Blitzsafe with iPod, and Nav2DVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Blitzsafe with iPod, and Nav2DVD

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here for a long time - I totally forgot about this place.

So anyways, recently I've been doing my spring car cleaning, and taking care of issues that need to be handled. Most of it is just gauge cluster lighting, and lighting in the A/C unit. I have taken care of all that, well, mostly, but the one thing I'd like to finally get around to doing is adding the Nav2DVD unit.

But here is the catch - I have the Blitzsafe iPod adapter, and I'm not willing to sacrifice this for the Nav2Dvd unit. If there is something that I can buy that will allow me to use both of those, AND continue to charge the iPod and turn it off automatically when I shut the car off like my current blitzsafe does - then I'll get it. I just want to use my current setup, not lose any functions, but add the Nav2DVD. Possible?

Also - I can't get the foglight switch to light up, and I tried replacing the bulbs in it. Is is possible the switch is just faulty? It's only like 30 bucks, so it's not a big deal, but I'd just like to fix that while I'm at it.

One more thing - can we change the bulbs in the radio unit? The LCD screen looks like it has lost some lighting in the far right corner of the display on the tuner. I didn't see any bulbs on the acura parts schematic, so I assume I'd have to crack open the case and solder stuff to fix it.

Thanks for the help everyone! I've been searching for the blitzsafe stuff, but I am really just so confused and I don't want to get the wrong one.