Check out what my neighbor did!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 09:57 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lawrence,
give him the benefit of the doubt.....when you see him go talk to him the USUAL way and be diplomatic. don't feel bad that he got a bimmer and you have the acura (you don't want to have a neighbor from HELL now) would you?
Old 04-24-2001, 10:23 PM
Advanced

NO RESPECT!

bf
Old 04-24-2001, 10:33 PM
Pro

Cool

Acura over BMW ANY day! There is no comparison. There is no problem with the rear seat of the TL. I am 6'4" and I can fit in the back on the left side after the front seat is adjusted for me.
Old 04-24-2001, 11:20 PM

Again, Steve, your 2c psychology is wrong.

It's really not all that complicated or needful of analysis.

He and I talked for several weeks about cars.
We talk a lot about a lot of things.

He listened to me go back and forth about these two cars. They're both nice cars indeed.

I just can't help but wonder why he never said anything about his interest in buying his car.

Maybe he was embarassed at the fact that he was going to waste so much money!!!
Old 04-25-2001, 03:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
YEAH! After the front seat is adjusted that only a midget would fit.

TL is still a bit small. Whether anyone likes it or not. TL is just not that roomy.

Plus, with the seating position so low, the steering wheel would also get in the way. I admit I am fat. But this would require me to move the driver seat all the way toward the rear. Thus leaving no room for my 5 year old to get out.

Although ES300 is smaller inside, but its higher seating posistion allows more usable room to the rear.

TL is a good value, but let's not over kill it.

------------------
2000-Laguna Gree TL
2001-Solar Yellow IS300
2001-Titanium Silver 530i
Old 04-25-2001, 08:34 AM

He used to come over all the time to borrow stuff(my lawnmower) or just shoot the Bull.

He hasn't come over since Saturday and I know his lawnmower is broken so it'll be interesting to see what he does.
Old 04-25-2001, 08:55 AM
Racer

Just go outside and walk around your new car, checking it out and admiring it. When neighbor comes out, continue checking out your ride and say "Soooomebody got a new car". When he says "Lawrence, thats YOUR new car", say "IT IIIIIIIIIIIIISSSS, ISN'T IT!"
Old 04-25-2001, 09:06 AM
Pro

Talking

Originally posted by Tag66:
Just go outside and walk around your new car, checking it out and admiring it. When neighbor comes out, continue checking out your ride and say "Soooomebody got a new car". When he says "Lawrence, thats YOUR new car", say "IT IIIIIIIIIIIIISSSS, ISN'T IT!"
LMAOF
that's the funniest thing I've read all morning.
Laurence, your neighbor pulled a fast one on you. At the very very least he should have mentioned that he was also looking for a car/bmw, that way you wouldn't be shocked to see one in his driveway. But now what's done is done, be civil with him and time will tell who has the better car. Maybe you'll get a good laugh when he can't fit stuff or people in his car, or when he needs a lift to the dealer b/c his car is being repaired. Whatever you do, don't let him think he has a better car just b/c he paid more $$. He just paid for brand name.

------------------
- Nick, still shopping for an 02, w/ or w/out nav
Old 04-25-2001, 10:28 AM

Tag, you made me laugh.

Old 04-25-2001, 08:47 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Hey Lawrence, I have been in a 3 series BMW and was not impressed. It is way too small for a big guy like me . I would have been impressed if my neighbour came home with a 5 series. Now those are nice. BTW, I have seen one black TL-s and that car is stiking.

ALSO YOUR NIGHBOUR IS EITHER SCUM, OR ALL YOUR DICUSSIONS MADE HIS NEW CAR JUICES FLOWING, just like I feel when I start thinking of getting a new car, like I am now. I am dreaming about that new black TL-S like the one in your driveway.
Old 04-25-2001, 09:05 PM
Pro

Originally posted by BLEXV6:
Hey Lawrence, I have been in a 3 series BMW and was not impressed. It is way too small for a big guy like me . I would have been impressed if my neighbour came home with a 5 series. Now those are nice. BTW, I have seen one black TL-s and that car is stiking.

ALSO YOUR NIGHBOUR IS EITHER SCUM, OR ALL YOUR DICUSSIONS MADE HIS NEW CAR JUICES FLOWING, just like I feel when I start thinking of getting a new car, like I am now. I am dreaming about that new black TL-S like the one in your driveway.

