Carjacked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 02:05 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carjacked!!!

Hey guys...becareful out there because I got carjacked this past friday, and they found my car today...It was in good condition...

Darn...I wished the robbers could have totalled it so I could get an IS 300...Oh, well...

However, I am glad that I am alive, and kicking...Thanks to God

Anyway, becareful out there, and watch your backs...

Also, do you think I should trade in my TL for the IS300? Driving my car now wouldn't feel right, since it has been violated...

Lates
Old 07-30-2001, 04:35 AM
Instructor

Damn...glad to hear your safe. So, what exactly happened? Were you sitting at a stoplight late at night or something?
Old 07-30-2001, 06:14 AM
Instructor

renting video

Basically, I was at Blockbuster Video, Rented the videos and proceeded to the car. A man from behind me goes: "Excuse me, sir can you do me a favor?" Me, being the innocent guy said: "yeah, sure..."

Then he pulled out a gun, and asked to hand over my wallet and car keys...I was like, AHHHH, man!!!

So, I cooperated and handed him the things he wanted. Then, I asked if I could get some things out that I needed for school...he complied.

At this point I was thinking about all the movies I saw, and contemplated doing some jackie chan stuff, but decided that I didn't want to get shot so i handed over everything...

Too bad for the criminal that I had two bucks in my wallet, and my gas tank was running on empty...

Moral of the story...be aware of your surroundings...NO MATTER where you go...
Old 07-30-2001, 07:52 AM
Pro

Man, that really sucks. Glad to hear that your okay though.
Old 07-30-2001, 08:05 AM
j83
Pro

that totally sux,
i know what you mean by the violated thing
probaly gave a good spin around the block really really fast.
be safe..
Old 07-30-2001, 08:56 AM
Pro

That really sucks. Where'd it happen?
Old 07-30-2001, 09:05 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

That is pretty bad, but an IS300.....lol.
Old 07-30-2001, 10:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Wow...I'm glad everything worked out ok.. I understand how you feel with your car being violated and not wanting to drive it.. I feel the same way if my car get's stolen(hope it doesn't though)...I wouldn't want to drive it once those crooks put their dirty fingers on my car!
Ed
Old 07-30-2001, 10:35 AM
O.G.

Thank god you are alright.
Remember, it's not worth losing your life to material things like a car and $$$.
But I think you are traumatized after the incident because you want to get an IS300. j/k I also agree with you that your car will never be the same. Good luck on whatever new car you are going to get.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:19 AM
Racer

That's some messed up ****. I'm just glad you're ok. Don't take this the wrong way, but I find it funny/strange you would think about school when someone was pointing a gun at you. Your teacher(s) must be very happy.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:26 AM
Acura TL-S

hemoglobin23,

glad ur ok and everything turned out well in the end.

however, i think u guys are all nuts!

so what if someone was in ur car? everytime u leave it at valet, they abuse it.. but its ur baby, how can u just throw it away cuz someone else touched it?
Old 07-30-2001, 11:31 AM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my car was never the same after some mofo got into my car and broke my nav!!!!
Old 07-30-2001, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by andrews32
That's some messed up ****. I'm just glad you're ok. Don't take this the wrong way, but I find it funny/strange you would think about school when someone was pointing a gun at you. Your teacher(s) must be very happy.
People from MD must think the same b/c school would
be the last thing I would be thinkin about. LOL...

You must be asian like me bro.. hahahaha
Old 07-30-2001, 01:24 PM
FTM
Instructor

This is why I purchased my Clifford Alarm with built -in anticarjacking. It won't stop a person from taking the car from you. They sure won't go very far with your car the system will shut the car off in about 200 feet. The alarm will sound & that person will get out fast.
Old 07-30-2001, 02:16 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by FTM
This is why I purchased my Clifford Alarm with built -in anticarjacking. It won't stop a person from taking the car from you. They sure won't go very far with your car the system will shut the car off in about 200 feet. The alarm will sound & that person will get out fast.
How does it know it's been carjacked? Don't you have to like hit a button or something? I'm interested now since I thought I never hear about this from anyone I "chat" or interact with.

That sucks!
Old 07-30-2001, 02:21 PM
Instructor

Hey guys...thanx for your support...this is a great family of TL owners...

Yeah...I had JUST drove up to Bakersfield from L.A. and this occurred...(my parents live up there).

If I do decide to keep the car, I am considering detailing the hell out of the car to sterilize the car of the crooks...hehehe...

I am considering LoJack in the future, JUST IN CASE...what do you guys think? Any of you guys have it? Is there a monthly fee to subscribe to LoJack or a one time installation fee? I have looked online, and I read conflicting reports...

FTM...How much was that clifford alarm? what model number is it...any info on the CLifford system would be great...

lates guys...
Old 07-30-2001, 04:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by eazy_d23

People from MD must think the same b/c school would
be the last thing I would be thinkin about. LOL...

You must be asian like me bro.. hahahaha
haha he sure is Asian. You comming to the meet this weekend???
Old 07-30-2001, 04:30 PM
Racer

thats why i keep my gun in the glove box =P

hehe.. j/k
Old 07-30-2001, 04:32 PM
FTM
Instructor

Originally posted by AC

How does it know it's been carjacked? Don't you have to like hit a button or something? I'm interested now since I thought I never hear about this from anyone I "chat" or interact with.

