Air Conditioned Trunk.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Ganji, Want some?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Air Conditioned Trunk.

Guys i have a problem, have an idea for the fix but need your help to get there... i have two amps and one 12" in the back (also a cap) and it creates alot of heat in the back, (I MEAN ALOT) and i want to see if it is possible to have some sort of tubing, wiring, funneling, something that will reach the back of the car to get into the trunk, i dont know if you all know what i am talking about, but some of you will. is there a way to extend something so that i can have coool air going to the back of the car thus cooling the amps and helping them not cut out? i have a heat problem in the back of the car and its killing my shit, i am going to make an appointment to have a new setup in my car but even still, i would like to have somc cool air going in the back so that i can make sure that the amps stay cool, or lukewarm, or something.?????????????????? PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAs!!
Old 07-23-2005, 03:33 AM
Advanced

first of all, the impedence of your set up may be wrong and your having these heat issues. second, your amps may not be able to keep up w/the load your putting on them. if your sub is 4ohms make sure your amp is four ohms. if there is a diff. then you will definitly get heat issues and cutting out. if your sub has a nominal imput of 500w and a max of 1000w and your amp only puts out 250w nominal and 500w max.......again, heat issues. your asking too much of your amp. there is a third culprit, too small wiring guage. make sur your hot wire is four guage wire. you might be starving your amps of power. my point is you shouldnt need an ac hose on your shit. its expensive to cool your trunk. besides its not insulated like the cab. lots of strain on your ac. finally, if your amps are old, get new ones. older amps tend to heat up more because they do not have internal fans to cool themselves. trust me on these issues, i live in tucson az where its hot as hell, and ive had a ten speaker, three amp, four crossover sound set up that i installed in my old car..........slammin! hope you get your shit fixed
Old 07-23-2005, 03:36 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have thought about something like that also for my air compressor they tend to heat up. But i think for amps you can just add those computer fans and turn them on. My friends told me it helps the amp put if you install them right.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:39 AM
Advanced

check this link https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/brand-new-retail-sealed-communicam-mca-25-your-sony-ericsson-phones-108273/ a
Old 07-23-2005, 05:59 AM
Instructor

In my first gen. there is an oval vent that comes under the seats, I would imagin that you could use flat ventilation tubing (abs) and run it under the amp, that'd be tight, especially for those LONG rides in the trunk.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:09 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
you may want to consider buying electric computer fans to perform this function instead. most amps will be OK as long as they have some sort of airflow across them.

SSTS
Old 07-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Ganji, Want some?

Man, thats why i love acurazine! thanks for the quick responses guys, but everything is set up pretty much right. it was installed by a shop AND my amp is 1000w RMS and 1800 Peak its made by alpine and the model# is MRD-M1001
the second amp is also made by alpine and its for the highs this is the MRV-F340 and it puts out 500x4 Max
now i think my problem is that i never stay out of my car, IM ALWAYS drivin and im always blastin my radio thats what the guy at audio jam said. he said to get two fans but it wont blow cold air it will just circulate the air that's in the trunk.

well ill see my amps dont always cut out, its only happened once or twice (except for my problem) i had blown factory speakers and they were sendin a short signal to my amps and had em cut off but since i got that fixed they havent cut off, i did touch the mono amp and i did burn my arm!

The subwoofer i have is the alpine Type x and it is 4 ohm.

thanks again guys
Old 07-23-2005, 12:05 PM
2Poor 2Furious

If you really want, you can probably just run a hose and steal AC from the vents in the rear of the center console. If I'm not mistaken, there are two AC ducts in the center console, so you could take the air from one and run it into the trunk. The backseat people don't need AC blowing on them anyways!
Old 07-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by VITEK
Guys i have a problem, have an idea for the fix but need your help to get there... i have two amps and one 12" in the back (also a cap) and it creates alot of heat in the back, (I MEAN ALOT) and i want to see if it is possible to have some sort of tubing, wiring, funneling, something that will reach the back of the car to get into the trunk, i dont know if you all know what i am talking about, but some of you will. is there a way to extend something so that i can have coool air going to the back of the car thus cooling the amps and helping them not cut out? i have a heat problem in the back of the car and its killing my shit, i am going to make an appointment to have a new setup in my car but even still, i would like to have somc cool air going in the back so that i can make sure that the amps stay cool, or lukewarm, or something.?????????????????? PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAs!!
You can try the water cooling device they use for cpu processors. It acts like a radiator with coolant running through the tubing and going into the heat sink.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:01 PM
is still kickin!

off topic, but FIXEDTL do you have updated pics of your ride????
Old 07-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MeldyS26
off topic, but FIXEDTL do you have updated pics of your ride????

I will update sometime this week or next week
Old 07-23-2005, 05:20 PM
NorCal you Beezy!

Remove the bose sub and mount amps near the open space where the sub was... I seen some guy who put a fan there but I don't know where... Good luck
Old 07-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Audio Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fpique
Remove the bose sub and mount amps near the open space where the sub was... I seen some guy who put a fan there but I don't know where... Good luck
you beat me to it that was my suggestion
Old 07-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
here is something else to think about. the same duct from your vent that would help cool it in the summer may/will heat it up even more in the winter unless you disconect it