Anyone know a GOOD auto glass shop in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 10:59 PM
Ex-Mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Anyone know a GOOD auto glass shop in NYC?

ARGH!
I went to eat with my girlsfriend tonight and when I went back to my car the rear passenger window was broken. I have tint so the glass was pretty much together and was on the floor. They didnt take my headrests. First I thought my radio and flip out monitor were gone but they were there. I think my mind was making me see things because I was nervous. When I parked I noticed an old riced up Maxima with chrome wheels double parked full of kids and they were staring at me and I was staring back. Maybe they did it because of that. They could have broken my windshield or keyed up my car though. Why would they break the side window? Well, they didnt take anything so I guess I'm lucky in a way. Anyone know a good auto glass shop in NYC? I live in Brooklyn but I'll go to Queens or Staten Island. I'm not going through insurance for a window and the dealer is gonna charge me alot. If anyone knows a shop please let me know.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:57 AM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i could send you to the place i went to awhile back for my window.. but its in the boogie down. if you interested
Old 01-14-2002, 12:22 PM
Ex-Mod

Originally posted by VICNYC_TL
i could send you to the place i went to awhile back for my window.. but its in the boogie down. if you interested
Thanks Vic but I found a shop in Brooklyn who even got me a factory window. I'm waiting right now for him to call me so I can go back and get it installed.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Who Needs a Type-S?

You can go to Willets-Point in Queens next to Shea Stadium, they will probly do it for around a 100-150 bucks. There's no point in paying for factory glass because there is no difference
Old 01-14-2002, 06:41 PM
Ex-Mod

Originally posted by TuRb0MiKeY
You can go to Willets-Point in Queens next to Shea Stadium, they will probly do it for around a 100-150 bucks. There's no point in paying for factory glass because there is no difference
I got it for $170 installed in Brooklyn. Its not factory though. I compared it to the other side, no difference whatsoever. The only thing is the Honda writing. No big deal. I even had it tinted today for $20. The dealer wanted $240 just for the glass and about $100 to install. To top that all off, they couldnt do it till next week.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:42 PM
Ex-Mod

Thanks for the info anyway TuRb0MiKeY.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Anyone know a GOOD auto glass shop in NYC?

Originally posted by 96TL
When I parked I noticed an old riced up Maxima with chrome wheels double parked full of kids and they were staring at me and I was staring back. Maybe they did it because of that.
Sounds like they were testing your car to see if you have an alarm. I would be careful about where you park. A few years back my brothers truck got broken into. They drove by and shot the drivers window with a bb gun, but they didnt get in thru that door. They used a slim jim to open the passenger side door. Cop said they probably broke the window to see if an alarm would go off.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:40 PM
Ex-Mod

Re: Re: Anyone know a GOOD auto glass shop in NYC?

Originally posted by NBP TL

Sounds like they were testing your car to see if you have an alarm. I would be careful about where you park. A few years back my brothers truck got broken into. They drove by and shot the drivers window with a bb gun, but they didnt get in thru that door. They used a slim jim to open the passenger side door. Cop said they probably broke the window to see if an alarm would go off.
I said the same thing also. Scary thought. I dont really park there too much though but you never know. My car sticks out like a sore thumb. I think its time for a REAL alarm. Not this factory crap.