California Duster, Wash Mitts, Water Blade

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 01:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
California Duster, Wash Mitts, Water Blade

Hi,
I know that some of these issues have been discussed before, but I just bought a TL Type-S and I am trying to decide what to get for cleaning my baby.. I went to Pep boys and read some info on car care web sites, but couldn't decide what to get? In particular, what kind of wash mitt do you guys use? Wool, or cotton? What brand is good?
Also what do you guys think about the Water blade?
Finally, I hate it when the tires look grey.. I saw something on TV called Jet Wet... has anyone tried it? Is it going to damage the tires?
Old 07-01-2001, 07:15 PM
Racer

I have been using a genuine sheep skin wash mitten from Costco. So far I like it. It's pretty soft. The Water blade is also good. Just make sure that you clean the blade often. The dirt that collects on the blade will scratch the clearcoat paint.
Old 07-01-2001, 07:35 PM
Drifting

Re: California Duster, Wash Mitts, Water Blade

Originally posted by fguv
Hi,
I know that some of these issues have been discussed before, but I just bought a TL Type-S and I am trying to decide what to get for cleaning my baby.. I went to Pep boys and read some info on car care web sites, but couldn't decide what to get? In particular, what kind of wash mitt do you guys use? Wool, or cotton? What brand is good?
Also what do you guys think about the Water blade?
Finally, I hate it when the tires look grey.. I saw something on TV called Jet Wet... has anyone tried it? Is it going to damage the tires?
Zaino, Zaino, Zaino. I can't recommend their products enough.

The first thing you should do is to wash down your TL with a dishwashing detergent solution (Zaino recommends Dawn) to get rid of all the grease and wax. Then use the claybar to scrub your paint surfaces clean of impurities. After that, use the polish base, swirl remover and polish.

If you do all that, all you need to do is to lightly spray Z-6 once a week or so and buff the surface. NICE! It's worked wonders on my ride.

Zaino also makes a tire shine that doesn't come off in the rain. It's not bad, but I have a hard time getting it to really shine.

I've also heard good things about the California Car Duster, although I haven't tried it myself.