Blew the doors off a G35 SC 6MT today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blew the doors off a G35 SC 6MT today!

I had to go to my local Acura dealer for the tranny recall. When I was leaving, I had to get on it a bit because of approaching traffic. A G35 SC in the next lane beside me saw it and punched it. We hit a red light side by side. I rolled down my window and asked him if it was a 6 speed. He said it was and I told him he'll kill me. The light turned green and I left him in the dust bad. All I heard was his tires squealing and I was gone. He finally caught me a 1/8 mile later when I had to brake for cars in front of me. WOOHOO! What a great feeling! I guess all those mods are paying off. It was the first time I raced anyone in the TL. I know, I know, I shouldn't be street racing, but I couldn't resist the opportunity.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:22 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Oh god, I hope you have your flamesuit on.

And, this should be in the Racing and Competition forum, or car talk.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Instructor

haha..all you have is exhaust and and crank pulley and your TL-P smoked a 6 Speed G35!?!?!? Lay off the booze
Old 05-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
do you mean supercharged when you say SC?
Old 05-04-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm Cool

man iono either he wasn't trying or ur just dreaming
Old 05-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Racer

SC = Sport Coupe. I have a Apexi Catback, UR Pulley and AEM CAI. Oh he was trying alright. You think he liked getting beat by a '00 TL? You're calling me a liar???
Old 05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Either he wasn't trying at all, or the dumbass G35 driver had the car in reverse.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by DAVERUBINO
You think he liked getting beat by a '00 TL? You're calling me a liar???
He didn't get beat by a TL.

Two possible scenarios:

1. You lie.
2. He didn't try.

He was probably teasing you. While you were gunning it, he was
Old 05-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Yea i hate to say it but you have no chance...your lucky he was spinnin tires...that or he didnt wanna waste his gas...
Old 05-04-2005, 04:41 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

G35 Coupe = 280hp.

Your TL.. I'm not sure how much those mods are worth, but it sure as hell isn't close to 280 at the crank.

Edit: assuming that it was not an 05, which has 298hp.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its time to raise the flag
Old 05-04-2005, 04:50 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Must be the Blue Rockblocker Headlight film that helped you
Old 05-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Racer

OK fine, maybe he was a shitty driver. He was trying, I didn't lie, I'M SORRY I SHARED THIS WITH ALL OF YOU!!! Look at my posts and see if I don't tell it like it is, and last but not least, KISS MY ASS YOU BUNCH OF PHONIES!!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:02 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

How mature.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:02 PM
boo

Well im in disbelief too.. but in a street race anything goes. If the G35 driver didnt hook up yeah thats his fault for not knowing how to drive.

Congrats!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by benzo555
Well im in disbelief too.. but in a street race anything goes. If the G35 driver didnt hook up yeah thats his fault for not knowing how to drive.

Congrats!
Thankyou! At least there is ONE decent person here. That was all I was saying, he probably screwed up and not that I have a powerhouse. I got lucky. I guess the rest can't understand that or maybe they can't drive worth a shit either.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread reminds me of the time I smoked that Enzo....
Old 05-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ndawood
This thread reminds me of the time I smoked that Enzo....
An Enzo? Pfft. Piece of cake. I smoked a McLaren F1 and the only mod I had at the time was a chrome shift plate!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Racer

Come on guys, its a street race. May be its jsut a crappy driver.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Racer

