Acura Gold Kit Look Good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Acura Gold Kit Look Good?

I have a 2000 TL... It's Taffeta White....

I was wondering if anyone has the Gold kit....

I would love to see a picture of the gold front on just the A symbol and the wings with the surrounding grill left silver.

Like a 2 tone.

The back 3.2 TL, the A symbol and the word Acura would be gold with the tips left silver.

Has anyone done this? If so could I see pics.

All I've seen is the A on the front gold... I don't care much for it but the wings and the A might be cool...:wow:
Old 07-28-2003, 01:28 PM
Drifting

Uuuggghhhhh!!!!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Instructor

corny,tacky cheap,nasty, gold is a big NO NO.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:17 AM
10th Gear

i have the exact gold emblem kit ur talking about on my dark emerald pearl 99 TL...came with the car when i bought it used..i think it depends on the color of ur car, but i like it on the dark green..dont think it looks cheap at all...to each his own tho..i dont have pics of it, but i'll work on that
Old 07-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Banned

Talking

pics pics plz
Old 07-29-2003, 03:15 AM
6th Gear

when you do the 'gold' conversion, you may want to do the whole car and not just one badge. then you have to do the grille, etc to make it all match. just stick with chrome IMO and save up for some decent rims. nothing too blingy chrome either
Old 07-29-2003, 09:01 AM
Banned

Cool

Yeah I don't like the chrome wheels look w/ our cars...

If it was blue with ground effecs and all that bling bling... it might look ok...

I like the rims on it though.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gold trim kit is not worth it. I got it with my car and I'll never do that again. It fades and turn into an ugly bronze color. I ended up debadging the whole car and replaced the emblem
Old 07-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Drifting

You know I hate the gold kit but if you were forced to get it, I would say the True Blue TL looks the best with it. But like Speedracer888 was saying it looks tacky unless you do the grill and emblems to. Not worth it. Plus, it eventually looks bronze.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Banned

See I know if the gold was on the back it would look classy and rich... Gold and white looks rich to me : o )

But the front is the problem... I didn't know which cobination to do... I thought long and hard and then came up with the A symbol and the wings that surround it. I wish I could see pics.

I've only seen the A symbol being gold... and it doesn't really look right to me having the wings silver.

And really? Does the 24kt gold turn bronze...

My dad has a Pearl White Infinity I 30 that's more white if you know what I mean... and His Gold hasn't turned bronze and It's a 98'.

Maybe I'll paint the silver grill Taffeta White to match the car and then change the "A" and the wings... maybe that would work?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:17 PM
bbb
Intermediate

Ok, I don’t want you to think I’m some whacked fruitcake, but let me tell you the circumstances or criteria when “Gold Packages” work or don’t. I do artsy stuff and I work with color quite a bit.

First, you can do whatever the heck you want (bad taste never stopped anyone before-lol) and this is a subjective topic. But, there are certain color principles whereas particular color combos work better than others.

Regarding TL’s both TW and DWP with the OLDER amber top tail lens work well with the Gold Package. The gold and white combo is tasteful, and is further complemented by picking up on the similar tonnage of the amber. Green also works well—again a good harmonizing off-set. Black and gold equal garish, as do most of the darker Acura colors.

Shall we talk interiors…just kidding!
Old 07-29-2003, 01:20 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

I personally prefer black chrome.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Anybody have Black Chrome on an anthracite car?
Old 07-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Now who is it here that does not like gold?
I have the full gold kit on my 2000 Nighthawkblack/Ebony TL.
I have the gold front inner & outer grille with ACURA symbol. I have the gold ACURA letters in the rear with gold 3.2 TL.
I have the gold rear ACURA symbol & dual gold exhaust tips.
I also about 3 months ago got the gold rear tag holder frame
it has the ACURA letters in black. Every thing other than the tag frame has been on the car since it was new & that was over 3 years ago. It will be 4 yrs old at the end of December. The gold still looks great. I polish it with ZAINO if it does turn bronze the car wolud be about 10yrs old if I had it. Some of the gold stuff is alot better than the stuff they used in the mid 90s. The only problem I had was one of the gold exhaust tips on the very outter edge started to turn chrome color. This was like in a little spot I told the dealer & they replaced both tips. The other tip was fine but they replaced both tips. I guess they come in a set but that was mybe 6 months ago. I notice the problem last summer but forgot to tell them about it. This was still covered under warranty as I will not run out untill the 4yrs is up. In the 1999 TL catalog they had a Dark Emerald Pearl TL showing the gold front grille. They also had a Monterey Blue Pearl that had the rear gold emblems gold exhaust tips. Some said the gold kit & chrome door handles & trim that the TL came with would clash. I told them back then that you don't look at the whole car you look at angles. What I am saying is when you look at the back end you see the black car with gold emblems. When you look at the sides you see the black car with chrome & when you see the front you see the black car with gold grille. The gold grille takes awhile to get use to. When you are very close up on it can be powerful to look at. When you are 5 or more feet back it a beautiful thing.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Banned

PICS DAMNIT PICS! LOL:wow:
Old 07-29-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
I have the Noble Green TLS with the complete gold package - grill, emblems and tips. i think it looks great. If it stays nice for the next couple of days I'll wash it and take some pics.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:11 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by ncbuckeye
Anybody have Black Chrome on an anthracite car?

THAT is what I want to see! (Or better yet, black chrome on a Laguna Green...
Old 07-30-2003, 02:29 AM
5th Gear

I've got a gold kit on my TL its also white. It came with the car. I personally like it.

Look at my gallery for a pic.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Banned

I guess its all about taste, i personally hate gold, mostly because it will fade.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by CP_ThunderGod
See I know if the gold was on the back it would look classy and rich... Gold and white looks rich to me : o )

But the front is the problem... I didn't know which cobination to do... I thought long and hard and then came up with the A symbol and the wings that surround it. I wish I could see pics.

I've only seen the A symbol being gold... and it doesn't really look right to me having the wings silver.

And really? Does the 24kt gold turn bronze...

My dad has a Pearl White Infinity I 30 that's more white if you know what I mean... and His Gold hasn't turned bronze and It's a 98'.

Maybe I'll paint the silver grill Taffeta White to match the car and then change the "A" and the wings... maybe that would work?
My brothers Infiniti Q45 was gold with the gold plating and it looked nasty after about five or six years. Definitely turned bronze and had to have them dipped.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Instructor

It always seems as though people hate what they ain't got! I am not trying to be a smart ass here, but the gold package is one of the things that sold me on my car. I have the eternal blue(the one that is so dark it looks black) and my car is three years old and my gold looks great! I think it gives your car a certain presence that stands out. I saw the same exact car as mine, before I got rims and fogs, without the gold package and it just didn't have the same appeal. It just seems to me when people don't have something, you always hear "its not worth it." Like when people say that about the Navi or TLS engine. I have the Navi, and believe me its worth it. I don't have the TLS and wish that I did!
Old 07-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Drifting

Like I said True blue/eternal blue whatever it is would be the only color I would get if I had to get it. Other than that. I think its ugly, personal decision and that's what this forum is for. Oh and I don't have the navi but I sure wish I did!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:15 PM
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
See my gallery for pics of the gold package on a Noble Green TLS.

Need to wash and Zaino it but you'll get the idea.