CD changer abnormal noises

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 08:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
CD changer abnormal noises

Does anyone have loud and strange noises coming out from their Bose CD changer when changing CDs or loading/ejecting CDs... Mine makes abnormal loud noises like its about to break or something is scratching the mettal.

So far it did not break and does the job, but I am afraid it might break in future and I don't want to get screwed with after warranty repairs.

Do you think its posible to b*tch to a dealer about this? Or they will just tell me *as long as it changes CDs there is no problem*.

BTW, I use regular CDs only from Music stores....
Old 11-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well mine make noise when it change cd.But i dun think its loud enough to be "abnormal". How loud is it? I think all cd changers in a car make noise when it change cds. I wouldnt even bother to go to the dealer until it breaks. The dealer wont fix nuthin if its not broken. Just wait until it break.

On the side note: My friend's avalon's cd changer was broken and he went to the dealer and they blame it on him playing cdr.
LOL!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally posted by this is me
Well mine make noise when it change cd.But i dun think its loud enough to be "abnormal". How loud is it? I think all cd changers in a car make noise when it change cds. I wouldnt even bother to go to the dealer until it breaks. The dealer wont fix nuthin if its not broken. Just wait until it break.

On the side note: My friend's avalon's cd changer was broken and he went to the dealer and they blame it on him playing cdr.
LOL!

Well, it's changing frequency grinding noise (like something is not lubricated enough)
it's not that bad when I change CDs while driving with road noise or windows open.... but if you sit on a parking lot with your engine off and closed windows you can hear this anoying grinding.....

When I just bought the car - this was not happening, there was always a noise (mechanic devices make noises), but it was not like that.

Also my CD changer seems to take longer than before to switch CDs, which again indicates to me that there is a mechanical problem.

Honestly, I don't care about the noise... I just don't want to pay from my pocket for after warranty repair when this POS changer will finally die.

Well, I still got little more than a year left on warranty... so I can complain later.

Do you think its possible to report this problem to Acura dealer so they can fix it for free if CD changer mechanism dies after warranty?