Any good places to install springs in LA area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002 | 02:00 AM
Instructor

Any good places to install springs in LA area?

I just ordered a set of Eibach prokits... should be here in a few days. I went to my local shop in the Valley today, and they told me that it would cost $160 to install springs on a TL. I don't know if that's a good price, but sounds a little high to me. Plus, I don't know if I trust their work.

Does anyone in the LA area know of any places that can install springs well and for a decent price?

much thanks,
UCLAtl
Old 07-11-2002 | 02:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

you go to ucla too huh? well impex in alhambra will do install for 80 bucks, one of the cheapest you can find out there. want details? email me henrykuo@ee.ucla.edu
Old 07-12-2002 | 01:39 AM
Pro

Chris? Is that you?
What place did you go in the valley?
I think $125 is reasonable for a decent place to install springs. But remember, you have to get a computerized 4-wheel alignment afterwards.
So, if the $160 is including that, not a bad price.
Maybe you can ask bobatimez where a good place may be in the westside?
Old 07-12-2002 | 11:01 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Originally posted by socal28
Chris? Is that you?
What place did you go in the valley?
I think $125 is reasonable for a decent place to install springs. But remember, you have to get a computerized 4-wheel alignment afterwards.
So, if the $160 is including that, not a bad price.
Maybe you can ask bobatimez where a good place may be in the westside?
It's better to get 4 wheel alignment about couple of weeks after you install the springs. (After the spring settles in.)
Old 07-12-2002 | 05:55 PM
Instructor

Yup, it's me Chris. Still here hangin out in Westwood. =)

I'm so glad I decided to finally lower my car... it's just that the install was quoted as a lot more than I expected. I went to OHC in the Valley, who hasn't impressed me too much to begin with, but I don't know of that many places to go. Lawrence emailed me but he got his springs a few years ago in Alhambra... think he paid $120. Hey Henry, I got your email. I'll probably be giving him a call... if that deal is for real and he's a good installer, I'm gonna definitely take it out to him... only a 40-45 minute drive...

UCLAtl
Old 07-12-2002 | 06:58 PM
Pro

I've dealt with OHC before. Let's just say I don't goto them anymore! Who did you talk to? Kerry?
Another place to try in the Valley is F1 Motorsport in N. Hollywood. They are ok, I bought my BBS wheels from them and it was a hassel! I haven't done any service there though. But seems like they do alot of high end cars there! M BMW's, AMG Benzs, Ferrari's, etc.
I think I remember Frank quoting me something about $120 for installing my Zeals before.
(818)755-9800
Old 07-12-2002 | 07:03 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by UCLAtl
Yup, it's me Chris. Still here hangin out in Westwood. =)

I'm so glad I decided to finally lower my car... it's just that the install was quoted as a lot more than I expected. I went to OHC in the Valley, who hasn't impressed me too much to begin with, but I don't know of that many places to go. Lawrence emailed me but he got his springs a few years ago in Alhambra... think he paid $120. Hey Henry, I got your email. I'll probably be giving him a call... if that deal is for real and he's a good installer, I'm gonna definitely take it out to him... only a 40-45 minute drive...

UCLAtl
Try Northridge Tire Pros over on Reseda Blvd (in the Valley). I lowered my Maxima there a few years back. I forgot how much they charged me but they do a good job. I was there this morning getting new tires for my mom's car and they performed a 6-inch lift on an Avalanche. I saw the tech do it, that takes skills.
Old 07-12-2002 | 09:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Chris you can ask around, specially among chinese people in LA area who mod their cars, Impex is quite famous in the alhambra / san gabriel area. they know tons about cars and imho they do great jobs. don't get me wrong, i have nothing to do with them. i got my stuff installed there and i gave my thumbs up to them

and you live around westwood right?! if you choose the right time (not during peak hours) to go to alhambra, it shouldn't take you more than 25 mins!!!!!!! it's only a 20 miles drive, and i always make it in about 20 mins.
Old 07-12-2002 | 10:26 PM
Instructor

call progressive image auto salon over on westwood and pico they're right down the street from you, ask for Gary or Ed and tell em Bobby sent you. they'll quote u a good price.
Old 07-12-2002 | 10:47 PM

Do not go to OHC! I REPEAT! DO NOT GO TO OHC!

Ive dealt with Kerry and the rest of the shop people. First off they act like they are too good to do business with you, unless you drive a serious race car.

Secondly they dont give a sh#t about you unless you spend thousands of dollars. I ordered an intake from them : It took 2 months for them to go down to AEM, and they ended up getting me the wrong intake (AV6 intake). I go in to explain that the intake doesnt fit and they dont take me seriously... They acted like I didnt know what I was talking about!!!!$#@$!#!$!$!!!!

I also ordered AEM power pulleys and they ended up getting me the AV6 (accord) pullies. Not only did these pullies take longer than the intake, I had to wait another month after i returned the first set.

OHC seriously needs to work on their customer service, they have lost soo much business due to their attitude. Im glad im not the only one who was treated like sh*t.

OHC quoted $175 a wheel for springs or coilovers. I asked why so much , and they told me that all their work is professional. PSSSH!!!!

