Another set of HIDs stole

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 12:04 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another set of HIDs stolen

This is getting out of hand. One of my girlfriend's coworkers who has the TL-S got his HIDs stolen last night around the Parsipanny, NJ area. I don't know about anyone else in NJ but I'm definitely starting to get a bit paranoid about the HIDs. If I ever catch some motherf#cker jacking my lights, I'm gonna beat the living f*ck out of the bastard!!! Just when thought all this HID theft crap was dying down.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:24 PM
Pro

I dont see why they stealing them for. its not that easy for them to put it in their. The beam will off by a mile. probally its them dumb kids with civics.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:34 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FOCK! I drive around that area a lot.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Will insurance cover that....What is your guy's insurance a year wit a TL in NJ. I live in FL and mine is about 3k a year.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:47 AM
Racer

Insurance will cover the cost of that minus the comprehensive deductible (did I spell that right?). I thought NJ was supposed to have the highest insurance rates. I pay 2600 a year, and I have no points on my license, but I am 22. Wow 3k in Florida is a lot.. right?
Old 01-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Safety Car

Well I got my TL at 17, and last summer I got into a lil accident.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Last night I was going out to dinner and I noticed a Honda Civic with some funky looking HID's. Sure enough he pulled into the same parking lot as me and when he left his car I went up to look at his lights. Well, they were definetly off a TL. My buddy who is an LA County Sheriff's officer was with me and he started questioning these two idiots that drove the carn when they came out of the restaurant. Some more cops showed up and ended up busting the guys for driving a stolen car and having all kinds of stolen car parts in the trunk (at least three sets of TL HIDs from what I saw). I hope I helped to put a dent in the headlight theft problem.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by aepiua
Last night I was going out to dinner and I noticed a Honda Civic with some funky looking HID's. Sure enough he pulled into the same parking lot as me and when he left his car I went up to look at his lights. Well, they were definetly off a TL. My buddy who is an LA County Sheriff's officer was with me and he started questioning these two idiots that drove the carn when they came out of the restaurant. Some more cops showed up and ended up busting the guys for driving a stolen car and having all kinds of stolen car parts in the trunk (at least three sets of TL HIDs from what I saw). I hope I helped to put a dent in the headlight theft problem.
Good job bro... keep it up.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Right on!!!! Every little bit helps. Hope their able to trace the lights to the owners to the insurance company can sue them.... They gotta recoup some of these costs to keep our insurance from blowing through the roof.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Racer

down worry NJ guys... apparently the craze has moved to Long Island. For all you Long Island guys, I was coming home from my school driving along Northern Blvd on my way back to Queens and in Manhassat there's this body shop (Body Works for those of you familiar) by the big Macy's and there it was... an eyeless satin silver TL That was the first TL I had seen eyeless since they started stealing our lights and it made me feel like crap! I'm definitely kicking someone's ass if they touch mine
Old 01-25-2002, 03:30 PM
Intermediate

YOU GUYS THINK THAT'S BAD???? DOWN HERE IN BROOKLYN THAT HAPPANED TO ME TWICE ALREADY ONCE IN JUNE AND LAST WEEK. i MISS MY TL SO BAD I NEVER KNEW I WOULD MISS IT LIKE THIS. I HAVEN'T HAD IT FOR A WEEK ALREADY AND IT MIGHT TAKE ANOTHER WEEK. THEY REALLY ****ED MY **** UP!

i'M GONNA INSTALL A FLAME THROWER CONNECTED TO THE ALARM THAT SHOULD FRY THOSE MOTHER****ERS IF THEY EVER THINK OF THAT AGAIN. kNOW I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS MEAN BY APPRECTATION FOR THE TL. (ESPECIALLY IF I SEE ONE WITH THE BODY KIT AND SPOILER). EVERYTIME I SEE ONE I THINK OF MINE AND THINK OF HOPEFULLY GETTING IT BACK ALREADY .

jUST MY THOUGHTS AND MAYBE WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND SET THESE BASTARDS UP AND GIVE THEM THE BEATING OF THEIR LIVES.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:34 PM
Racer

Originally posted by aepiua
Good Job!!! I hope we catch all of these bastards and somehow shut down the whole operation. I didn't know this was going on in Cali though. I thought it was just a NY/NJ thing.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:37 PM
Intermediate

oh by the way yes it is coivered by insurance. Luckily 2 diferent insurance companies but this time they really ****ed it up i need to new lights and housings 2 fenders and a new hood and bumper. They quoted $4000 easily. Hope the insurance doesn't go up that much. The whole reason for this is because they want to put them in every stupid car now a days even a piece of **** oldmosmobiles and buicks. So stupid. But the main reason this is happening is because it's a very poor design by Honda to put the power box to the H.I.Ds right behind, attached to the housing so of course they take them, they take the hosuing and they have everything ballasts, hosuing but that's really what they want it's the ballasts, bulbs, and power box that what costs the money. In Lexus, MB and BMW they hide them in the engine comaprtment somewhere the pwr boxes and sometimes to the chassis so Honda better some up with another way. It's getting rediculous already.
Old 01-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by evsweat1
oh by the way yes it is coivered by insurance. Luckily 2 diferent insurance companies but this time they really ****ed it up i need to new lights and housings 2 fenders and a new hood and bumper. They quoted $4000 easily. Hope the insurance doesn't go up that much. The whole reason for this is because they want to put them in every stupid car now a days even a piece of **** oldmosmobiles and buicks. So stupid. But the main reason this is happening is because it's a very poor design by Honda to put the power box to the H.I.Ds right behind, attached to the housing so of course they take them, they take the hosuing and they have everything ballasts, hosuing but that's really what they want it's the ballasts, bulbs, and power box that what costs the money. In Lexus, MB and BMW they hide them in the engine comaprtment somewhere the pwr boxes and sometimes to the chassis so Honda better some up with another way. It's getting rediculous already.
Wow they really wanted your HID's. Wouldnt there have been alot of noise If u got a f***ed up bumper, hood, and fenders.

