Changing rear Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing rear Turn Signals

Ok I picked up some HyperWhite Liteglow Bulbs for the Rear Turn Signals, #1156 or whatever they are, and they wouldn't fit because the 2 lil pieces that stick out on the bottom which are supposed to fit into the slits on the harness Don't Fit.
Did Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-23-2002, 11:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

no, why? because you bought the WRONG bulb!!! Research on what time of bulb is right for your car before buying!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:50 PM
Racer

yeah

yeah I did change my back lights before i got pulled over TWICE for them hyperwhite. All you have to do is cut one of the pegs and file it flat. Then you will be fine. All the bulb need is one peg to rest on. If I were you I wouldnt bother with the hyperwhites. I had no luck with them. THey look cool but YOU aint gonna see them and the people behind you will get PISSED driving behind you. My friends follow me and he had to call me to stop signaling. It attract police too. I think I am gonne RED out my back lights. the yellow is ugly an the white is a ticket attractor so might as well go with RED. It looks sick and original. Just my THOUGHTS and if you are goin with the white lights hope my instructions help.

BG
Old 04-24-2002, 12:34 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Changing rear Turn Signals

Originally posted by SpeedTrance
Ok I picked up some HyperWhite Liteglow Bulbs for the Rear Turn Signals, #1156 or whatever they are, and they wouldn't fit because the 2 lil pieces that stick out on the bottom which are supposed to fit into the slits on the harness Don't Fit.
Did Anyone else have this problem?
That is the right bulb, you could either sand/cut on of the pegs like AZN G RYDE said or just push it in. You won't brake anything if pushed in. They will not lock in, but they won't come out by themself either and still work.

As for bulbs, I like the LED's better. You could get them in many colors and the bulb is always clear.

http://easycarts.net/ecarts/asd/Lighting.html
Old 04-24-2002, 01:08 AM
Pro

Re: Re: Changing rear Turn Signals

Originally posted by Bitium

That is the right bulb, you could either sand/cut on of the pegs like AZN G RYDE said or just push it in. You won't brake anything if pushed in. They will not lock in, but they won't come out by themself either and still work.

As for bulbs, I like the LED's better. You could get them in many colors and the bulb is always clear.

http://easycarts.net/ecarts/asd/Lighting.html
Hey Bitium, I just checked out the link, they only have amber and red. Isn't that also a cop magnet? Would you happen to have pictures of them when they are lit?

axleback
Old 04-24-2002, 12:43 PM
Racer

Exclamation

yea, i had the same problem, but i bought a filer, and shaved the sucker down and it fit perfect. about the superwhites in the turn signals...not worth it. my friend put them in his TL and he got tickets for it. i myself put clear ones in them, there not as yellow as the amber ones, i would say real faded yellow.
anyway, i like the way they look and they don't attract the cops.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:51 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

So, the LED Bulbs are plug-n-use?? I heard that the turn signal speed would be faster because LED has different current and make the turn signals blink at ultra fast speed??

Andy Kuo
Old 04-25-2002, 03:16 AM
Retired MOD

Re: Re: Re: Changing rear Turn Signals

Originally posted by axleback

Hey Bitium, I just checked out the link, they only have amber and red. Isn't that also a cop magnet? Would you happen to have pictures of them when they are lit?

axleback
If you read the note it says: These Bulbs are also available in Blue, Green, and White. Each of these bulbs contains 15 Super-Bright LED's. Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:34 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got a cheap set of 1156 clear bulbs from Autozone, filed one of the pegs down and it fits fine. I haven't had any po-po issues yet (knock on wood) maybe because they are not as bright as the others people have. I still think they look sharp especially on a ABP or SSM TLS. I had to let my gf drive the car (she works next door to the dealership) and we leave at the same time in the morning so I followed and the lights looked pretty good!
Old 04-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Advanced

K, Sounds good. the only other problem is that some people are jus either stupid or ignorant enough to post misinformation

***randomwalk101 no, why? because you bought the WRONG bulb!!! Research on what time of bulb is right for your car before buying!!!***

Real Slick random
Old 04-26-2002, 03:11 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
My hyperwhite bulbs in the rears are really bright....whenever my friends are driving behind me they always can't believe how far away they can see the lights flashing....they definitely compliment the TL-S...especially SSM TL-S's

Oh yea.....you will definitly have to shave down some pegs to put them in...just get a metal file and do it...it takes no time.
Old 05-02-2002, 01:02 PM
Pro

Those with LED rear turning signals, what brand are you using? The Jam Strait ones from http://easycarts.net/ecarts/asd/Lighting.html ? I've heard from a friend that there's a brand called Coolspot. They also make LED turning signals too but I couldn't find any information on it. They also make yellow which is what I want. The funky colors from Jam Strait just aren't my thing. Any idea where I can get the Coolspots?

axleback
Old 05-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Advanced

K, well i took a pair of those heavy duty scissors, cut off one of those lil pegs and popped em in my rear turns.

THEY LOOK HOT

Thanks for the help
Old 05-03-2002, 02:14 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Originally posted by axleback
Those with LED rear turning signals, what brand are you using? The Jam Strait ones from http://easycarts.net/ecarts/asd/Lighting.html ? I've heard from a friend that there's a brand called Coolspot. They also make LED turning signals too but I couldn't find any information on it. They also make yellow which is what I want. The funky colors from Jam Strait just aren't my thing. Any idea where I can get the Coolspots?

axleback
Myself is also looking for LED bulbs, but so far from what I have seen on the road, LEB bulbs is very hard to see in sunlight.... HOWEVER, I found one that, in theory, should be very visible even during sunlight, but the price is so high for light bulbs....

But still go check it out, at http://netdisty.net/ds/aut1157/

Andy Kuo