That sucks!
AC/hemoglobin23 the system would work like this. If the person takes your keys from you & starts the car they can drive off with the car. This will allow you to get away get help or prepare to beat thier butt. The person would have to enter a code to let the system know that the car is not bieng jacked or stolen.When the car is put in gear the code has to be enterd about 20 seconds.The system then will give warning chirps if this is not done (this chirp is for you if you forget to enter it)If you have not entered the code within another say 20 seconds & the car is at a slow speed this will happen. The brakelights will flash to alert other drivers that the car is slowing & the engine will shut off.
The alarm will sound lights flashing & everything. The car can't be restarted unless the code is entered. If the person would try to guess the code they only have 3 tries to enter the correct one.
If you are in the car & someone comes up to you with the car running & says get out I want your car.The system will set itself when any door is opened. So for instance you let out a friend thats in the back seat. When that door opens & shuts you have to enter your code to let the system know the car is not being jacked. The code can be entered with the car in motion as long asyou do it within the 40 seconds. The buttons for the code are in plain view & easy reach for you to enter. This is also your valet code. This turns off the anticarjacking system with all other alarm functions. The anticarjacking can be turned off by you at anytime & you can still have the alarm functions The system is easy to use all you have to do is enter the code before driving. The system sets anticajackig by itself. This feature is found on most mid & upper end Cliffords. The price should be around $450 & up.It all depends what model you buy but the feature is built in to them.
Old 07-30-2001, 05:53 PM
Instructor

FTM thanx for the info....I will look in to this....

To the others...I know it sounded dumb to worry about my school stuff, but i had just gotten back my final research paper draft with revisions, so I didn't want that lost...I mean..I wasn't about to get an F for this fother mucker....LOL....I am asian...

where is the meet??? That would be cool...depending on police business that I have to take care of...
Old 07-30-2001, 09:42 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
Unhappy

DAMN. Scary sh!t. Glad you are OK.

Did they get the guy?

:-jon
Old 07-30-2001, 11:25 PM
Instructor

As far as I know, they didn't catch the guy, but they did get my car in perfect condition...My car keys were missing, though...I'm worried he may have my home address and he might go there to commit more crime...I will be praying...

If they do catch the guy, I am DEFINITELY going to identify his ass and have him locked up...

NO ONE drives my car!!!
Old 07-31-2001, 04:47 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FTM did a good description of what the clifford system does but for your info its called 'blackjax'

I'd say it works pretty well as long as your not in sight when the fool realizes he's stalled out. otherwise, he might come back fo yo azz.

it has, too, caused moments of embarrassment when you dont hear the warning chirps because you have your radio on too loud. I've stalled out a few times while forgetting to enter the code. d'oh!

anyway, check out www.clifford.com for more info
Old 07-31-2001, 05:01 PM
yee
Burning Brakes

hey, just wanna let you know that the same thing happened to my friend...and she was driving a TL too...

This was a few years ago in Toronto and the only diff is that they never found the car.

I have lo jack in my car and it's a lifetime thing...
Old 07-31-2001, 09:04 PM
10th Gear

Hey its good that your okay as far as the trading in the TL to IS300 it all depend on what your looking for but if you do get a 300 your getting a awesome ride i own one but i'm about to tradin my legend to get a TL so i'm about to be in both clubs but the 300 is a really nice ride heres a pic of my 300:

..... NICE RIDE!
Old 07-31-2001, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay Hemoglobin.

posts like thsi make me glad I spent the extra and got my Clifford, Thieves wouldnt make it past the end of the block before the engine dies and the alarm goes off. Punks wouldnt know what hit em.
Old 07-31-2001, 10:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hemo, sorry to hear about what happened. Yah, go with Clifford
alarm with the Blackjax feature. I got one too. In the first few
days, it's gonna be a pain because you have to enter the code
each and every time you start the car, or open the door. But it becomes second nature in no time, like driving a manual transmission. Well worth the extra $$$. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2001, 04:28 AM
Instructor

I was talking with my friend who is an LAPD officer, and he told me that LOJACK was very reliable...They caught some dude that stole a Civic Si, and they caught him while he was taking the rims off the car!!!!! he told me the look on the criminals face was worth a million bucks when 6 officers raided his garage...Pretty tight...I guess the guy had no idea that the car was LOJACKed...HAHAHAHAHA...I REALLY hate car thieves now....

I am considering the LOJACK over the BLACKJAX because it seems that the code entering would be a hassle....But both systems sound good....We'll see....

Thanx to all those who have posted on this topic, because I believe (as TL owners) we are VERY susceptible to autotheft, and what not....Thanx again for all the people who have contributed to this thread...
Old 08-01-2001, 05:52 AM
Instructor

Glad to hear that you are okay Hemoglobin23! Sounds like a pretty scary event. I totally understand not wanting to drive in your car anymore. Do you have a TL or a TL-S? Maybe you can trade it in for a TL-S if you don't have one of them.

I work at a Lexus dealership and drive IS300s all the time and just bought a TL-S and love it. The TL-S is a lot faster than the IS and the seats are a lot more comfortable. I think you get a lot more for your money with the Acura. If the IS was $24k, it might be a bargain, but at $34 it isn't.

As a side note, a customer brought in an IS200 that he brought with him from Germany. It was pretty cool: 5 speed, shorter bumper overhangs, clear sidemarkers on the fenders and a pop-up Navigation with voice activation.

Good luck!