A ACURA TL TYPE S RIPPED MY HEART OUT

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry A ACURA TL TYPE S RIPPED MY HEART OUT

Here it is guys.. i bought my TL in August. When i saw it in 99. i fell in love. so i saved up . and finally got it late AUGUST well i only have 3,500 miles. i hardley use the car. Everyday i go to the TL website.
ANYWAY..7 months later Rumor about a TLtypS is comming out. i was crossing my fingers hoping a TLS wont come out.. and Bam! My brother gets the broucure for a TLS and Places it on my desk. I come home and get upset. Then i look out the window... i see a TLTYPE S.. BRAND NEW... BOY DID THAT RIP MY HEART OUT AND TEAR IT TO SHREDES.!!!! IM SO PISSED... I FEEL I HAVE A CHEAP CAR COMPARED TO THE TYPE S.. IM SO UPSET. IM NOT EVEN RICH. IM JUST THE AVERAGE HARD WORKING PERSON THAT SWEATS FOR EVERYTHING I GET. ANYWAY I JUST NEEDED TO VENT!!! SORRY GUYS. HELP ME OUT SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT?????
Old 03-18-2001, 09:36 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the new TL's are fugly!

I am glad I got mine earlier.. for the differences in money you can almost fix up your car to the type S level, and looking cooler
Old 03-18-2001, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by DniCeE TL:
Here it is guys.. i bought my TL in August. When i saw it in 99. i fell in love. so i saved up . and finally got it late AUGUST well i only have 3,500 miles. i hardley use the car. Everyday i go to the TL website.
ANYWAY..7 months later Rumor about a TLtypS is comming out. i was crossing my fingers hoping a TLS wont come out.. and Bam! My brother gets the broucure for a TLS and Places it on my desk. I come home and get upset. Then i look out the window... i see a TLTYPE S.. BRAND NEW... BOY DID THAT RIP MY HEART OUT AND TEAR IT TO SHREDES.!!!! IM SO PISSED... I FEEL I HAVE A CHEAP CAR COMPARED TO THE TYPE S.. IM SO UPSET. IM NOT EVEN RICH. IM JUST THE AVERAGE HARD WORKING PERSON THAT SWEATS FOR EVERYTHING I GET. ANYWAY I JUST NEEDED TO VENT!!! SORRY GUYS. HELP ME OUT SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT?????
You're not alone, I felt the same way too when I found out the TL-S is going to come out. I purchased my TL last January and I was informed by my sales-rep that there will be no Type-S for the TL for at least another 3-4 years. The only thing that I can do right now is to save as much money as I can so I can buy a newer TL or a BMW in the near future. Just remember, we can't always have the latest or the best thing all the time.

------------------
  • 2000 Acura 3.2TL w/Navi
  • Satin Silver w/Ebony Interior
  • Factory Underbody Kit
  • Factory Spoiler
  • Mahogony Shifter
Old 03-18-2001, 09:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

DniCeE T,

you cant think like that...car makers are always going to build on top of the current model and make it better. you should just remember what made you like the car and be happy with what you got. besides, not everyone can afford a TL so you should consider yourself lucky to own one.
Old 03-18-2001, 09:44 PM
Banned

Y be sad? enjoy your car how it is...its a great car? if u really prefer the look go get a big old RL grill and have it blended in, personal i don't like the look of the TL-S, spend your money on sum mods and u'll be runnin with em all day if the power increase is the issue
Old 03-18-2001, 09:44 PM
Safety Car

Bah, you obviously haven't looked at the TL-S grill.

------------------
2001 Silver TL, non-navi, Inspire tails & wood steering wheel, 2 burlwood dash kits & shift knob, TL-S passenger vent trim, Alumapro BP-10 & ZX400TI Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), factory spoiler & body kit, AEM short ram intake, blue alarm LEDs, Mugen grill, Comptech sways, springs & exhaust, SuperCrystal lugs.

On order: 19" Alstadt IVs, 225/35ZR19 Nitto 555s.

Nate's ride
------------------
"Every man dies, not every man lives."
Old 03-18-2001, 10:03 PM
Banned

U a sheep Nate? i've seen the car b4 and IMO the new front end looks like ass, u like it buy it!!
Old 03-18-2001, 10:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

first of all...you worked for an awesome car!...congrats on the buy. Secondly...so what if someone else drives a TL-s. People also drive freakin ferrari's. Times change, cars change, oh well. Society has done a great job of making people feel like they need to have the newest things out. I know i try to stay w/ times, but it's hard, time and mostly, money consuming. I personally find the new TL's to be mis-shaped and freak like. I don't like them at all.
i guess it just sux it's your bro
------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by merlyn on March 18, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-18-2001, 10:08 PM
Safety Car

U asleep? I was talking to DNice! The grill looks like shit! I was happy it did when I looked at it.
Old 03-18-2001, 10:09 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey DniCeE TL,

Look at it this way. In a few years you can buy a newer TL-S or something better. And then your brother will be jealous of you.

