Anyone going to Pro Tint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 12:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone going to Pro Tint?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone is going to Pro Tint any time soon. EleganTL, did you get your tint yet? I have an appointment with them tomorrow @ 11:00am, $140.00 (titanium tint). Also, getting that acide treatment thingy to get rid of the black dots (extra $30). Still a little hesitant on that since it's not my car - My GF is out of town and she's gonna kill me if something happens to her car. Anyone out there who went to Pro Tint get rid of their black dots in the back window? Pics? How about this as a Valentine's present? TIA

Regards,
Mike H.
Old 02-14-2002, 01:00 PM
Pro

You mean the Pro Tint in Temple City?
Old 02-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Instructor

yup, that's the one. There was a huge discussion about tinting in way back in December, and EleganTL was in on the deal, now since he has his car, I wonder if he's done it already.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:22 PM
Pro

I had my TL and I30t done at that place. The work is good and the price is reasonable.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:07 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't tinted my car yet..hehe! After 450 miles...i lowered it today! anyway...I might not go to Pro Tint. I have another place...i know the guy very well, and I might just get the tint from him..I bet I can get a madd crazy price on it. so yeah. maybe $100 for Quantum. I don't like that Titanium..it's just black with a mirrorish look. Let me know if you want to do it at my place...we can get a better price also.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:13 PM
Burning Brakes

get rid of the black dots??? Arent they for radio reception, so wouldnt get rid of them mess things up???
Old 02-14-2002, 10:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

radio reception? our attena is the lines across the rear window, now those black dots. those are to cover up the intersaction between the window and the body i believe. cosmetic stuff
Old 02-14-2002, 11:46 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by ElegantTL
I haven't tinted my car yet..hehe! After 450 miles...i lowered it today! anyway...I might not go to Pro Tint. I have another place...i know the guy very well, and I might just get the tint from him..I bet I can get a madd crazy price on it. so yeah. maybe $100 for Quantum. I don't like that Titanium..it's just black with a mirrorish look. Let me know if you want to do it at my place...we can get a better price also.
Nah, that's cool. I was going to give this as a valentine present for my GF and she's coming back from her business trip tomorrow. My only chance to have the car is tomorrow. Thanks though. I'll see if they can switch it to Quantum (if they have it). What's the difference? I might re-do my car, I didn't get rid of those tiny black dots and it's slowly bubbling up. Where is your place at? Let me know when you plan on going and I'll think about it.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:16 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Oooh yeah! your gf's car! HEHE! Well...my Accord has the DOT Matrix(the black dots) on it, and my tint is sticking so well. 2 years now. Quantum is a pure reflective metallic tint. it's the greenish one. Looks like the ones on the Lexus RX300. My Place is on San Gabriel Blvd. If you still consider it..I can take you tomorrow and get you the best price. But it's up to you. PM me if you reconsider.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:48 AM
Instructor

Oooh yeah! your gf's car! HEHE! Well...my Accord has the DOT Matrix(the black dots) on it, and my tint is sticking so well. 2 years now. Quantum is a pure reflective metallic tint. it's the greenish one. Looks like the ones on the Lexus RX300. My Place is on San Gabriel Blvd. If you still consider it..I can take you tomorrow and get you the best price. But it's up to you. PM me if you reconsider.
Dang! That's too far. I'm in the Monrovia area tomorrow so I thought I'd get the tint done there as well since I'm already there. I think I'll just cough up the extra cash and just go with Titanium. I don't like the look of the green tint. Plus my GF likes my tint which is titanium I believe. Thanks though. Oh yeah, I was reading your other thread... Nice pics. Question, how did you do the fog light mod? Are there instructions for it?
Old 02-15-2002, 12:54 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Originally posted by Mike H.

Dang! That's too far. I'm in the Monrovia area tomorrow so I thought I'd get the tint done there as well since I'm already there. I think I'll just cough up the extra cash and just go with Titanium. I don't like the look of the green tint. Plus my GF likes my tint which is titanium I believe. Thanks though. Oh yeah, I was reading your other thread... Nice pics. Question, how did you do the fog light mod? Are there instructions for it?
That's cool then! I'll roll by Pro Tint to see if your car is there. If you see me..make sure you come up and say wussup.

Thanks man. The fog light mod is easy. Just click on the FAQ on this site, there is instructions. have fun.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:58 AM
Instructor

That's cool then! I'll roll by Pro Tint to see if your car is there. If you see me..make sure you come up and say wussup.

Thanks man. The fog light mod is easy. Just click on the FAQ on this site, there is instructions. have fun.
Cool. I have an appointment for 10:30-11:00am tomorrow. I'll be waiting for me so I'll be the one sitting in the lounge reading a magazine .
Old 02-15-2002, 01:02 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Originally posted by Mike H.

Cool. I have an appointment for 10:30-11:00am tomorrow. I'll be waiting for me so I'll be the one sitting in the lounge reading a magazine .
Blah! That's too early for me! haha! I'll be awake most likely..but i'll be sitting in front of the TL web site like usual. I'll stop by a little later then that..since they can't finish the tint that quick. hehe. see ya tomorrow dood.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:08 AM
Instructor

Blah! That's too early for me! haha! I'll be awake most likely..but i'll be sitting in front of the TL web site like usual. I'll stop by a little later then that..since they can't finish the tint that quick. hehe. see ya tomorrow dood.
HAHA!!! I know what you mean. I never get to work before 10:00. Tomorrow is considered early for me since I'm driving all the way from the valley (118 fwy). BTW, since you brought it up, how far is your tint place from Pro Tint? I thought I knew where San Gabriel Blvd is but I guess not. If your guy does a good job as well and I can get it cheaper (and he gets rid of the black dots and I can change the tint), I'll go with your guy. We can do both cars tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:15 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Mike, you got a PM
Old 04-01-2002, 09:12 PM
the last one alive

Mike

Just curious how the tint turned out- esp the matrix portion? I'm looking to get my car tinted within the next few weeks too.