpel by 3m http://www.xpel.com/products/paint.asp as the best one, did it to the roush and i am very happy. there are alot of kits out there, this turned out to be the best of the best from what i was told. just use the find dealer button. shouldn't be too much. if anything, you can get it custom made, i had to for the front facia of the roush
Old 06-07-2006, 12:05 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
you know my only beef about the whole clear bra/xpel thing is that it's UV treated, so when you remove it you will see the color difference after a couple of years, maybe even sooner depending on the climate you live in.

SSTS
Old 06-07-2006, 12:16 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Originally Posted by RickRoush03
ya, i researched high and low, talked to many different people that have done it and i came up with xpel by 3m http://www.xpel.com/products/paint.asp as the best one, did it to the roush and i am very happy. there are alot of kits out there, this turned out to be the best of the best from what i was told. just use the find dealer button. shouldn't be too much. if anything, you can get it custom made, i had to for the front facia of the roush
missed the edit deadline - Rick, did you put this on yourself? i'm thinking about ordering the bumper protector for my car since i'm getting the bumper repainted and doing it myself. doesn't look terribly difficult.

Bob
Old 06-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
From what I've read xpel is the best in terms of finish and it not peeling and having discolorations. Alot of guys on the Audi forum I follow use it as well.

Here's a direct link to the kit they sell 2003 TL-S / TL (for the lazy)
Old 06-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Instructor

the only bra going on my car will be the one I take off before a nail a hottie!
Old 06-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Attorney- Will Sue 4 Food

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cjde2006
the only bra going on my car will be the one I take off before a nail a hottie!
Just so you know, the first time you do this you will need to take off her panties too, that is, if she is wearing any.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
I have seen a lot New auction for clear bra for 99-01 & 02-03 TL
an the price is very low compare to Xpel ,but not sure how good the quality is.
CLear Bra for TL

Hope this may help save some money.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:38 PM
RickRoush03

no i didnt install it myself on the roush b/c they don't make a kit for the front bumpers of a roush. it needed to be hand cut, took them about 4hrs total. now the hood and fenders were precut cuz of stock mustang pieces, took the guy 10min to do that, by the looks of it, i'd attempt it myself but then again it may just be worth it to have a pro do it. don't take it to a dealership though, this guy i had does all the san antonio dealerships, from acura to ferrari, he was telling me the mark ups they charge, ridiculous. anyways, when you look for an installer, get one with as many stars for their ratings. the guy that actually cut the piece on my car worked for xpel designing the kits, watching a dude with a blade cut plastic on your car is scary, but all is good. when i get to san antonio in a few weeks i can take pics if anyone wants to see
Old 06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

no i didnt install it myself on the roush b/c they don't make a kit for the front bumpers of a roush. it needed to be hand cut, took them about 4hrs total. now the hood and fenders were precut cuz of stock mustang pieces, took the guy 10min to do that, by the looks of it, i'd attempt it myself but then again it may just be worth it to have a pro do it. don't take it to a dealership though, this guy i had does all the san antonio dealerships, from acura to ferrari, he was telling me the mark ups they charge, ridiculous. anyways, when you look for an installer, get one with as many stars for their ratings. the guy that actually cut the piece on my car worked for xpel designing the kits, watching a dude with a blade cut plastic on your car is scary, but all is good. when i get to san antonio in a few weeks i can take pics if anyone wants to see
are you going back for good or to visit? i'd be interested in some pictures.

SSTS
Old 06-12-2006, 05:50 PM
RickRoush03

well i am moving to LA tomorrow, but going to see my baby on the way to change the oil etc. but i'll take some close up pics, you can't tell until your are right up on it and even then have to look at an angle and some parts even run your hand over it. it won't be till next week but i'll post up some pics for ya