Bay Area - NEVER go to Serramonte Acura

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 05:32 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bay Area - NEVER go to Serramonte Acura

So I was settling in to an afternoon of college football and an oil change. A perfect Sat afternoon....

I was gonna switch to Mobil 1 and the M-104. I go to change the filter and I freak out cuz the M-104 was so much smaller than the Honda filter. So I come runing back in the house and check back here (oil on laptop not good) and yup M-104 or M-105. Turns out freakin SERRAMONTE ACURA (in Colma)that did my last and only oil change put in a smaller filter (S-32473). The seal is the same, but the diameter is smaller. Grrrrrr...

I guess I'll have to make up for it next time with the M-105. I guess I should ask, is the diameter of the M-105 bigger than the M-104 but with the same seal?
Old 10-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Acura Sales Manager

The filter for Acura/Honda has been changed to the smaller diameter. The older larger filters are discontinued.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I go to Acura of Serramonte for my routine check ups...... they give really good service as well as customer service. I guess maybe some people just have bad luck with them
Old 10-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sellnACURA
The filter for Acura/Honda has been changed to the smaller diameter. The older larger filters are discontinued.

Old 10-10-2004, 05:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by crazym0nkey
I go to Acura of Serramonte for my routine check ups...... they give really good service as well as customer service. I guess maybe some people just have bad luck with them

No way man, i live like in suset near judah street and there's this one time this advisor (like mid age male) didn't give me a loaner (which was expected), but didn't even want to give me a ride home cuz i'm like not in there range, i live like 1-2 miles off that range number. And that's my closetest dealer... Man i went in cuz the srs light was on(safety issue). He said something like, "You should arrange your own rides, everytime we send someone to drive you back and pick you up, it takes a person away from me for an hour."
Totally pissed me off. I would never expect something like this from a "luxury car" service. Ever since that, i never go back for anything, i rather go to mike harvey at burlingame. But the younger guy Eric is cool, he have good service. Too bad he had to work at serramonte.

I think at serramonte aucra service department is the worst comparing to the same grade service i.e. infinity and lexus. They are super cheap and bad adittude. I know like lexus and infinity gives you a loaner even just for an oil change, unless if all there loaners are out (which hardly happens, they like never run out of loaners). I know this because my friends drives IS300 and G35.

Sorry for the long rambling but just hearing the name serramonte acura pisses me off!
Old 10-10-2004, 01:10 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Originally Posted by sellnACURA
Is that a cost cutting change that honda/acura made? I would think that the smaller diameter would reduce the filteration surface area. Well either way, since I'm doing my own changes now, gonna go with this M-104 for now and switch to the bigger M-105 from now on.

As for Serramonte, the oil change and a squeaky steering wheel were my only service things. I guess their service was alright for the squeaky steering wheel. I'd actually like to hear what other people think of Bay Area/Peninsula dealers (Mike Harvey? Oakland?). Gotta get the oil jet kit, and I wanna make sure they do a good job (and gimme a sweet loaner).
Old 10-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Acura Sales Manager

Honda designed the smaller more compact filter to be used in the i-vtec engine vehicles. The compatibily changed to the rest of the vehicle line. Some of the techs told me the smaller diameter raises the oil pressure. The filter media should remain about the same as the previous. If you intend to use the older larger filter, you may need to buy up the last of them (if you can even find them) or go with an aftermarket brand like Fram, Wix etc. Overall the smaller filters will not change your vehicle performance.