Old 03-18-2001, 10:10 PM
Banned

Lol ok bro i thought there were a few blind guys roamin the boards
Old 03-18-2001, 10:19 PM
HU
Instructor

Originally posted by DniCeE TL:
I guess I feel sort of the same. When I bought my TL last October, I asked if the next year model will change. The dealer said no, the 2001 is exactly the same. He is correct... but I guess he didn't explain that the 2002 was coming out in March of 2001. I was a bit choked. There should be some rule that they can't sell 2002 cars at the beginning of 2001. It should at least be close to end of the year... ie October/November.

However, even if I would have waited, I couldn't afford the new one anyways. Therefore, I have no regrets. Besides, owning a TL is awesome in itself... regardless if it is a 2000 or 2002.

Think about it this way... next time you change cars, you will have a newer model than current buyers of the 2002.
Old 03-18-2001, 10:46 PM
Drifting

sorry dude, TL-s? it's a bit faster, but I personally dislike the new front end a lot... never liked any car with huge headlights including Cadillac DeVille... that's one great car, but not the front end. for about $500, you can get the white tail which is very sweet and awesome. performance? I'd say NOS and burn almost everything there is on the road. that'll total up at about $1300.00. I would save up for that. Don't worry man, the latest might not be the best.

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 03-18-2001, 11:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down

Man im with Nate nate and Street street on this one... The "S" is a signification for shittyness !!! Na forreal though click on tl type s on the left column of your screen, that angle pic of the grille is nasty!!! Other pix close up of it look kind of good, my car is way phatter!!! My car can hold its own my nigga ...
Shyne--All they did to the Type-S is add Supersonic spark plugs and taxed yall nigga's 12G'z for white gauges and inspire tails ...
Old 03-18-2001, 11:45 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Originally posted by HU:
I guess I feel sort of the same. When I bought my TL last October, I asked if the next year model will change. The dealer said no, the 2001 is exactly the same. He is correct... but I guess he didn't explain that the 2002 was coming out in March of 2001. I was a bit choked. There should be some rule that they can't sell 2002 cars at the beginning of 2001. It should at least be close to end of the year... ie October/November.

However, even if I would have waited, I couldn't afford the new one anyways. Therefore, I have no regrets. Besides, owning a TL is awesome in itself... regardless if it is a 2000 or 2002.

Think about it this way... next time you change cars, you will have a newer model than current buyers of the 2002.
I agree 150%!!
I think the feeling comes from the fact that it isn't even the middle of 2001 yet at they already came out with a 2002?? That is some BS I say. They could've just said 2001 1/2 Type-S. I got mine in December and already 3 months later, here is the new one..

The fact that they did this makes me feel like they just put the 2001 out there to kill time until they released the 2002. I almost feel jipped that they could have made improvements on the 01 but didn't!

The 02 isn't all that. My 01 has enough power and smoothness to make me very happy. Just think about what made you buy it in the first place.

------------------
Knowledge is potential, Action is power.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 03-19-2001, 01:05 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Man... I feel you....... But I think the grill looked really ugly....... for real!!!

Just try to remember when you first got your TL, how your brother felt, and you should feel better man.......

Besides, with all that money, you can make your TL phater, faster, and more importantly, a sleeper......

Oh... did I mention that I think the TL-S front looks like Chevy Impela.........I really think so man.....

anywayz... it's kinda late... take care....

Oh... I got the 2000TL.... F@CKING shit load of problems okay............. and I even like your 99 more.... why cuz even thought your tranny is 4 speed, you get to downshift to first gear..... unlike us... It never kicked down to first when I need it in SS mode.......

Cheers man.... I love the old TL more and more as time goes by..... I was just gonna sell it a while ago because of the shitty dealer and f@cked up engine.... but I was dating with a girl yesterday... and she asked "did you mod your eninge like crazy?" I said "nope! why?" she said "cuz your engine sounds really nice!!!" For real man... She knows cars and drives a 5speed civic...

O/T, but guys in Toronto can you explain to me why there are so many girls driving a standard?!?!?! Oh boy, are they some good drivers.... A girl "double clutch" and "heel and toe"... with all the cute look, sexy hair... and that smile..... oh.......... you should be glad that our TL only got auto tranny... cuz if you drive an auto... you get to "do something" with your right hands.. and for those girls with 5 speed, they got no hands to defense themselve while I am "attacking"... j/k.....
Old 03-19-2001, 03:10 AM
Racer

Everytime I see a late model Toyota Avalon on the road I have to do a double take to see if it's a Type-S

It doesn't resemble too much in this pic, but on the road it looks a little closer
Old 03-19-2001, 06:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Hey look at the bright side...I can't afford an NSX and I really want one. The TL is a great car. I drove the Type S and all in all. I'm keeping my base TL. Headers, exhaust & CAI & springs will surpass the level of a TL-S performance. I like the 'S' Better in person, but that grill is fugly.

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 03-19-2001, 06:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Im with you 99 TL. the new is nice, but there is something to be said about seasoned honorable veterans instead of newbies. i like you much more than those damn kids who have TLs as their workhorse cars...

