Anyway to Make Alarm Beep First Time?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 12:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Anyway to Make Alarm Beep First Time?

Is there anyway to make the stock alarm beep the first time you press the 'lock' button instead of the second?
Old 09-15-2001, 12:54 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be interested in this as well. I think there was another posting on this fairly recently, although I don't remember the subject line or anything.

What I do recall is that the answer was yes - but nobody gave any clear directions on how. I think most everybody pointed to the Helms (?) manual to find the answer.

Hope somebody knows and can post the results....
Old 09-15-2001, 03:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd like to know that two. I'm pressing the lock button twice all the time just to make sure that I have lock. Why didn't they put the beep at the first time when the lock button was pressed?
Old 09-15-2001, 06:50 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Dont you like to have the option of just having a silent light flashing first and then press the buttom again to hear the beep if necessary. BTW, are all the years TLs have the quiet beep like my 2002, or were they like my Accord where the horn beeps.
Old 09-15-2001, 07:17 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by BLEXV6
....... BTW, are all the years TLs have the quiet beep like my 2002, or were they like my Accord where the horn beeps.
I didn't know that there was any beep at all, until one time I hit the lock several times, & I heard a "BEEP". It usually takes 2-3 times to get it to beep. I don't know any option to change it. I wish it did. It also doesn't honk the horn.
Old 09-16-2001, 12:07 AM
Instructor

Re: Anyway to Make Alarm Beep First Time?

Originally posted by bioyuki
Is there anyway to make the stock alarm beep the first time you press the 'lock' button instead of the second?
There's an alarm called Hornet that's made as an add-on for OEM alarms. It adds shock sensors - dual stage with warning chirps, siren, light flash during alarm and a soft chirp when the system arms and disarms.
Was about $200 installed. Got it primarily for the shock sensors for headlight tampering.
Old 09-16-2001, 12:13 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Anyway to Make Alarm Beep First Time?

Originally posted by eggbert

There's an alarm called Hornet that's made as an add-on for OEM alarms. It adds shock sensors - dual stage with warning chirps, siren, light flash during alarm and a soft chirp when the system arms and disarms.
Was about $200 installed. Got it primarily for the shock sensors for headlight tampering.
If you wanted shock sensors you could have done it yourself...

http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=1&t=010927
Old 09-16-2001, 05:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

can u give us a lil bit more info about the Hornet system?
Old 09-16-2001, 08:16 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by lilboykorea
can u give us a lil bit more info about the Hornet system?
This is the model I got, the one refered to as a keyless entry upgrade:

http://www.directed.com/security/hornet/horn_ke.html

There are others, including a remote start version that's really cool but it was a few hundred more:

http://www.directed.com/security/hornet/index.html
Old 09-16-2001, 10:47 PM
Racer

Its no longer stock.

Eggbert, I guess now you have to change your sig....since you got the Hornet alarm.
Old 09-16-2001, 10:54 PM
Instructor

Re: Its no longer stock.

Originally posted by TLS RULZ
Eggbert, I guess now you have to change your sig....since you got the Hornet alarm.
drats!

well, it'll always _look_ stock :p
Old 09-26-2001, 01:10 AM
Instructor

Maybe...

>> Is there anyway to make the stock alarm beep the first time you press the 'lock' button instead of the second? <<

Hm when I was reading the owners manual for the '98 CL I bought, it mentioned there is a way to set the remote so the alarm will beep or not beep. Don't know if it will work for our TLs. I'll check the manual when I get back there and see exactly what to do to set it. If it works for the TL remote I'll post it.
Old 09-26-2001, 09:05 AM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Question

WHY?

I personally find all the beeping, squeaking, honking very irritating, nearly as bad as people who feel compelled to run their car stereos at mega watts, even when they are in the 7-11 buying their 40's of Colt 45.
Old 09-29-2001, 05:14 AM
Banned

Cool Little story

Tell you guys a little something funny...the beep that my 2k2 TL-S makes when you lock it twice, and keep pressing it...sounds JUST like the beep that our crosswalks here in Austin, TX make for the blind. Now...I ALWAYS park in a space right next to the busiest intersection's corner...and can just IMAGINE what is probably gonna happen one day:

"Come on Lassie, my seeing eye dog...it's green"
"Ruff! <no!>"
"What the...<CRASH> AAAAAAAAHHHH <WHUMP, Timmy lands>!!!!"
"Oh no! Not little Timmy! He was so young...oh God!"