Did they take your PIAA foglamps to?
Old 01-25-2002, 04:29 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This has been out of hand for months now. I swear i wish i catch someone looking at my car with any intent to take anything or damage anything and i will put my fist through their f*cking chest.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

i'M GONNA INSTALL A FLAME THROWER CONNECTED TO THE ALARM THAT SHOULD FRY THOSE MOTHER****ERS IF THEY EVER THINK OF THAT AGAIN.

Old 01-25-2002, 05:26 PM
Pro

Originally posted by dnd2984
Well I got my TL at 17, and last summer I got into a lil accident.
umm what does this have to do with the topic?
Old 01-25-2002, 05:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Crav4Speed
down worry NJ guys... apparently the craze has moved to Long Island. For all you Long Island guys, I was coming home from my school driving along Northern Blvd on my way back to Queens and in Manhassat there's this body shop (Body Works for those of you familiar) by the big Macy's and there it was... an eyeless satin silver TL That was the first TL I had seen eyeless since they started stealing our lights and it made me feel like crap! I'm definitely kicking someone's ass if they touch mine
Man you past right by my place.

Anyway, last week my girl insisted we go to the Queens Mall (I hate that place!) but I was too worried about parking my car there. But I figured I'd go anyway because I don't want my car ruling my life if you know what I mean. When I did go, I waited for several minutes to get a "high traffic" parking spot and backed up into the spot. My lights were still there when I got back.....pheeew. Then I realized there were two other TL's parked in a much secluded spot. One of them even had a radar detector mounted on the windshield I don't think all TL drivers know these lights are being stolen, I mean who the hell would think we would have to worry about HEADLIGHTS

For all you guys who had their lights taken, I'm sorry to here that man. I can't imagine how you must feel Good luck, and remember.....What goes around, comes around. They'll get theirs one day!
Old 01-25-2002, 06:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Rice1304

umm what does this have to do with the topic?
I asked Mawaru does insurance cover HID and whats your insurance in NJ, and he asked why mine was higher.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

Yes they did not take the piaa those bastards. Thank god. But the reason they ruined the fenders was b/c at the end of the fenders in the front in comes to like a thin point and what they do is like stick a crow bar in there and yank the whole ****in thing out the whole casing they rip out in one piece most likely. they didn't mees up the hood that bad just alittle bent in the corners.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Instructor

Yes they did not take the piaa those bastards. Thank god. But the reason they ruined the fenders was b/c at the end of the fenders in the front in comes to like a thin point and what they do is like stick a crow bar in there and yank the whole ****in thing out the whole casing they rip out in one piece most likely. they didn't mees up the hood that bad just alittle bent in the corners.
sorry to hear that

I guess that's the way they GREET people in Brooklyn by taking your car's parts away.

All the better reason to carry a firearm . Too bad it's illegal to bear arms in Canada, but then again we don't have a need or use for firearms. Crime is such a word that it is as common as snowstorms in LA.
Old 01-26-2002, 03:07 AM
Racer

Originally posted by TUFF GONG
Man you past right by my place.
your place? You live or work around there? I pass by there every frikkin day on my way to and back from school (NYIT). Beats the hell out of taking that hideous highway called the LIE
Old 01-26-2002, 04:37 AM
Instructor

I live over the bridge on the south shore of Staten Island and I haven't seen too many TL headlight thefts out here yet (thank g-d). I know the north shore of the Island (the ghetto) has had a few. In Brooklyn it has happened in all areas though. The NY Times had an article of a guy with a CL that had his headlights stolen. The guy had the cheapest car on his block and lived in Mill Basin. Those who know Brooklyn well, know that Mill Basin is one of the better neighborhoods left there.

Everytime I hear about a headlight theft, I appreciate my garage more and more. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing my baby was outside at risk of being raped. I go into Brooklyn quite a bit and it's the worst feeling in the world to see all of the TL headlight thefts. I've seen a large number, and my friend always calls me whenever he sees one. Whenever I park in Brooklyn I am always soooo nervous and anxious until I come back to my car and see it is safe and sound.

Noam
Old 01-26-2002, 11:20 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Phatty 2K 3.2TL
Everytime I hear about a headlight theft, I appreciate my garage more and more.
And every time I hear this I'm thankful I live in a small rural town. Even though I have a garage, I could leave me car parked in my driveway unlocked with the keys in the ignition and nothing would happen to it. In fact, I'd probably wake up with a note on it from some concerned neighbor that reads, "Saw your car unlocked and decided to lock it up for you. Your keys are hidden in your mailbox along with some fresh blueberry muffins. "

You guys can have the city.

Of course, where I go to grad school twice a week, cars disappear left and right. Hence, the reason for the Clifford.
Old 01-26-2002, 01:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I'm thankful for my garage, too...and for the fact that I can see my car from where all places where I work (and check the car religiously)....I can't believe someone would steal your lights! As the lights become more downmarket, this will stop.