I really have to agree. I've been in 3 series and find them less than "roomy". Perhaps it's image, but BMW isn't the "Sine qua non" of the automotive world, IMHO.
Old 04-26-2001, 12:15 AM
I love my G sedan

If I were you, I would be very very excited to have two new good cars in the neighborhood. May be the reason your neighbor bought a new BMW is that your new TL Type S made him jealous so that he suddenly decide to buy one. Hey, put both cars side by side and take a picture and then show us okay?
Old 04-26-2001, 01:20 AM
Intermediate

Talking

Originally posted by Lawrence:
I fretted for months about whether to get the TL S or the BMW 330i......He never even mentioned to me that he was going to get a car. I can't help but think that he was just waiting for me to make my move all along.

I love my TL S but this just bothers me for some reason.
Deep inside you probably want the 330i but the BMW just doesn't have the VALUE or std. gadgets of the TLS.

If his new 330i ISN'T a manual.....KICK HIS arrogant ass with your new TLS!

Old 04-26-2001, 08:14 AM

"Hey, put both cars side by side and take a
picture and then show us okay?"

Why on earth would I want to do that!!!???
Old 04-26-2001, 09:19 AM
Acura TL-S

"Hey, put both cars side by side and take a
picture and then show us okay?"

Why on earth would I want to do that!!!???
cuz both cars are beautiful, but urs looks better

------------------
'02 Nighthawk TL-S
------------------
Comptech Springs / Comptech Headers
------------------
Alpine CVA-1005 Head Unit / Alpine CDA-7863 CD Player / Alpine G320 EQ / Alpine DVA-5205 DVD / Alpine NVE-N851A Navi / JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way comps for the front powered by a bridged Alpine MRV-F407 amp / Boston Acoustics 5.5 ProSeries 2-Way comps for the rear powered by Alpine MRV-1002 amp / Dual 10" JL Audio W-6 sub powered by Alpine MRV-1005 amp / Two Alpine CHA-1214 CD Changers / 20% Tint all-around

-------------
Pics of my TL and Fun/Crazy Pics
Old 04-27-2001, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Just let him know he's a bigger man than you are for going with his heart and getting the Beemer. Tell him you just couldn't get past the stigma of lower horsepower, cheap mac-strut suspension and driving a sub-compact car. ;-)

Regards
-w
Old 04-27-2001, 02:13 PM

LOL Webologist.

I saw him last night and we talked a bit.

Later that night I pissed in his gas tank.

Old 04-27-2001, 02:18 PM

LOL Webologist.

I saw him last night and we talked a bit.

Later that night I pissed in his gas tank.

that's ****ing hilarious. moron deserves it. he had to have had that thing on order for over a month at least.
Old 04-27-2001, 02:39 PM
Racer

Originally posted by chiawei:
I don't buy that TL-S rear room would be that great either.

My wife is 5'7". And she hated the TL's back seat as being too cramped. I know 3 series is small inside, but TL is not much better.

I wish TL would have more room inside. Even though I am short, but with seats elevated I always moved the front seat all the way back. And this only leave very small leg room for the rear passengers.

Overall, I believe TL would be slightly better if more head, shoulder, and leg room were avalilable.

Also, 5 series is a bigger inside than the TL.
man I dont know what you're smoking, but even my 2 door accord coupe has a bigger rear seat than a 3 series bmw. the tl definitely has a bigger back seat and is more comfortable. and if not for the rear, the front in the 3 is horribly cramped.. much like in the IS300 .. those cars are just uncomofrtable to drive, and i'm only 5'7"

------------------
-Fiddler
ControlGenie Automation Systems
1998 Accord EX V6 Coupe (HomePage)
Old 04-27-2001, 02:45 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I think you guys should talk it out. There is no disrespect if your neighbor purchased a different car, but it was kind of wrong that he didn't mention anything about it. So just work this thing out like grown adults, since you both are.

------------------
2002 Black on Black TL TypeS

Old 04-27-2001, 03:04 PM

Smile

I say you guys need to get in touch with your true feelings. Get together over a nice cold beer (import, of course), give each other a big hug, and say I LOVE YOU MAN!!
Just from a woman's perspective....why do you really care that he drove home a BMW. He's probably sitting at home right now saying, "I can't believe I had to go out and buy this stinkin' car, if only I had made it to the Acura dealer first."
Old 04-27-2001, 04:41 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Hey Gabriel, I thought you were a sensitive guy (my wife says the only sensitive guys are gay), when I first saw your post. I am not used to a female point of view, but I dont think guys can hash out their problems like that. I think Lawrence is going to have to move, for his mental health. Besides, real estate, lawyer and moving fees have to be cheaper than shrink fees.
Old 04-27-2001, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by BLEXV6:
Hey Gabriel, I thought you were a sensitive guy (my wife says the only sensitive guys are gay), when I first saw your post. I am not used to a female point of view, but I dont think guys can hash out their problems like that. I think Lawrence is going to have to move, for his mental health. Besides, real estate, lawyer and moving fees have to be cheaper than shrink fees.
First of all, thank you for allowing a female point of view on this. It must suck being a man if your ego is so wrapped up in what you drive.
Second, what kind of a problem is this to have? Both guys are driving two of the most highly rated cars on the planet and they just happen to be neighbors. Don't worry about the small stuff......enjoy your ride!
Old 04-28-2001, 12:44 AM
Instructor

