CD Changer ER-E1 Error Fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 07:42 AM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
Woahh alot of tiny Things to Move or fix Not my Cup.

But why so many people Change their OEM Stereo for a BRAND USED OEM Stereo Again???
If you are taking the PITA to Remove the POS Stereo do yourself a Favor and Get a Double Din DVD stereo, Or go to Crutchfield and buy the Single DIN retrofit tray and Presto!

No more ER1 Codes! Say Hello to the Future: USB or Even Better iPod Interface.
CD Player is So Retro these days.

Nice DIY BTW!

Last edited by Skirmich; 10-22-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fixed mine....

Slider2828 has some great pictures and good instructions on how to remove the radio/cd player. My ER-E1 error was caused by the "floating" CD player not alinging with the access door. The internal cd player floats on 4 springs and the player was slightly above the cd access door. As a result the push rod shown in the Slider2828 picture just above his step 8 (on the right side-- the piece with the slot and slot hole) would hit the chasis rather than slide though the opening to push the cam that opens the access door. I lowered the cd player by slightly streaching the spring on the right front corner. However the real fix may be that the pushrod should be extended out and under the chasis opening. The push rod has a bend upward to hold it under the chasis and this would align the player with the access door. My internal mechanism was jammed similar to Slider2828, but once I fixed the jam it would jam again when I ejected or tried to load a CD until I fixed the alignment problem. Not sure but you might try a temporary alignment fix by opening the access door and pushing down on the internal CD player with an knife while you try to eject, if alignment is part of your ploblem. This might help you unload internal cd's. And if you remove the knife after the player says load it might hook the push rod under the chasis. Before I fixed mine the access door would not open on its own to load or eject. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know where i can find the video for this?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by slider2828

SLOWLY roll the piece out now like in the picture and you will see plugs in the back, remove the cigarette light adapter plug out and the console will be free. PLUS its also a good time to fix that loose cigarette light adapter by just holding the front part firmly and screwing the back metal cylinder into it.
I am looking for this small information because i also have some plug in problem. so thanks for your post.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey Guys.... I still get quite a bunch of personal emails for this fix and I also get notifications when someone posts. I really enjoy helping everyone out and enjoy people responding to this thread. It took a lot of time to document everything as you can see with 2 hands holding different things, shooting pictures was not easy.

I appreciate everyone's thanks and really good luck to everyone in trying to fix this problem.

I like my car looking stock and the stock navigation is actually pretty great too....

One thing I REALLY like guys and I have this installed. Updates your stock deck to seemlessly to have bluetooth, mass storage USB, and all that cool stuff using just 1 plug... Really just about 15 minutes to do!

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_a...interface.html

I don't work for them, but I use this EVERYDAY and its cool!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by [B
slider2828[/B]]
SLOWLY roll the piece out now like in the picture and you will see plugs in the back, remove the cigarette light adapter plug out and the console will be free. PLUS its also a good time to fix that loose e cigarette light adapter by just holding the front part firmly and screwing the back metal cylinder into it.
I am looking for this small information because i also have some plug in problem. so thanks for your post.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Did you get what you needed?