Armour all tire spray?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002 | 09:27 PM
Banned

Question Armour all tire spray?

hey guys, I bought armour all's tire spray to day, and I sprayed it on the tires! IT shined em beautifully! However I didn't by the armour all rim spray, Instead I used the excess tire spray that dribbled down to finish off the rims! It also shined beautifully. Now I am feeling guilty of cheaping out on my new baby, so I just wanted to know if it does anything bad to the rims? Its any oily substance so, I hope it doesn't affect it with time!

Also, could we please lay the lexol issue to rest once and for all? I use the conditioner continuously on the seats, and leather upholstry. Is it true that lexol does not penetrate the leather and is completely useless? If so then how about this 303 stuff? or is the lexol's bad rap due to good 303 marketting strategy?
Old 06-01-2002 | 09:39 PM
Instructor

I grew up in the furniture business and around leather conditioning products. For your car Lexol is the best at the car parts store. If you really want to find something better then try some leather care products from a furniture store, otherwise lexol does the job.
Old 06-02-2002 | 08:41 AM
Burning Brakes

If you want really nice looking tires, I suggest using some form of Tire Gel...it's a bit more expensive, but lasts much longer.
Old 06-02-2002 | 06:20 PM
Advanced

Re: Armour all tire spray?

Originally posted by torqueaholic
hey guys, I bought armour all's tire spray to day, and I sprayed it on the tires! IT shined em beautifully! However I didn't by the armour all rim spray, Instead I used the excess tire spray that dribbled down to finish off the rims! It also shined beautifully. Now I am feeling guilty of cheaping out on my new baby, so I just wanted to know if it does anything bad to the rims? Its any oily substance so, I hope it doesn't affect it with time!

Also, could we please lay the lexol issue to rest once and for all? I use the conditioner continuously on the seats, and leather upholstry. Is it true that lexol does not penetrate the leather and is completely useless? If so then how about this 303 stuff? or is the lexol's bad rap due to good 303 marketting strategy?
Hey Man, I do the same with my rinms, works great for me
Old 06-02-2002 | 06:48 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally posted by johnnyb_s
If you want really nice looking tires, I suggest using some form of Tire Gel...it's a bit more expensive, but lasts much longer.
melguair's gold class high gloss....twice as much as other brands...but it lasts weeks...even if no rain
Old 06-03-2002 | 08:15 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

I use meguiar's gold class high gloss, and it's very good!! and it comes with an applicator. It shines a lot and it's good for days and weeks. i love it!!! Plus damn it smells good

@cUr@-TL
Old 06-05-2002 | 03:05 AM
Instructor

samkws . . . i just found out about that product u use . . . it works great and is still lookin greaty for couple dayz now. i used to use black magic and i recently bought them armor all ones too . . but they look real nice for the first day and then it doenst shine at all. the meguiar product cost twice as much but work 100 times better
Old 06-05-2002 | 01:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

meguiars here as well! It's fantastic... but can get messy.
Old 06-05-2002 | 02:00 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally posted by KidD WiTh 2k TL
samkws . . . i just found out about that product u use . . . it works great and is still lookin greaty for couple dayz now. i used to use black magic and i recently bought them armor all ones too . . but they look real nice for the first day and then it doenst shine at all. the meguiar product cost twice as much but work 100 times better
yeah man...i didn't believe it when it says last for weeks...but it's kinda true compare with others...

for best results, u gotta use the applicator...DON'T USE CLOTH!!

the gel stays on and protect and shines