So I went over to Shawn at Pit Crew and he hooked me up with Vince over at F1 motorsport in N. Hollywood. Vince did it in 2 hours and I only paid $100 for comptech spring installation since he worked on my friends car.
F1 also worked on my friends show car = 2002 Mercedes S500 - Fully Brabus body kit - exhaust !!!- Air Suspension - Slammed on 20 inch rims!!!
Brabus - Flared Fenders - 4 inch drop!!!:wow: THIS THING IS A STRAIGHT BALLERZ PIMP MOBILE! Makes my car look like a piece of sh*t next to it!
He spent 20,000 at F1 and lemme tell you... Hes won a lot of shows and he definetly is only 21 HAH!
Old 07-12-2002 | 11:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Wheel Warehouse in Anaheim installed mine. Make sure you get the camber adjustment kit. You'll need it. Also, the four wheel alignment is a must. They did an great job the FIRST time for my '02 Type S. Ask for John Miller.
Old 07-12-2002 | 11:07 PM
Drifting

most san gabriel valley shops will do it for about $80...a couple of tl peeps did their cars at impex and not a bad experience yet.

no, i don't work for them!
Old 07-13-2002 | 08:42 PM
Pro

damn thats not cool...about four years ago i got my kit from there painted and install(for a good deal tho)...took two months for them to paint it...then after that... the paint chip the day i took it home and took it back and took two more months to paint again. then my wing too about 3 months and got painted three times to get it right~ DONT GO THERE~ they suck my nutz
They LAG like a mother

by the way..kerry dont own the shop anymore~ he sold it about a year ago.

Originally posted by Edr0e
Do not go to OHC! I REPEAT! DO NOT GO TO OHC!

Ive dealt with Kerry and the rest of the shop people. First off they act like they are too good to do business with you, unless you drive a serious race car.

Secondly they dont give a sh#t about you unless you spend thousands of dollars. I ordered an intake from them : It took 2 months for them to go down to AEM, and they ended up getting me the wrong intake (AV6 intake). I go in to explain that the intake doesnt fit and they dont take me seriously... They acted like I didnt know what I was talking about!!!!$#@$!#!$!$!!!!

I also ordered AEM power pulleys and they ended up getting me the AV6 (accord) pullies. Not only did these pullies take longer than the intake, I had to wait another month after i returned the first set.

OHC seriously needs to work on their customer service, they have lost soo much business due to their attitude. Im glad im not the only one who was treated like sh*t.

OHC quoted $175 a wheel for springs or coilovers. I asked why so much , and they told me that all their work is professional. PSSSH!!!!

So I went over to Shawn at Pit Crew and he hooked me up with Vince over at F1 motorsport in N. Hollywood. Vince did it in 2 hours and I only paid $100 for comptech spring installation since he worked on my friends car.
F1 also worked on my friends show car = 2002 Mercedes S500 - Fully Brabus body kit - exhaust !!!- Air Suspension - Slammed on 20 inch rims!!!
Brabus - Flared Fenders - 4 inch drop!!!:wow: THIS THING IS A STRAIGHT BALLERZ PIMP MOBILE! Makes my car look like a piece of sh*t next to it!
He spent 20,000 at F1 and lemme tell you... Hes won a lot of shows and he definetly is only 21 HAH!
Old 07-15-2002 | 01:05 AM
Drifting

If you're willin to drive down to Gardena/Torrance area, you should go check out:

ES Mortorsports
310-891-3738

They installed mine for $100. (Well, it's not the cheapest.. but still pretty good.)

-------------------------------------------
2000 Silver TL, Non-Navi
E-Mail:slvrtl@acura-tl.com
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/slvrtl/
Old 07-15-2002 | 12:36 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Mike H.

Try Northridge Tire Pros over on Reseda Blvd (in the Valley). I lowered my Maxima there a few years back. I forgot how much they charged me but they do a good job. I was there this morning getting new tires for my mom's car and they performed a 6-inch lift on an Avalanche. I saw the tech do it, that takes skills.
I took my TL there to get my Comptech springs installed. I didn't have a good experience there. They didn't know how to take the back seat out to get to the rear setup. There were grease finger prints all over the rear subwoofer fabric cover, top of my seats, etc.
I never went there again!
Old 07-15-2002 | 08:06 PM
Instructor

Hey, thanks for all the info guys! It's great to see so many fellow LA TL'ers on this forum! I remember back in the early days of this board when nobody would reply to a post like this 'cept socal28... thanks!

Yeah, I really don't want to do my install at OHC. They messed up my WW paint and install. Took four months to paint and install it since they kept on having to repaint it cuz the quality was so bad. And they screwed up the install the 1st time too... punched holes in the wrong places on my trunk...

The only reason I went to them this time is cuz they're prices are usually reasonable, and they ar ethe only place I really know cuz I'm from the Valley originally. But now that I heard about Impex, I'll probably go there... I'll check out the Westwood shop too cuz they're closer...

It's nice to have a forum where we can complain about poor-quality shops so others don't have to go thru the same pain we do... and we can divert business where it should go.. to top-quality businesses!

UCLAtl