HAHAHA feeling the wrath of this site now huh. Yeah this site has gone down hill ever since I have been on here. People will call you all sorta things; BUt street race is street race. He was spinning tired and you had to shut it off bc of traffic. Why is that so hard to believe? I wont say I BLEW THE DOORS of a g35 6mt but something a little more modest like ran into a bad g35 driver would have been a better title. Plus no headers and no type S. People are going to call BS. But I will call it a lucky win.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
no matter how crappy of a driver the G35 guy was.. but those things can hit speed of passed 100 in less than a few seconds all on low rpm third gear.. i drive the Z around and there's no way in hell the TL-P even feels CLOSE to what the Z feels like. my tl has headers, intake, and pulleys. still alot slower than the Z. even from the start the G35 (being a RWD) would be flying off that line, the TLP has to work itself until it gets to higher RPMs, that's when you feel the pull, but not enough. and once you get out of third gear, youre pretty much done for

but congrats on being lucky going against a driver that doesnt know how to drive.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you got lucky, he was a shitty driver or didnt know how to handle the clutch
Old 05-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Racer

Thanks to a few of you guys. I'm fully aware that G35's scream. I almost bought one. The guy couldn't drive worth a crap and spun his tires big time. I left him bad off the line and if we could have kept going, he would have gone by me like I was standing still. But it was a street race, light to light, he blew it and I won. Since this is an Acura forum, I would think more people would share in my joy instead of putting me down. I'm 53 years old and have no desire to impress anyone here. I was just sharing what happened to me today. Sorry if it's not up to some of your standards. When I joined this forum, it was a great place to learn, get tips and see others' ideas. I come to this site about 12 times a day and enjoy reading what others have to say, but I agree, it's getting to be a flaming board. If I don't have something good to say about someone's post, I don't say anything. Maybe a few of you should adopt this philosophy. The way it's going, only the jerks will be left here to post. Thanks to the few of you that posted and have brains.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:55 PM
i

i got rocked by a G35 sedan...i was completely stock at the time but not like some mods would've done much.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Racer

Thanks to a few of you guys. I'm fully aware that G35's scream. I almost bought one. The guy couldn't drive worth a crap and spun his tires big time. I left him bad off the line and if we could have kept going, he would have gone by me like I was standing still. But it was a street race, light to light, he blew it and I won. Since this is an Acura forum, I would think more people would share in my joy instead of putting me down. I'm 53 years old and have no desire to impress anyone here. I was just sharing what happened to me today. Sorry if it's not up to some of your standards. When I joined this forum, it was a great place to learn, get tips and see others' ideas. I come to this site about 12 times a day and enjoy reading what others have to say, but I agree, it's getting to be a flaming board. If I don't have something good to say about someone's post, I don't say anything. Maybe a few of you should adopt this philosophy. The way it's going, only the jerks will be left here to post. Thanks to the few of you that posted and have brains.
NICE VERY NICE!!! You took the words outta my mouth. I use to come here and post races and stuff that happens to me on the board but I just got flamed up my ass so I just stop. I went to the other forums such as v6performance<-- since my girl has an accord. They are very very supportive and they are a younger crowd too. Oh wells, sooner or later this site is gonna lose some quality users such as myself and you. Its kinda ironic how the mods have been more strict on the posts but the quality is of the site is going down and there is a lot of JERKS on this site. Oh wells.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:03 PM
i

its probable he did spin his ass off at start up and so lost...u said it was ur first street race? exciting isnt it? soon ull be rollin down ur windows to everyone and asking to race.

and yea, on ur note of the G35 spinning at launch, darkfox's dad has a 300ZX with around 400HP, our friends Ford Tauras beat him off the line for a few seconds till the Z caught up...its funny to think about.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
IMO this is one of the best sites around - everytime I go to another site, I feel more stupid after and I didnt learn a damn thing. Everyone there is young and they all talk out their ass - while you get facts on this site from mostly knowledgeable people . The fact is there is no way you beat that guy in a normal race, but you said he was spinning the tires and it was a quick street race, so I believe you.

but next time - try to word you title better like SLAMMED_WDP_TLS said and I guarantee you would have got all supportive replys - that title may fly in other forums, but people will sniff out BS here real fast - that is why I still get on the site so much. and you will continue to like it if you tone it down some