Wink

Just remember you can not put a price tag on pride! This guy must feel inferior in some way and tried to buy his pride back. I would ask him to race for a $100 bucks to see how confident he is in his choice.

------------------
RHINO928
Old 04-29-2001, 07:54 PM
Instructor

Smile

I hope you drank a good German beer first!!!

Regards
-w
Old 04-29-2001, 09:19 PM
Instructor

Talking

HEY JUST TRADE IN YOU'RE TLTYPE S FOR A BLACK ON BLACK BMW M5 LOL JK.. HEY I HAVE A 2000 BLK ON BLK TL.. AND I HAD A CHOICE TO GET THAT OR THE 2000 328i. i went with the TL. i wish i could get a TLTypE S... I think the TLtype is is better.. PLUS BMW IS PLAYED OUT!!!! LIKE LEXUS GS 400 AND MOST BMWS..!! YOU DID GOOD BUDDY!!!
Old 04-30-2001, 09:11 AM

Oh man, an M3. That would be really funny.

Here's an update:
My wife needed a break so yesterday afternoon, I took my little girl for a ride around town. The sky was blue, the temp was @ 70. There was an unusualy "Crispness" to the air. We just drove around, looked at the boats come in, visited friends, and just enjoyed each others company for an hour or so...
We stopped off at a music shop to look for some CD's. My girl loves this nursery rhyme music so I bought her a really good one.

We got in the car and I loader her CD and drove some more. She was having a blast! I had a goofy grin on my face that only another father can understand.

Anyway, It was a glorious afternoon all in all.

We returned home around 4:30pm. My car being black, was starting to show some serious dirt so I thought it'd be fun to wash it with my little girl. She loves to play with the water and is actually very helpful spraying the car(she's only 2!)

I had the newly purchased CD's playing in the garage. Among them were Dire Straits, Van Morrison and a funky local band that I like...Also included was the Nursery Rhyme CD.

All of a sudden "Mr 330i" comes walking around from the back of his house on a portable phone and makes this "Turn it down" motion with his fingers, like my music was too loud and he couldn't hear!!! At that exact time, the "Icecream" song was playing and my little girl absolutely LOVES that song.

I don't even know how to put into words how I felt. It was as if the rug had been pulled out from under me. I KNOW my music wasn't too loud since I wanted to hear my little girl sing. I purposely kept it low for this reason! She was trying to sing along with the song and it was so cute to see her, in the most uninhibited way, dance and sing.

He had never done anything like this before. Heck, he'd be the one with the music turned up too loud most times but I never cared!

He usually comes over and hangs out while I wash my car. I would do the same when he washed his car.

I don't want to drag on but I'm just so confused about all of this. It's wierd. Wierd wierd wierd!

I'm calling a fence company TODAY!!!!

Old 04-30-2001, 09:22 AM
Pro

Cool

What a nice update (and what a nice father!).
The only possibility I can think of about your neighbor's behavior is that he (a) is a royal pain, or (b) hates the Ice Cream Song. Since no one can hate the Ice Cream Song, my guess is (a).
Fencing seems a pretty good alternative. Don't forget to add the little spike tops for convenient head-mounting. It's usually difficult to add at a later date (the spikes, not the heads).
Old 04-30-2001, 01:27 PM

The situation is so much more complicated that this.

Our children are friends and my little girl is very shy. She really likes his kids. They used to play almost every day.

My wife and I struggle over the shyness thing and really love the fact that she's made friends.

It's been a week and our kids haven't gotten together. My daughter is alone for the most part now since "Mr 330i" bought that car. His kids are very outgoing and have lots of friends. My situation is differnt. It's very difficult.

They've just been really standoffish it seems. I'll do anything for my daughter. He just seems very distant right now so I don't know how to approach the situation so that our kids can get back together. Before, they would call up and ask to play. Now they never call.

I'll just have to give it time I guess.

