Best Aftermarket Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002 | 10:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Best Aftermarket Alarm

I know a lot of us on this forum have aftermarket alarms or add on sensors.

Please post what Brand and Model you have and what its best features are.

Please post what Brand and Model you have and what its best features are.

Here is mine. Stock alarm with DEI GLass breakage sensor and DEI Shock sensor wired to factory alarm.

Might be getting Lo Jack

Don't know what the best is but I will probably will get an alarm with a paging feature and autostart

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2002 | 10:25 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Hey Robert,

how many times do I have to tell you. You already have enough. :p
Old 04-05-2002 | 10:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh Damn!LOL I want to keep it that way so thats what this post is about:p . I really like the Marksman 10 has anyone seen this one?
Old 04-06-2002 | 01:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have a Clifford Intelliguard 7000 G4. It does the following:

All of the features of the IntelliGuard 6000 except glass sensor
One 4-button remote
One 5-button master remote
BlackJax 4 anti-carjacking electronics on board
Remote controlled adjustment of the dual-zone Piezo vibration/impact sensor
$3000 anti-theft guarantee
Medallion Siren
A third wired programmable channel output

Added to this, I have a Clifford backup siren,glass sensor, ignition kill, flashing lights, and pager. Future upgrades will include 4 window rollup and closing sun roof. If I add a sound system (highly unlike at this point in time), mechanical hoodlock.

PS: you should see the alarm system on my Benz! :wow:
Old 04-06-2002 | 04:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

WHat is the Medallion Siren and the 3rd wired programmable output? Thanks for the info. By the way can you add remote start to that model?
Old 04-06-2002 | 05:56 AM
Instructor

hmm that sweet that you could add sensor to the stock alarm . . . where may i find the DEI gLass breakage sensor and DEI shock sensor . . . ? thanx in advance
Old 04-06-2002 | 06:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Try emailing Ron StreetEffects from the forum.
Old 04-06-2002 | 02:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

Well I always post what I have the Clifford IG8000 model with some add/ons.
Like the model patrick has it comes with built-in Blackjax 4 anticarjacking & self recovery sub system standard.
I also have Self-Powered Smart Siren 4 it has its own built- in battery to keep going if a thief cuts or tampers with wires.
The siren provides personalized siren sounds so you can make your siren sound unlike others. If you have the clifnet wizard you can select from 15 sounds. I have the Dual-Zone Omin Sensor,it senses between attempted intrusion & less signifcant impacts. If someone bumps your car with their car door a warning sound.
If forced entry is detected the full alarm is sounded.( It is a vibration/impact sensor with digital signal processing)I also have the Dual-Zone Proximity Sensor 4 (radar sensor triggers warning tone if someone is lurking to close to your vehicle blast siren if someone leans into passenger compartment) Each sensor has 32 step sensitivity adjustment level with master remote control audible tones higher or lower for adjustmet. I also have the Digital Tilt/ Motion Sensor (detects minor lifting or rolling of the vehicle without the false alarm common to other tilt/motion sensors. I have a pager it only goes off if someone breaks into the car. It has vibration only & audible sound. I aslo added the Cliffnet wizard PC Interface G4 feature ( allows you to control your system thru a free Windows Program) so for example you could change the customized alarm sounds or change duration time of alarm siren or turn on/off other features add or delete remotes ect.. It also lets installer easy check for any malfunction if they happen. I like the anticarjacking & coded valet feature & remote sensor adjustmet the best. DEI purchased the clifford company about a year ago but they kept the clifford name in there line up. www.clifford.com
Old 04-07-2002 | 12:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by FTM-1
I have the Dual-Zone Omin Sensor,it senses between attempted intrusion & less signifcant impacts. If someone bumps your car with their car door a warning sound.
If forced entry is detected the full alarm is sounded
Oh yeah, I forgot, I got this too!
Old 04-07-2002 | 11:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by NighthawkBlack
WHat is the Medallion Siren and the 3rd wired programmable output? Thanks for the info. By the way can you add remote start to that model?
The Medallion siren is as FTM-1 said above, you can personalize the siren sound. The 3rd wired output can be used to control anything you want: eg: to open/close your motorized amp rack for you stereo system in the trunk, etc. And I believe you can add remote start.
Old 04-07-2002 | 01:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well I always post what I have the Clifford IG8000 model with some add/ons.
Like the model patrick has it comes with built-in Blackjax 4 anticarjacking & self recovery sub system standard.
I also have Self-Powered Smart Siren 4 it has its own built- in battery to keep going if a thief cuts or tampers with wires.
The siren provides personalized siren sounds so you can make your siren sound unlike others. If you have the clifnet wizard you can select from 15 sounds. I have the Dual-Zone Omin Sensor,it senses between attempted intrusion & less signifcant impacts. If someone bumps your car with their car door a warning sound.
If forced entry is detected the full alarm is sounded.( It is a vibration/impact sensor with digital signal processing)I also have the Dual-Zone Proximity Sensor 4 (radar sensor triggers warning tone if someone is lurking to close to your vehicle blast siren if someone leans into passenger compartment) Each sensor has 32 step sensitivity adjustment level with master remote control audible tones higher or lower for adjustmet. I also have the Digital Tilt/ Motion Sensor (detects minor lifting or rolling of the vehicle without the false alarm common to other tilt/motion sensors. I have a pager it only goes off if someone breaks into the car. It has vibration only & audible sound. I aslo added the Cliffnet wizard PC Interface G4 feature ( allows you to control your system thru a free Windows Program) so for example you could change the customized alarm sounds or change duration time of alarm siren or turn on/off other features add or delete remotes ect.. It also lets installer easy check for any malfunction if they happen. I like the anticarjacking & coded valet feature & remote sensor adjustmet the best. DEI purchased the clifford company about a year ago but they kept the clifford name in there line up. www.clifford.com

