Acura (Honda) Reps

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 05:40 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 497 Likes on 230 Posts
Acura (Honda) Reps

Do any of these guys lurk here? You would think that they would.

Not just to hear about the "trannys" (everyone is sick of that by now), but to get ideas for the '04 models.

I hope they improve the stereo. That seems to be the biggest knock on the car. Even if they had an "upgrade" package, I would PAY FOR IT!!!! Are you listening Acura?

How about a multi-channel system with good power, a good sub, and DTS or DVD-A/SACD capability?

Also, it would be nice if the TL-S came lowered like it is shown in the brochures..... It does not even have to be as low as the Comptechs, just lower than an SUV!

I'm sure there are more suggestions, but the stock stereo sucks!

:-jon
Old 03-05-2002, 06:31 PM
bluLEGEND

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another thing, Acura should offer a sport package like te Lexus L-tuned or the BMW sport package, etc. They could include the underbody mouldings, spoiler, possibly different wheels, sways, springs, maybe shocks. That would be nice.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:43 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by blulegend
Another thing, Acura should offer a sport package like te Lexus L-tuned or the BMW sport package, etc. They could include the underbody mouldings, spoiler, possibly different wheels, sways, springs, maybe shocks. That would be nice.

I think acura will do this in time. Acura would like to play with the big boys from germany and japan. Accordingly, they will and must offer some substantial like bmw ///Motorsports etc., Hopefully, Mugen will start to pay a bigger role in the U.S. and give us more options than Comptech.
Old 03-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by zapata

I think acura will do this in time. Acura would like to play with the big boys from germany and japan. Accordingly, they will and must offer some substantial like bmw ///Motorsports etc., Hopefully, Mugen will start to pay a bigger role in the U.S. and give us more options than Comptech.
well i think the type s is already a sport edition of the normal one, coz' a lot of of the parts more changed already. but i definitely would ask for more aggressive settings. true that acura still wants to retain the ride quality, but heck if people get a type s i bet they want more power and handling.

also, i'd like to have tweeters in the car... it's a 30k car for god's sake

also, please, put some sills on. it's cosmetic, but it makes our cars look more aggressive.
Old 03-06-2002, 02:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by blulegend
I really hope Acura really does do this. I know Honda decided to do this with the Honda Civic. They offer a suspension upgrade, that is covered by warranty and everything...
Old 03-06-2002, 10:20 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Acura already has the Type s. The Type S is supposed to be the sport version of the car. They shouldve made the CL and TL versions of the car come with more agressive body styling, suspension. Let the TLP owners get the body kits so there cars can look nice, but put type S owners in a whole new ball game with edgier styling. The TLS is equivalant to the 3 series M3. So why not make it be that much different in looks at least. Of course it will still look like a TL, that is the point, but make it so that the car has a look that no other TL can emulate unless they get every damn bumper, skirt and quater panel. That will turn copycats off and they will be stuck with putting the factory kit on the car and the TLS will still be different.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Pro

Not to burst anyone's bubble out there, but you realize that if Acura were to inlcdude all the suspension, body, steering, handling modifications, and cover them all under warranty, that would jack up the price of the car significantly? I mean, look at the price points of the 330 coupe and the M3. HOLY!!:wow: Now if they were to come with all these Mods from the factory, our car would probably come in at about 35-36K (with NAV). Also, you guys out there can not possibly tell me that the price had nothing to do with your decision to get this car. Cuz if you do say that then But I do agree that there can be some small improvements made here and there that would go a long way in helping, like throwing in the body kit for the Type-S, along with a better stereo (NOT BOSE)!!
Old 03-06-2002, 12:47 PM
Instructor

i think they could at least gave us the under bodykit, & i hope MUGEN do get involved
Old 03-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I know I've got a lowly TL-P, but I have to join the chorus in ditching that damned Bose stereo!!! Yuck. I think it's a good idea to offer the TL-S with more aggressive body styling (e.g. sell it with the body kit like others here have suggested). I think that and having Comptech springs standard would be WORTH paying 35k for.