This is really getting off topic at this point anyway...
Old 04-30-2001, 01:33 PM

Smile

Hey there,

Since it seems like you really would be better off friends, (for your daughter's sake) why don't you approach him like this:

When you see him next, say something like Hey Bob, Nice car! (don't be sarcastic, after all it is a nice car, just like ours are nice cars.)
Why don't you take me for a spin? Then take it from there.

I guess I am just saying if it would be good for your family, suck it in and be the bigger man.

Cheers!
John

------------------
2002 Silver TL Type-S with Navi

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by jnors on April 30, 2001 @ ]</font>

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by jnors on April 30, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 04-30-2001, 01:44 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go and buy your wife the same exact car that he bought. This way you have the best of both world in the driveway LOL. That would piss him off.
Old 04-30-2001, 01:59 PM
Pro

Originally posted by jnors:
Hey there,

Since it seems like you really would be better off friends, (for your daughter's sake) why don't you approach him like this:

When you see him next, say something like Hey Bob, Nice car! (don't be sarcastic, after all it is a nice car, just like ours are nice cars.)
Why don't you take me for a spin? Then take it from there.

I guess I am just saying if it would be good for your family, suck it in and be the bigger man.

Cheers!
John
That is certainly the mature way to go about it. Personally, I agree with John. There is nothing gained (for either of you) by being uncomfortable in each other's presence.

Maybe he rightly feels like he used you. Be the bigger man and go on with life. Get this over with!

Old 04-30-2001, 02:44 PM

John, that is exactly what I had intended to do. It's as if you'd read my mind on this.

I told my wife last week that I was going to go over there and with a sincere approach, simply tell him what a nice car and see where it goes from there.

I don't want to make a federal case of it so I wanted to wait til I saw him outside and then simply "clear the air".

I thought that might happen Sunday evening since I knew he was outside but that darn "Icecream" song was too loud!

Anyway, the approach you recommend is indeed the right one. It's the one I will continue to aim for and hopefully it'll work out.
Old 04-30-2001, 09:13 PM
Advanced

I'm not sure your neighbor is mentally sane.

I'd keep a wide berth.
Old 04-30-2001, 11:05 PM

Thanks Darla.

I love that little dancing bear you have as a sig pic by the way.

Old 04-30-2001, 11:08 PM

Its an arkward situation, but I think its better to forgive your neighbor in the long run then to put up a fence. Thats a sign of war and do not trespass my territory. Think of it, there's a great chance that both of you will always encounter each other, why not just approach him with your feelings and get this straighten out? I think its just unhealthy to have harsh feelings over something like this. I mean there are certain wars you should fight for and this is not one of them.

Like everyone said, you made a great decision and should enjoy your car. Just think about all those w/o a car and drooling over your TL-S or how piss off the people who bought the 2001 TL a month before the TL-S came out (me for one). And since you have a family, the BMW would be too small unless you go with the 5 series. There's no comparison, you need a family car which would be the TL-S.

I think it'll look nice with 2 brand new different cars side by side, unless you have this pride thing that a BMW is way better than your TL-S. Its hard to find neighbors with common interests

-Ivan

------------------
BATTOUSAI!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Silver
Comptech Springs & Swaybars
Old 04-30-2001, 11:50 PM
Pro

Wink

Lawrence, the guy sounds like a jackass. I wouldn't go through the trouble and expense of a fence, from now on you should just ignore him.

example:

Mr Pompous jackass 330: Hey Lawrence, blah blah blah blah..

Lawrence: Yeah, whatever.

------------------
- Nick, still shopping for an 02, w/ or w/out nav
Old 05-01-2001, 06:23 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He bought a Me 2 car. These days I see Tons of the 330's on the road. Hardly any TL's or TLS'. I would just be happy for him. Go over to his house, throw a few coins in the car and go on with your lives as friends. It is only a car. Maybe he didn't know he wanted a car until after you and him began discussing them. Or just ask him why he picked that car over other cars.

Its not worth the trouble over a car. You live next to each other and can you see yourselves being unfriendly neighbors over a car?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by NYDennis1 on May 01, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-01-2001, 10:13 AM

Cool

John, that is exactly what I had intended to do. It's as if you'd read my mind on this.
Best of luck Lawrence!

Cheers!
John

------------------
2002 Silver TL Type-S with Navi

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by jnors on May 01, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-01-2001, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Talking

Lawrence,

I'm sure he just couldn't stand the site of you caressing your TL-S! It's like watching you put suntan lotion on Pam Anderson, while he's stuck with Roseanne Barr...

Regards
-w

Quick Reply: Check out what my neighbor did!!!