I smell lawsuits for Acura already

Austin519
Old 09-29-2001, 07:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Question

Does that mean you can't use the OEM remote?
Old 09-29-2001, 07:52 AM
Pro

Even funnier - the beep on my Saab 9-3 sounds like a whistle, and it seems as if once a week I set the alarm, and some chick thinks I'm whistling at her :-)
Old 09-29-2001, 12:40 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

How about making a beep when we press open??
Just like LEXUS & TOYOTA..
Old 11-20-2001, 06:53 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

AHAHAH! Yeah! make a beep when you press open! Actually....I'm gonna thinking of jacking the lexus brain....horn..watever....to see if I can make it work. haha..i'm trying so hard just to get the nice beep...i think I'll just go to the aftermarket like usual.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
One of my cars is a 2001 Honda Accord EX. The factory alarm is about the same as the TL's (of course, same manufacturer!). In order to hear the beep, you have to press the button on your key fob twice, even though the first press locks the doors. I find this irritating as well, but not irritating enough to buy a new alarm system.
Old 11-20-2001, 08:11 PM
Pro

Re: Anyway to Make Alarm Beep First Time?

Originally posted by bioyuki
Is it really that hard to push the button one more time??
Old 11-20-2001, 11:25 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

hahaha.....it's not that hard to press it twice...but I mean....wouldn't it just be simpler to just press it once? I prefer pressing it once instead of twice. I think It's stupid. press it once..no noise....press it a second time to check if it's locked....most of the people I know always check...so they shouldv'e just made it one press.

neuronbob, I don't recall the Accord's getting the nice beep noise....how interesting.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:01 AM
Banned

Originally posted by ElegantTL
[B]hahaha.....it's not that hard to press it twice...but I mean....wouldn't it just be simpler to just press it once? I prefer pressing it once instead of twice. I think It's stupid. press it once..no noise....press it a second time to check if it's locked....most of the people I know always check...so they shouldv'e just made it one press./B]
Honda can't please everyone. I believe I read somewhere that Honda (and others) got several complaints from owners that live in housing/apartment complexes saying that all the alarm arming/disarming was too noisy in populated areas. People wanted a way to silently lock/arm the cars so as to not disturb everyone with the beeping. Noise pollution at its worst, apparently. Most aftermarket alarms will let you silently arm/disarm if you choose. So Honda set it up to silently disarn/arm by default. If you want to hear it beep you gotta make it. Thank all the politically correct folks out there. Ford did this as well. It's much more important on those cars that use the regular car horn for a confirmation beep. Now *that* can get annoying.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:10 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I used to have the Viper alarm in my Integra and at night, I would be driving behind someone and set off the alarm, which made the Police siren noise and flash my headlights and fogs and high beam just to be funny. People have actually pulled over to the side for me.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:32 AM
Intermediate

Silent Lock

Personally, I like the fact that you can lock the car without that annoying beep. If I need an audio confirmation, I just hit the button again. I also like the sound that it makes when it does beep, not the horn, or the annoying double chirp that so many aftermarket alarms use.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:13 AM
Intermediate

As a soon to be owner of a TL-S (I think next week the salesguy and I are going to close the deal as the car is now on the lot), I have to tell you that Acura could have simply done what Nissan did on my 1999 Maxima.

When you use the remote to lock the doors, the turn signal lights flash. No beep, just a visible flash...it works and it is P.C.

How simple that solution is for all.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:24 AM
Banned

Originally posted by sklongis
As a soon to be owner of a TL-S (I think next week the salesguy and I are going to close the deal as the car is now on the lot), I have to tell you that Acura could have simply done what Nissan did on my 1999 Maxima.

When you use the remote to lock the doors, the turn signal lights flash. No beep, just a visible flash...it works and it is P.C.

It already does that. The complaint is from those who want the beep in addition to the flash.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:37 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by sklongis

Right, it already does that...you have to hit the button a second time to get it to beep, and some folks would like it to beep the first time.

My brother has a 2001 Maxima, and his horn beeps on the first press of the button when he locks his car; annoying in my opinion.
Old 11-21-2001, 01:01 PM
Intermediate

Good thing I posted as a "soon to be TL-S owner. I will be satisfied with just the light flash as I am able to just "give a look". The audio chirp is excess, but then that is just my humble opinion.
Old 11-26-2001, 12:25 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The beep on the second push of the button is actually to inform you that you have activated the "auto arm" function. Normally, the doors won't lock or the alarm won't arm unless you push the button or lock the doors. If you push the button twice, you will hear a beep and the auto arm mode will be active. When in this mode, the doors will lock and the alarm will arm about 20 -40 seconds after you close the last door. This won't happen if the car is running or someone is sitting in the drivers seat- so don't worry about locking your keys in the car. To de-activate this mode- just unlock the doors with the key and you will return to normal operation. While in auto-arm mode, you can still use the remote to lock and unlock as usual. This is explained in the owners manual.