Aegean Type S at exit 13 on the Mass Pike

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aegean Type S at exit 13 on the Mass Pike

Are you on here? Whats up with pulling in behind me with your brights on? Not to mention blowing through the toll booth (15 MPH limit)?
Old 01-21-2002, 11:45 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
That may have been TLDan's car. He lives in Natick/ Framingham. Maybe he just wanted to show off his TLS infront of a S4.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:07 PM
what?

Probably TL Dan - but there's a kid in town here w/ one that has a rack on top.

I never see it parked but we pass each other all the time.

Where are those pics of your car Steve? Are you getting the 2003? (and how's the arm healing?)

(besides who really goes through the "Fast Lane" at 15 mph? not me but I promise that I watch out fot the toll booth people )
Old 01-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Racer

It was interesting b/c I passed the guy on the Pike and took a look to see it was someone I knew from one of the meets (BTW, I didn't). As I approached exit 13 in the right lane the TLS tried to take the left exit lane and go around me. He didn't pass me, but as I slowed down to go through the toll he blew past me and had to have been going 30+ through the toll booth.

Frankly, it is his risk bombing through the toll booth, I was just curious why he was trying to ride my bumper with his brights on.
Old 01-21-2002, 04:09 PM
Racer

Re: Aegean Type S at exit 13 on the Mass Pike

Originally posted by bmw74
Are you on here? Whats up with pulling in behind me with your brights on? Not to mention blowing through the toll booth (15 MPH limit)?
bmw74,

How do you like your new S4?

What do you know about the next 2004 S4?

I am interested in trading my CLS for new S4 as long as it gets an SMG and a real NAV....

What do you think ?
Old 01-21-2002, 07:14 PM
Advanced

Well, BMW74, that may have been me. However, I can't imagine driving anyone's bumber - For two reasons: One, it is dangerous and a good way to cause an accident and two, it would tick me off if I had someone do it to me. Regarding the high beams, my guess is that they were in normal mode (they are naturally extra bright and often times it does look like the high beams are on).

I was driving back from a week in NY last Friday afternoon and hit the exit 13 toll around 4:15. Anyway, if that is when you saw "me", then I must have been spacing out ( or thinking about seeing my wife after being away for the week . Regarding Fast Lane, I'm probably guilty going through greater than 15 MPH ( 30 is a bit of a stretch, though ).

Steve, I hope you are healing well and let us know what you end up buying.
Old 01-22-2002, 01:20 PM
Racer

It was Sunday night around 1030/11 PM. Whoever it was had their brights on b/c he finally turned them off when he went by. No big deal I guess, I was just trying to figure out what gives. BTW, whoever it was took a right at the first light and a right on 126 (Old Conn. Path).
Old 01-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Well, that clears up the confusion ( for me anyway ). Definately not me that late on any Sunday night. Also, I always exit towards Natick. I am curious though because I have yet to see another ABP with my options in this area. Anyway, safe driving!
Old 01-23-2002, 10:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Dan,

I've seen one with spolier and body kit a few weeks ago on Rte. 27 and I don't think that was you.

Anyway, I haven't seen any other '02 TL's around here lately except a plain black one.

John
Old 01-24-2002, 12:22 AM
Banned

You guys think they're hard to find out East? Last I knew, there's only 5 '02 TLs in all of Western MA. That was a few months ago but since there are no dealers out here at all, the cars are very rare. Which I kinda like.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:20 AM
Racer

I see quite a few, but this is the first one riding my a55 w/ his brights on....lol. There are 2 Silver TLS's in my work parking lot right now. BTW, I work in the Clocktower in Maynard.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:41 AM
Advanced

bmw74,

That's the thing about our fellow Mass-H@le drivers. The guys that drive slow get pissed when you pass them looking, then they have a thing to prove by being stoopid

The Fastlane thing is now a classic manuever by cars w/no balls. I usually cruise by them 80-90, then they get uppity. They use Tolls as equalizer. When most sane people go through at 15-25mph, these D$%#s will pass at 40+ on the right.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:07 PM
what?

