Can the BG Can the BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner be installed in this manner....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005 | 02:47 PM
Advanced

Can the BG Can the BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner be installed in this manner....

Hey guys, I want to buy the full BG fuel system cleanup kit and want to see if this is ok to do before I tear apart the car. It sounds like a scary thing to do especially where he says that its going to run rough for a while. Here's my question:

Can the BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner be installed in this manner if you don't have the BG 9210 Inject-A-Flush® Apparatus?

Application of the fuel injection cleaner through the Induction System.

1- Get the engine up to operating temperature

2- Find a vacuum port on the engine that has manifold vacuum on it all the time. The vacuum port should be as close to the throttle body as possible.

3- Get a length of vacuum line that will fit tight over the vacuum fitting, approx 2 to 3 feet long.

4- Get a pair of vice grips or pliers so you can pinch the vacuum line off.

5- Put one end of the vacuum line on the vacuum fitting you found close to the throttle body and the other end in the open can of the fuel injector cleaner. Now take the pliers and pinch off the vacuum line.

6- Start the engine and let the engine idle. Slowly release the pliers so the engine starts to roughen up, but does not stall. Run the
complete contents of the cleaner until it is gone. After the contents of the cleaner is finished shut the engine off and let it sit for
approx 15 minutes.

7- After the sitting time put your car back to normal...vacuum lines ect ect. Start the engine up and keep it running until the engine idle
is stable. Your engine may run rough for a little while. Now go for a good run on the freeway or higher rpm driving.
Old 09-13-2005 | 03:28 PM
Burning Brakes

hmmm....not familiar with the BG apparatus, but it says "pressurized by shop air"....so I'd think it would play a factor since you're only looking to use the vacuum off the plennum.