Car got broken into at Ferman Acura!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car got broken into at Ferman Acura!!!!!

Hey,
I took my car in last monday because I hit a curb and bent all my suspension out of place and chipped my rim. Besides that they told me my car was going to be ready last thursday. Then everyday I would call they kept on saying the next day. So when I get out of school today I called them and they said they got my allignment done I was like finally, and then he said but someone broke into your car last night. I was like What the Fu*k. He said that they broke you passenger right side window, and craked my front wind shield. He goes they already ordered the parts to fix it and I was like so your happy ass is going to get my ass a courtesy car now and i was cursing him out like crazy. He did, and I want to know if I should be able to get something out of it for my inconvenince or some ****. Like type s tails, a wood kit, or a body kit. Dont you guys think I should get hooked up or something? Or if not anyway I can get there ass in trouble? Let me know , Thanx.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:19 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I dunno.....can they be held responsible for what happened? It was in their lot.....hmm....
Old 08-21-2001, 09:22 PM
Racer

Angry

Well, they better give you something or I am not goin there anymore to get my ride fixed!!!
Old 08-21-2001, 09:34 PM
Banned

They had to take my car to some cheap ass place down the street because my car was to low. then they kept it over night and it got broken into over there so they are oaying for my window and all damage i just want to know if they should hook me up with anything or at leat give me a better rentall car than a chevy Malibu, i would at least take an acura. o well let me know what you guys think
Old 08-21-2001, 10:03 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was anything stolen from your car?
BTW, if they took it to some cheap ass place then have them give you something or tell them to tell Acura to re-imburse you with something.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:04 PM
Burning Brakes

im sure warren could work something out for you about getting something of some sort.....he is pretty cool.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:30 PM
Drifting

I don't think you should get anything special out if it... it's not Acura's FAULT the car was broken into.

You should be happy that they are taking responsibility without a fight and are working quickly to get everything fixed for you.

Just my opinion. I wouldn't be a d!ck if that's your normal service place. I always think it's bad to be like that if you have to continue to go there after.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:57 AM
do it yourself, !

Was anything else taken? Why did they try to beak into your car in the first place? for a radio or something? Either ways..since the car was in their possession, they are responsible for whatever happens to it. You should make sure its fixed good as new and not some qucik half-a$$ job. Highly doubt you can get a WHOLE body kit or something for that..but its worth a shot if you ask instead of try to blackmail it out of them. Just report some stuff stolen... :p
Old 08-22-2001, 05:04 AM
jr
Instructor

ferman acura , where are they, this bozo's here in lakeland suck
(regal) if some one could let me know thanks .
Old 08-22-2001, 09:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I think they should give you a $1,200 body kit because you had some glass damage while they had your car. Actually, I'd ask them to swap your car for a new TL-S at no charge because of all the mental anguish they've put you through.

Seriously, these threads appear on the board all the time and I find them humorous. Something bad happens that's clearly someone else’s fault and the first question asked is "what can I get for it?". That's why the U.S. is so lawsuit happy.

The dealer appears to be doing the right thing in repairing your car and providing you with a loaner. What more do you expect? You experienced no personal harm and I don't think the psychological impact will be permanent. If they offer you something for the inconvenience - take it. But you haven't been that "wronged" to warrant a couple of hundred dollars in free accessories.
Old 08-22-2001, 11:02 AM
Pro

Seriously, these threads appear on the board all the time and I find them humorous. Something bad happens that's clearly someone else’s fault and the first question asked is "what can I get for it?". That's why the U.S. is so lawsuit happy.
That's why the lawyer is so rich. Maybe I should send my daughter to the law school when she grows up?
Old 08-22-2001, 12:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
As long as they are taking full responsibility and making sure that everything is fixed like new, I wouldn't worry about anything else. Ferman is a respectable dealership. The only reason I didn't buy there was because I got a better deal at Regal here in Lakeland. I don't know what jr's experience has been with Regal, but they have always treated me with courtesy, respect, and top notch service. Their price on my y2k WDP was less than 5 other dealers I contacted when I bought a year ago.
Old 08-22-2001, 01:09 PM
aTL
Instructor

Its all about liability and responsibility its a set of standreds that the dealership live by, hell we all look to get hooked up after we get f*cked over but the chances of it happening are very rare. All they can do is replace the stuff that the guy who broke in on your rig for free. And you have to chalk it up to experience just don't take your damn car to that location anymore find another Acura dealership they should keep a better eye on peoples investment if you leave it in their care. You paid your hard earned money to get your ride and they should accomidate you with better security. But the BOTTOM-LINE is the likley hood of you getting the hook up is zero.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:32 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by BarryH
Yeah, I think they should give you a $1,200 body kit because you had some glass damage while they had your car. Actually, I'd ask them to swap your car for a new TL-S at no charge because of all the mental anguish they've put you through.

