Acura customer disservice

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura customer disservice

Can some tell me if this is the norm for Acura?

I purchasse my 2003 TL type-S 11 months ago with 33k for Acura by Executive in Notch Haven CT. It's a certified used car and was told that the car has a full bumper to bumper warranty upto 62000. The sales man said the bumpers are the only thin not covered.

About 6 months ago I noticed warping of the dash vents. From what I gathered here, this seems a bit too comon. I'm guessing it's a flay in the engineering of the windshield.

I brought in the car but they said they wouldn't cover it. At this point I only had the car for about 5 months. After some discussion they decided they woudl replace the dash.

Then about a month a go I noticed some condensensation in the headlight. I brought in the car (now with 51,900 miles) and they said that they won't cover it. "It's a trim piece" I asked "what happened to bump to bumper." The y said that it I shouldn;'t have been told that and if I had brought in the car before 50k they would have fixed it. They also said they would have fixed it but since they already fixed the dash that I was SOL.

I bought certified used becasue i thought Acura stood behind their product. So far I"ve had the following go wrong with the car:

1. Missing bolts in bumper
2. Warped Dash
3. Shot Wheel Bearings
4. Replacement Transmision
5. Replacement of Seat Heating element
6. Water in the headlight

Is this the norm for Acura dealerships and Acura corporate? What is actually covered in the certified inspection?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:15 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
not sure where 62K miles came from but the original warranty on the car was 5 years when I bought it new and pretty much everything after that they made me pay. is the option to get an extended warranty?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Never trust the saleman. Anyways, I guess they decided to replace your dash, called Goodwill gesture. If you don't have anything documented what the saleman said, then the bumper to bumper is 4yrs/50k. Try to speak to the service manager, not the service writer or service advisor. You can also try to call acura client service at 1-800-382-2238 x5, and explain your situaltion. speak to them nicely.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by acutee
Never trust the saleman. Anyways, I guess they decided to replace your dash, called Goodwill gesture. If you don't have anything documented what the saleman said, then the bumper to bumper is 4yrs/50k. Try to speak to the service manager, not the service writer or service advisor. You can also try to call acura client service at 1-800-382-2238 x5, and explain your situaltion. speak to them nicely.
x2
Old 04-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acutee
right, never trust the salesman. As any businesses, they are nice before sale but turn the cheeks after the sale goes thru.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:07 AM
2nd Gear

The 62,00 comes from the additional year they give you over the original warranty when you buy certified used. What I find interesting is that when you request additional information on the warranty extension, the web site just says it's a a full 1 year/12k extension of the original warranty. I was never provided any additional information beyond the original warranty booklet and the information on Acura's site.

I guess I should never have assumed that 1 year extension of original warranty means a 1 year extension of original warranty and that bumper-to-bumper means bumper to bumper.

I already called corporate and spoke nicely and to the service manager. Guess I'm stuck dealing with it.

When I talked to corporate they told me that the dash was a good will gesture. I had no idea that it wasn't covered originally. I found that real strange. This seems to be an issue that quiet a few people have had. I even mentioned that I had seem others discussing this issue on acurazine. The guy at client services says that you shouldn't believe everything I read on here and that obviously it wasn't a design issue because his computer didn't red flag the problem.

Oh well live and learn.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
did u buy the acuracare extended warranty? That warranty has covered everyhting on my car from leaking headlights to a new engine.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Tom

I hope you did read those "small" notes of Term & Condition ussually on the bottom or on the reverse side of the contract before you sign it. I said because it happened to me also. Saleman group, they just do their job. The Service group, is another story.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by L's TL
did u buy the acuracare extended warranty? That warranty has covered everyhting on my car from leaking headlights to a new engine.
I have the acuracare warranty and they wouldn't cover my headlight condesation, they said only is the ignitor or the ballast fails would they cover it. They told me it only covers mechanical and electric issues and nothing else. I tried to use it for my dash making noises and for the rear desk clicking and they told me trim pieces aren't covered. Maybe I should use another dealership cos Piazza Acura in Westchester sucks!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Intermediate

i bought mine in jan and within the 1st thirty days my ABS light went solid (after some harsh words i got a set of "good will" brakes and rotors all around). then my airbag light went solid (brakes & airbag - both safety issues that they HAD to fix). then my driver side heating element went dead!! it was ridin around mid-winter literally freezin my ass off while i went back & forth with them tellin me why they couldnt or wouldnt fix it. obviously they were tired of seein me but my extended warrenty should have covered that right? WRONG!! my bumper to bumper warranty included almost no electrical compoments. which was stupid to me , especially since our cars are primarily electrical. any way after about a month of back and forth my warranty was upgraded to the one i was TOLD i was buying to begin with. apperantly someone in financing or warrenty or whereva gave me a $1900 coverage plan for $3000 coverage price. can any one say

point is read the fine print , get copies of everything (makesure),and the sales guys word means s***