Brakes problem, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Brakes problem, please help!

Ok, got an 02 type S. I decided to buy front pads and rotors and replace them myself. I already did this on my old 99 tl with no problems. After I replaced both sides, the steering wheel and the whole car shakes violently at slow speeds (I was afraid to go over 40). Also, there is a distinct clicking sound coming from under my shifter whenever I apply the brakes while sitting still. I am about to tear it apart again, but am unsure what I did wrong. I tightened every bolt well. The only thing is that I had to drill out the phillips screws which hold the rotor onto the hub. I did not replace them because I figured that the lug nuts would hold the rotor on tight enough. The guy at autozone also said that I did not need these. Any suggestions?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Sust Man
Ok, got an 02 type S. I decided to buy front pads and rotors and replace them myself. I already did this on my old 99 tl with no problems. After I replaced both sides, the steering wheel and the whole car shakes violently at slow speeds (I was afraid to go over 40). Also, there is a distinct clicking sound coming from under my shifter whenever I apply the brakes while sitting still. I am about to tear it apart again, but am unsure what I did wrong. I tightened every bolt well. The only thing is that I had to drill out the phillips screws which hold the rotor onto the hub. I did not replace them because I figured that the lug nuts would hold the rotor on tight enough. The guy at autozone also said that I did not need these. Any suggestions?
that could potentially be... really bad.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=rotor
i read that those two screws are what holds the rotor in place... so if you dont put those back on/replace them, what the heck is them in fixed position?!
Old 02-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually, the lug nuts of the wheel keep them in position. I used to have a mustang with no screws in the rotors. That is how it came from factory.