The dealer appears to be doing the right thing in repairing your car and providing you with a loaner. What more do you expect? You experienced no personal harm and I don't think the psychological impact will be permanent. If they offer you something for the inconvenience - take it. But you haven't been that "wronged" to warrant a couple of hundred dollars in free accessories.
Nicely Said........

The car was broken into by an independent third party.... not Acura's fault. It could have been broken into at your house or when you were parked at the store or anywhere.......

A bunch of "ifs"

As for claming stuff was Stolen -- they aren't going to care -- they're going to tell you to talk to your insurance company. As it is, I'm honestly surprised they're springing for the glass... I would have thought because your car got broken into by SOMEONE else -- they'd not claim responsibility.
Old 08-22-2001, 03:50 PM
Instructor

If I take my car to the dealer for service...they are responsible for the safety of my car. If they do not want to be held responsible for my car...don't take it...don't have a service area....let some other dealer get the headaches. If the dealer has my car and they have to take it to 45 different places they better bring it back safely or don't take it. Notify me they won't due because they don't want to be held responsible....I can respect that. But if you choose to take it know full well I'm going to hold you responsible. If I lend a friend my car (not!) if some damage occurs, he/she is responsible and I expect them to pay. Don't be grateful they fixed the car.....THEY SHOULD HAVE.....you didn't bring it in with a broken windshield!!! As far as getting a freebee if you can do it....so fu@kin what....if they say no what's the harm....If 10 people go to the same dealer for the same car with the same down payment with the same credit...they will get 10 different deals. FLAME ON!!!! That's why there's so many suits.....it's not there fault......be happy their fixing it........DON'T LISTEN TO THIS CRAP.....THEY SHOULD FIX IT AND IF THEY DON'T THE GUY WHO TOOK THE CAR....WHIP HIS A$$....This maybe a little strong for some but I'm in a bad mood today and I'm lookin to pick a fight.......so there....then....and....
Old 08-22-2001, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
should of went to CROWN
Old 08-22-2001, 09:19 PM
Banned

Guys you need to simmer down. I asked the Joe the service guy if he could hook me up he said not really because it was broken into. When I went to go look at the car it was a clean break. I am assuming the dealership did it them selves because they had to replace a braket in the small corner window, so i am geussing that they just bashed the whole window in. In any case the problem is that they have lied to me everyday telling me that my car will be ready this day, and etc. It never happens. The last time my car got broken into the same window it took them 1 month to fix one fuc*ing puny little window in the passenger rigt side. I got that guy fired cuz of that and plus of insurance fraud. Who the hell is going to pay $3000 to fix the small window. It was outragous. All I want now is my ride. I am pretty sure you guys can understand that. But thanx for you guys felling for me. TRUST ME IT SUX TO BE ME!! Oh well enough said.
Peace and Thanx
Old 08-22-2001, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Asif2002
Guys you need to simmer down. I asked the Joe the service guy if he could hook me up he said not really because it was broken into. When I went to go look at the car it was a clean break. I am assuming the dealership did it them selves because they had to replace a braket in the small corner window, so i am geussing that they just bashed the whole window in. In any case the problem is that they have lied to me everyday telling me that my car will be ready this day, and etc. It never happens. The last time my car got broken into the same window it took them 1 month to fix one fuc*ing puny little window in the passenger rigt side. I got that guy fired cuz of that and plus of insurance fraud. Who the hell is going to pay $3000 to fix the small window. It was outragous. All I want now is my ride. I am pretty sure you guys can understand that. But thanx for you guys felling for me. TRUST ME IT SUX TO BE ME!! Oh well enough said.
Peace and Thanx
should of went to crown>>>>
Old 08-22-2001, 10:08 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by typeR

should of went to crown>>>>
and "If Woody had gone straight to the police, none of this would ever have happened"

Anyone else remember that line or just me????
Old 08-23-2001, 09:12 PM
Racer

jr ferman acura , where are they, this bozo's here in lakeland suck
(regal) if some one could let me know thanks .

They are located on Florida Av. in Tampa, FL.