Acura of North Toronto (Suprise)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2000, 03:15 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Acura of North Toronto (Suprise)

My cousin is shopping for a new TL, so I went along with him and decided to bug the hell out of the sales manager about replacing my aftermarket spoiler with factory one(they installed an aftermarket one on my TL). As i was walking into sales manager's office I already had a speech in my mind ready to argue. So i went in and said "so remember me?" Suprisingly the sales manager didn't even bother to argue, right a way he replied "yeah, I remember you, sure i'll replace your spoiler for you". I was so shocked... He continues "Actually, I can compensate you with a $300 dollar cheque instead, how does that sound?" After i heard that i was too shock to believe my ears.... i was like sure i'll take the cheque... since aftermarket looks exactly the same anyways. He said he will call me back and tell me when to pick up the cheque and sign an agreement.
I think there were too many people bug him about the spoiler issue, he doesn't bother to try to argue anymore. Lucky me!
Old 11-21-2000, 06:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Top notch Acura Dealership!

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. Soon to have 18" wheels. Comptech Suspension & Comptech Axle back Exhaust.
Old 11-21-2000, 09:02 AM
Instructor

I'll believe it when you actually have the check and it's cleared the bank. I really don't trust car dealers. Promises are cheap and I hope you get your check.
Old 11-21-2000, 10:05 AM

Nice one Y2K_TL, maybe they read this board and figured out they were getting a really bad reputation.

One can only hope
Old 11-21-2000, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Talking

WOW BABY!!

Nice nice nice!!! Hahaha.. guess that they had too much trouble with their customer already that hey finally decided to change their atitude huh!!

Or, perhaps coz they are trying to sell their new cars, 2001 3.2, MDX, and the new 1.7.. so they wanna give people a new atitude. By the time they almost done selling those, i bet they go "oh, we have to discuss about that with our head manager" or crap like that! ! HAHA.. but 300$ is great... i mean, u get a extra brake light on compare to me.. (factory spoiler would disable the middle brake light)

But hey, y2k, does ur trunk pop up when u press the trunk release button? When i had my "polytech" my trunk won't pop up.

Yah.. get that check and call me, let's go have dinner.. I want FishFin okie??

RiceBoy
Old 11-21-2000, 09:19 PM

I'm pretty sure the factory spoiler comes with upgraded trunk springs, to make sure the lid rises. I'm taking in my car tomorrow for a spoiler installation. I marked the springs with a sharpie, to make sure they remove them and put in the new springs. Am I overly suspicious?

------------------
South Jersey: 2001 Acura CL-s Gold with navi/spoiler/slashguards/Bel 980
Old 11-21-2000, 09:43 PM
Instructor

RiceBoy:
My trunk lid doesn't pop open.... i realized that long ago, but I don't think that's too serious to worry about.
Old 11-21-2000, 10:21 PM
Instructor

They don't replace your trunk springs. There are two tension settings built into the brackets that hold them. When they install the spoiler, they use the firmer setting.
Old 11-21-2000, 11:27 PM
Banned

Did you happen to have the questioneir[sp?] from acura in your hand when you walked in?

------------------
Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-22-2000, 02:00 AM
Instructor

actually, if they install a factory spoiler for u, they do replace the springs too.
I asked the service peoplet there, and when they replaced my spoiler, I checked the spoiler myself and made sure that all parts were there. Yah.. they do replace the metal thing dunno if that's the spring, and i dunno how it works.

Y2K, yah.. if it won't bug u that much, don't worry about it. The spoilers looks exactly the same. However, i think the factory one is lower than then POLYTECH ^_^
coz be4 i could see it alot, now only a bit (from my rear mirror)

p.s. What does RICEBOY mean exactly??
Please explain! HEHEE

Old 11-22-2000, 02:43 AM
Safety Car

Ok, whats the deal? My trunk doesn't pop up because of my spoiler, can I fix it myself?

------------------
Alumapro BP-10, ZX400TI Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), burlwood dash kit and shift knob, factory spoiler, factory body kit, Inspire tails.
------------------
<A HREF="http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000106.html" TARGET=_blank> Nate's ride!</A>