Anyone know how to make an alternating headlight flash?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 03:57 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone know how to make an alternating headlight flash?

I come up to sooo many people driving 50 in a 70 in the fast lane. It really ticks me off sometimes. And of course they wont move over if you flash your lights at them cuz they just want to be stubborn jerks. But I saw a car that could flash the headlights in a alternating fashion... meaning it would look like a cop barreling down and them, hence they would move over. I know you cant put any other kind of lights (blue or red) otherwise the cops would be all over you. But if it's only the headlights, then no one would know that you have that kind of mod. Anyone know how this could be possible???
Old 04-23-2001, 04:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

I dont know if you have ever heard of a Company called J.C. Whitney, but they have the relay to do this. Its a mail order parts company. I thinks is like $50 or something.
However, its illegal to do this(in New York, dont know about anywhere else) so if you do it be careful. And if you get caught just play dumb.

------------------
Tom

2001 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL

Comptech springs,Comptech drop in filter (on order),Inspire tailights,Burlwood shift knob,Razo carbon fiber pedals,Inspire fog light switch (no fogs yet),BEL 870 radar detector
Old 04-23-2001, 04:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

that's cool.....but i won't put those on.I'll get somethink to shot his rear tires.

------------------
2000 3.2TL Firepepper red w/o nav
stock spoiler
Comtech springs
Custom front Grill
Bosch 4+ platinum spark plug
25% Tint/Mud guards/
acura-tl.com sticker at front windshield
Old 04-23-2001, 04:25 PM
Racer

I just thought it might be cool to have you headlights on.... and when you come up to a slow person just make them kinda flash for maybe 10 seconds until they move. Just give them the clue that they are being selfish in hogging the lane. I dont doubt one bit that it is illegal, but like I said it's one of the mods that you can hide cuz no one can see it or know you have it unless you flip the switch (which will be well hidden!)
Old 04-23-2001, 04:57 PM
Safety Car

Don't the HIDs have to arc with a lot of power to turn on? Flashing them might be bad. Flashing the high beams would be cool. But why not just get a police strobe kit? Its probably just as illegal as any other flashing lights. Expensive though.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.natestl.com/images/sigs/big/sig1big.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A>
Nate's ride 2001 Silver TL (non-navi), 19x8.0 +47 Alstadt IVs w/ Yokohama AVS Sport 235/35ZR19, SuperCrystal lug nuts, Inspire wood steering wheel & tails, 2 burlwood dash kits & shift knob, TL-S AC trim, Alumapro BP-10 sub & ZX400TI Phoenix Gold amp, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), blue alarm LEDs, factory spoiler & body kit, Mugen grill, black chrome emblems, Solaris 9005 high beams, AEM short ram intake, Comptech sways, springs & exhaust, Apex'i V-AFC with custom install.

Arriving April 30th: crossdrilled rotors, Metal Master brake pads
Ordered April 17th: Comptech headers, iridium spark plugs
On the way: Polarg dome and map lights
------------------
"Deadly to the eyes, worth seeing."
Old 04-23-2001, 05:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nate, where did you get your polarg lights from? And what # Polarg is the dome light?
Old 04-23-2001, 05:18 PM
Racer

your right... I thought about that one. I wouldnt want to burn out my HID lights just yet! But the high beams could be a lot better, and cheaper. Especially if it's dark out, I dont want my headlights turning off and on, I want them to stay on. What all is in a police strobe kit? Does it add more stuff to the front of the car? Cuz that would be a dead give-a-way to cops that you have some kind of mod. I am trying to figure a way that doesnt involve changing the look of the grill, making sure everything looks normal.
Old 04-23-2001, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProduc...jsp?item=FS039

That should be a link to them online, it is $19.99 cheap enough, I'm not sure how much the fine is though..

If that link didn't work try the root http://www.galls.com it is where all the police depts get their gear, you can order ANYTHING the cops have, you just use it legally. The item you are looking for is called "wig Wag head lights" Good luck, have fun, and it is a GREAT idea..

Originally posted by ChaosityZ:
I come up to sooo many people driving 50 in a 70 in the fast lane. It really ticks me off sometimes. And of course they wont move over if you flash your lights at them cuz they just want to be stubborn jerks. But I saw a car that could flash the headlights in a alternating fashion... meaning it would look like a cop barreling down and them, hence they would move over. I know you cant put any other kind of lights (blue or red) otherwise the cops would be all over you. But if it's only the headlights, then no one would know that you have that kind of mod. Anyone know how this could be possible???
Old 04-23-2001, 05:32 PM
Advanced

Wink

When I encounter a slow poke on my satilite GPS, infrared, nightvision display, I deploy the laser guided cruise missles from my fog blanks

------------------
99' LGM, H&R Sport Springs, Comptech sways, 37% Platinum+, AEM SRI, Inspire tailend, Custom grill, Gigalux bulbs: BW 401 front corners and BW 501 rear blinkers, Polarg M-6 reverse lights, Polarg M-4 map, door, license plate bulbs

Our reality is only a faint shadow of the truth
Old 04-23-2001, 05:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by dagg:
http://www.galls.com/shop/viewProduc...jsp?item=FS039

That should be a link to them online, it is $19.99 cheap enough, I'm not sure how much the fine is though..

It says "NOT FOR USE WITH FOREIGN VEHICLES"

------------------

1999 Firepepper Red
Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs/02 Tails/Altstadt I's on order

More Pics
Moderator Acura-TL.com Tires/Wheels Forum
Old 04-23-2001, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Keep looking, maybe they make one for foreign vehicles.

Originally posted by adamyankee:
It says "NOT FOR USE WITH FOREIGN VEHICLES"

------------------
dag
2002 TL Black, Parchment, Navi!