can it cook you breakfast too?
Old 04-07-2002 | 06:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TLover8888

can it cook you breakfast too?
I'm glad you mentioned that! The 10000 series has a programmable output to a mini-microwave (sold separately) which upon activation, will nuke your pop tarts before you get in the car each morning. Good feature!
Old 04-07-2002 | 09:32 PM
Instructor

I have a Compustar System, Paging, dual stage, shock sensor, radar sensor, shows the status of the car on the remote, illuminated display, auto locking, able to turn on/off shock and/0r radar sensors from the remote. It's a pretty good system very few false alarms, plus I can still use the still use the stock system if I want to. But more importantly find a good installer.
Old 04-08-2002 | 02:23 AM
Safety Car

so what'd this cost ya'll's/??
lol
Old 04-08-2002 | 08:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TommyBoiSxty9
so what'd this cost ya'll's/??
lol
I got mine afew years ago The total I paid was $950. I got stuff added to my alarm because the higher #models came with stuff I did not want. This was like Night/Vision Raincheck (turns lights on when senses darkness) or window closure feature. Remote Start. So my basic alarm system installed was about $650. With the cost of extra sensors & add/ons $50 digital tilt sensor,$70 Cliffnet data Port,$50 G4 back-up siren, $50 Omni sensor, $40 extra companion remote + the pager cost & tax totaled $950.
The installer did deal with the price of some extras. If I got remote start added now he would charge me $100.00. This was the only option I reget not getting at that time. The basic alarm system has alot of standard features not found on other alarm systems.
Old 04-08-2002 | 11:04 AM
Instructor

$650 installed included remote start/off too.
Old 04-08-2002 | 04:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

I got mine afew years ago The total I paid was $950.
That's about right for all of those options you add on. I paid over $1,300 Cdn (or approx. $800 US) for my add-ons. Of course, FTM-1 got more options than I, and therefore he paid more for it.
Old 04-08-2002 | 10:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thats crazy. Im gonna pay 200 for an alarm and install it myself. Dont know about those extras but it has paging , code changing, all sensors and remote start and interior temperature
Old 04-08-2002 | 10:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by NighthawkBlack
Thats crazy. Im gonna pay 200 for an alarm and install it myself. Dont know about those extras but it has paging , code changing, all sensors and remote start and interior temperature
Yes, it's true it's a lot of money for an alarm system. However please note that the upscale Clifford alarms are more complex than your average alarms, and requires a certified Clifford technician to do the install. Yes, a do-it yourself could install a Clifford if he has the skill and knows what he is doing. But from my understanding, a Clifford alarm system is complex, and if installed improperly, would give you a lot of grief. It's best left to the professionals (IMO). But good luck to ya on your install of your alarm.
Old 04-09-2002 | 06:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Cliffords slogan is the average thief can disable your car alarm in 20 seconds. G4 is Security so technologically advanced it can't even be breached by even the most brilliant criminal mind.
The Cliffords are higher end alarm systems the lower model Clifford systems are about were other makers mid or top models are. The mid range Cliffords are more advanced than other makers top of the line models are. The mid range models have more stadarnd features that some others top models don't have like built-in BlackJax anticarjacking. this is what you would refer to as the BENZ,BMW,CADILLAC of auto alarms.