I see quite a few, but this is the first one riding my a55 w/ his brights on....lol. There are 2 Silver TLS's in my work parking lot right now. BTW, I work in the Clocktower in Maynard.

My husband works there! (but he doesn't take my car very often)
Old 01-24-2002, 02:14 PM
what?

Originally posted by TWong
bmw74,

That's the thing about our fellow Mass-H@le drivers. The guys that drive slow get pissed when you pass them looking, then they have a thing to prove by being stoopid

The Fastlane thing is now a classic manuever by cars w/no balls. I usually cruise by them 80-90, then they get uppity. They use Tolls as equalizer. When most sane people go through at 15-25mph, these D$%#s will pass at 40+ on the right.
haha! proud to be a m@sshole~!

seriously - I got the fast lane tag in the summer of 2000 when my mom was sick and I was going from Hopkinton to Woburn and back again every day. You don't have to blow through the lanes at 40 to save a ton of time at the Weston tolls at 8 am on a weekday.

Now I only use it every few days, but it was the best $25 (?) i ever spent. My husband bought his via the net from NY - it was cheaper. He uses it less often than I do - but every time we do and we see you poor fools waiting in line for the guy who didn't think he needed 40 cents until he got to the booth I get a happy feeling.

Anyone that uses the Pike more than once a month is a fool not to have one.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:15 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Hi everyone, my arm and shoulder is coming along but I still have a lot of recovery to go through. I have been trying to keep active by going out and live a "normal" life but I have limitations with my arms... for now. Thank you all for your concern.

I am not sure what car I am going to get, it's a tough decision. I am looking at 1999 CLK320 and CLK 430s, E320, maybe a M3. But I will probably end up with the TL again.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Having Fun?

Originally posted by janda_janda
Anyone that uses the Pike more than once a month is a fool not to have one.
I used to have one because I traveled the pike to and fro every day. There have been two occassions of them overcharging my account. But the nail in the coffin was that my transponder id somehow was being used by someone else and they charged up 20 bux in tolls in a day. Fastlane bastards wouldn't refund it, I asked them for proof of what car/license was seen using my transponder id and they refused to reveil it if they even had it. Needless to say I have returned my fastlane do-hicky thingy.

Old 01-24-2002, 09:14 PM
Advanced

Janda-Janda, I like the clause about the 18 year old body being in the trunk. I hope all is going well with you. BTW, when we met at the meet, I thought you were atleast 21 ;-)

Steve, glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Keep us posted.

John, we have passed each other a number of times. One of these day's we'll have to stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a cup.

Regarding Fast Lane, albeit a continued tax and an on-going frustration, being able to cruise through the toll is convenient. As a reference, I mounted my "exterior" front plate mounted transponder under my grill, so you can't see it. Stay safe all!
Old 01-25-2002, 06:45 AM
what?

Originally posted by TLDan
Janda-Janda, I like the clause about the 18 year old body being in the trunk. I hope all is going well with you. BTW, when we met at the meet, I thought you were atleast 21 ;-)

Regarding Fast Lane, albeit a continued tax and an on-going frustration, being able to cruise through the toll is convenient. As a reference, I mounted my "exterior" front plate mounted transponder under my grill, so you can't see it. Stay safe all!
haha! hell, I'd be ecstatic if someone thought I still looked 35

I haven't had a single problem w/ fast lane, but I have heard about the overcharging - - if that happened to me and they didn't reverse the charges, I'm positive that I'd drop it too. Right now I get my little statement for about $5 a month and it's
Old 01-25-2002, 11:28 AM
Advanced

Hey Janda, I'm not talking about being stuck in the tolls as somebody passes me. I'm talkin 3-4 on left, closer to mid-road, some DH rips by everyone at 2x speed. I checked myself yesterday, I myself average 25 (not 15) mph.

P.S. I got the NY EZPass too, no cost/no bank account.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:27 PM
what?

Originally posted by TWong
Hey Janda, I'm not talking about being stuck in the tolls as somebody passes me. I'm talkin 3-4 on left, closer to mid-road, some DH rips by everyone at 2x speed. I checked myself yesterday, I myself average 25 (not 15) mph.