(I could beat a C6 Vette also if he just sat there and spun them untill the race was almost over.)
Old 05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree with you two guys. I put a post on here last week about a race my 99 tl-p w/headers, k&n filter and iridium plugs only beat a '04 maxima AT from a stop both of us spun a little bit, but I beat him easily and he didn't say he wasn't trying, he couldn't believe my car beat his straight up. Everyone of this board was trashing me and calling me a liar or that something just have been wrong with his car. Instead of what they should have been doing and that was saying fuck yeah you beat an '04 max with a 99 tl-p 4 speed AT. I will tell you on good days my car pulls like a mother f'r and still sets me back in my seat and gets me a little exicted. Then I usually go home and make love with my beautiful wife after I tuck in my two beautiful kids.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:16 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I forgot to mentioned I smoked a srt-10 viper going backwards while sittin' on my hands and steering with my healthy endowment.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:35 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Actually, it's threads like this that diminish the quality of this site. Someone comes on and thinks "Oh, well, if he can beat a G32C then so can I with my TL-P". People like myself and the others who called BS are merely trying to keep it real and factual here. Fact is that a TL-P does not have the goods to hang with a G35C. If your post had been a little more realistic and a little less fanboi-ish (blew the doors off, guess mods are paying off, etc) you probably wouldn't have gotten such harsh responses.

But I digress, this is a racing story, it belongs in either Racing and Competition over at the CL forum or in Car Talk in off-topic. I'm surprised this hasn't been by the mods yet.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Racer

dude i belive u 100%, ive got a first gen and would b lucky to squeeze 225 horses outa it. but a mini cooper S pulled up to me n started reving so i thought wat the hell mite as well. well i beat him....it turned out he couldnt drive stick too well and ended up stalling.... but i won and thats that
Old 05-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MikePA
An Enzo? Pfft. Piece of cake. I smoked a McLaren F1 and the only mod I had at the time was a chrome shift plate!
McLaren F1? slow, i once took out a Skyline R34 Z-Tune... HA! beat that suckers
Old 05-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Pro

SC = Sport Coupe. I have a Apexi Catback, UR Pulley and AEM CAI. Oh he was trying alright. You think he liked getting beat by a '00 TL? You're calling me a liar???
I know your feeling,check my posted https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/anybody-know-cisco-ios-68269/ .I know many people shift much before redline,i think that's why you beat him.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Comptech Freak

G35 is not God

my TL-P with intake and exhaust can beat Astroboy's TL-S with H/E/I by 3 cars in length

he has 50hp more than me and i still win, there were 6 withnesses including Astroboy and Derrick

Dave said the G35 had a bad launch so he pulled off, G35 doesn't have 400hp so it's hard for him to catch up with only a slight power advantage in a short distance, and our TL is not that slow either.

Give Dave some respect, he already said he spun the tires so he wasn't lying at all

i remember Dave used to have a Corvette too right? maybe he can smoke us all here
Old 05-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by samkws
G35 is not God

my TL-P with intake and exhaust can beat Astroboy's TL-S with H/E/I by 3 cars in length

he has 50hp more than me and i still win, there were 6 withnesses including Astroboy and Derrick

Dave said the G35 had a bad launch so he pulled off, G35 doesn't have 400hp so it's hard for him to catch up with only a slight power advantage in a short distance, and our TL is not that slow either.

Give Dave some respect, he already said he spun the tires so he wasn't lying at all

i remember Dave used to have a Corvette too right? maybe he can smoke us all here
a lot depends on the driver, espcially in a stoplight race. Hell, the other day, I took off in my first gen and my friends civic had me off the line. Why? - cause my dumbass forgot to disable the TCS, and next thing you know, the wheels slipped for an instant and then the ecu cut back on the power. Maybe same thing happened on the G35, who knows. Myabe the guy just didn't know how to handle the 6 speed.

Oh and BTW, and managed to recover from my horrible launch and catch up to the civic, albeit at 105+mph. Quick lil blighter!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:20 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Please post info such as this in the Car Talk section.

Thanks.