------------------
Some Said, "TL Type S," Soon They Will Say, "Wannabe TL-S." Laguna METALLIC, Navi, Side Cuts, Tint All Around, Interior Footwell Lighting, Eibach ProKit, PIAA 1700x Fogs custom cut into side holes, Inspire Tails, 17" Type-S Rims with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's, Visor, Wood Shifter, Comptech Sways making me ride on rails...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...026&Auth=false
Old 03-19-2001, 08:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

I was at my dealership this weekend and they had a Type S in the showroom and i must say that the grille is horrible. Its too big and plasticky looking. I did like the seats and the silver gauges. At first i was pissed about the type s b/c i only bought my tl in sept and if i would have known i would have waited 6 months, but hey i love my car and wouldnt trade it for the type s

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
  • Comptech springs (on order)
  • Inspire tailights
  • Weapon-R hyper intake
  • Burlwood shift knob
  • Razo carbon fiber pedals
  • Inspire fog light switch (no fogs yet)
Old 03-19-2001, 08:31 AM

Just wait til the 2003 and 2004's come out.
All the TL-S people will be crying.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:46 AM
Racer

Come on guys...there will always be new stuff coming out. Just be happy with what you got. Besides...I prefer my 2001TL over TLS anyday.

------------------

2001 3.2TL with Nav
Satin Silver Metallic
Factory Rear Wing Spoiler
Old 03-19-2001, 12:25 PM
Banned

Hey DniCee TL, now you know how I feel. I work my a$$ off and all I can get (or allow myself to get) is a 1997 2.5 TL. Not to say that my car is not a cool car, but pretty much everything on this board blows my 2.5 out of the water. I am as envious of you guys as you are of the new TL-S, but it's all good though. All I can say is be happy with your '00 -- it's a great car that many people only wish they were driving.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Polyman on March 20, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-19-2001, 01:10 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Originally posted by Lawrence:
Just wait til the 2003 and 2004's come out.
All the TL-S people will be crying.
Just a thought.. don't you guys think that the 03 and 04 will be based off of this 02 model? I mean, do you think it will get better styling or worse? Won't it keep that security gate grill?

------------------
Knowledge is potential, Action is power.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Old 03-19-2001, 01:21 PM
Pro

1) 99 TL in August so you've enjoyed it for how long now? And you love the car don't ya?
2) TL-s stats are cool, but that front end is UGLY!
3) If Acura stopped making cooler and cooler cars, what would we get next after our 99 TL's need replacement?

I feel for you dude, but its always gonna be that way. The point is, enjoy your hard earned TL. It is one sweet car than more that half the peeps cant even afford. We should all count our blessings and see how lucky we truly are. besides, with a few mods, the TL-S's will be shocked when you pass them by.

Oh yeah, did I mention that the new TL-S is really UGLY. Just weanted to reiterate.

Happy motoring! PEace.

------------------
1999 Satin Silver TL Dunlop SP9000 215-45/17-mounted on CL-S 17" Rims
H&R Springs-Axiss MetalMasterPads-Crossdrilled Rotors
-Inspire Tailights-20/30/40 tint

MY2000 S2000 Honda Roadster
- Mingster Aeroscreen, Smokin Front mesh Grill, Clear Sidemarkers...
Old 03-19-2001, 04:12 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Lets face it guys, that TL-s is nicer than the TL in so many ways. I like the front grill, front lights, perforated leather. If you have the cash and you are buying a new car, The TL-s is the one. Not to belittle the people who have a TL as this is a nice car.
Old 03-19-2001, 06:29 PM
Instructor

THANKS ALOT FELLAS.. FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT I WONT DRIVE MY 2000 TL OFF THE BRIDGE ANYMORE.. LOL.

UWTL,TLCRAZE, TLLOVE888,STREETEFFECTZ,
NATE,MERLYN,BLACKSHADOW, HU,REDHOTTL,SHYNE,
EDUB-TL,SL1200MKY, PREZ 808, MIKE S,
BOBATIMEZ,NBP TL, LAWRENCE,POLYMAN,YU88S,

HAHA I WAS ABOUT TO TRADE IN MY 2000 TL FOR A HYUNDAI.. JUST KIDDING... THANKS ALOT THO.FOR ALL THE HELP.. !!!!!
Old 03-19-2001, 11:46 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Two Words for your guys:

AFTERMARKET GRILLS

The headlights are a bit big though.

------------------
Brian =B-)
2000 Accord LX V6 Sedan White - 3,310 lbs w/ driver - 170HP & 160ft/lbs
- Koni Yellows & Eibach Pro-Kit (1.5" drop)
- Red AEM Short RAM Intake (8-10hp & 5-6 ft/lbs gain on a DynoJet)
- Red AEM Tru Power Pulleys (10hp @ 5,600rpms & 11ft/lbs @ 4,600rpms gain on a DynoJet)
- 15.45 @ 88.8mph (Track) [with AEM intake/pulleys] 0-60mph 7.2 sec (G-Tech) [with intake/pulleys]