P.S. I got the NY EZPass too, no cost/no bank account.
Cool - I checked myself today when I went out to Framingham - I do about 25 too.

So i'm pulling onto the pike big semi, volvo wagon & me and the pike is wide open on all 3 lanes so of course i step on it and pull over - cracked me up - who's in the sporty car? - 41 yr old me who's in the volvo wagon? 30 yr old guy!!! LMAO he was all gesturing but i couldn't exactly make out the gesture b/c he was so far back in my rearview I wonder what he was thinking??? I guess I'll never know.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:23 PM
Advanced

As a fortunate frequent traveler of "The Pike", I have yet to have a problem with my fast lane account. The only problem I have had is with my transponder. Sometimes, when I go through Fast Lane, I see the "Call Fast Lane" light flash. I average about 25 to 30 MPH, so I may be going through too fast. Anyway, so far, no tickets and I'm not calling them ( I'm rebelling - I'm tired of listening to greetings telling me that "options have recently changed and it is important that I listen to all of the options before I make my selection")--- NOT!

Have a great and safe weekend and remember to root for the Patriots on Sunday!
Old 01-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Racer

My husband works there! (but he doesn't take my car very often)
There is a silver one (similar to yours, I have a decent memory of last spring) is there everyday, so I assume that isn't yours. BTW, what company does your husband work for?
Old 01-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Racer

Cool - I checked myself today when I went out to Framingham - I do about 25 too.

So i'm pulling onto the pike big semi, volvo wagon & me and the pike is wide open on all 3 lanes so of course i step on it and pull over - cracked me up - who's in the sporty car? - 41 yr old me who's in the volvo wagon? 30 yr old guy!!! LMAO he was all gesturing but i couldn't exactly make out the gesture b/c he was so far back in my rearview I wonder what he was thinking??? I guess I'll never know.
He was yelling "dam kids" or he was flipping you off. One of the two
Old 01-26-2002, 06:31 AM
what?

There is a silver one (similar to yours, I have a decent memory of last spring) is there everyday, so I assume that isn't yours. BTW, what company does your husband work for?
Def. not him then - he only takes it like once a month if that.

He work at Veridiem. How about you?
Old 01-26-2002, 06:33 AM
what?

He was yelling "dam kids" or he was flipping you off. One of the two

bahahaha!!! I think you are correct, sir!
Old 01-26-2002, 06:36 AM
what?

As a fortunate frequent traveler of "The Pike", I have yet to have a problem with my fast lane account. The only problem I have had is with my transponder. Sometimes, when I go through Fast Lane, I see the "Call Fast Lane" light flash. I average about 25 to 30 MPH, so I may be going through too fast. Anyway, so far, no tickets and I'm not calling them ( I'm rebelling - I'm tired of listening to greetings telling me that "options have recently changed and it is important that I listen to all of the options before I make my selection")--- NOT!

Have a great and safe weekend and remember to root for the Patriots on Sunday!
Dan - you are such a rebel!!!!!!

We knew that anyway, but you should never have told us that your son helped you decide on the mods - you should be taking full credit for the sex machine!

GO PATS!
Old 01-26-2002, 07:23 AM
Advanced

Yes, my son did help me on the mods, but if he had his way, I would also have an underbody "glow in the dark" ground effects light kit. At 45, I have already been accused of going through my second mid-life crisis and if I got the ground effects, I think my wife would have gotten me committed. BTW, the light kit does look great on my son's cougar who, by the way, is torn between between getting a BMW or a TL-S.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:17 AM
Racer

Def. not him then - he only takes it like once a month if that.

He work at Veridiem. How about you?
Monster aka Monster.com.

I hope you all enjoy our Superbowl ads, and as a Redskin fan living in NE, I hope you Pats fans get the chance to enjoy a Superbowl win.

At 45, I have already been accused of going through my second mid-life crisis and if I got the ground effects, I think my wife would have gotten me committed. BTW, the light kit does look great on my son's cougar who, by the way, is torn between between getting a BMW or a TL-S.
I know the feeling. At 27, I catch shi_ for driving a wagon or an Avant as Audi likes to call it.