AAAAAh HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001, 03:59 PM

Unhappy AAAAAh HELP!!

my bro tried to hgelp and clear teh snow off the trunk but instead inadvertently put MANYMANY scratched on the trunk! ( he used an ice scraper) How can i remove these scratches when i do my yearly revival of my cars looks in teh spring?( wash thouroly, wax, etc)
Old 01-24-2001, 04:21 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depending on the scratch, unfortunately looks like repaint.
Old 01-24-2001, 04:35 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC is right, I would try to buff it out, but from the sounds of it repainting... sorry
Old 01-24-2001, 04:44 PM

Thumbs down

YOU SIR... ARE AN IDIOT! I CAN'T BELIVE YOU WOULD LET SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPEN TO YOUR AUTOMOBILE. SOME PEOPLE CANT EVEN AFFORD A NICE CAR LIKE OURS.... BUT YOU GO OUT AND LET PEOPLE F*#$! IT UP WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT. ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO MAKE ME SICK.
Old 01-24-2001, 04:50 PM
The Acura Granddaddy

Try to wax it or buff it out next time you clean your car, you might be surprised how well they clean up. Scratches and dings are a fact of life so someone put squirrel back his the cage and give him a chill pill.
Old 01-24-2001, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Red face

Whoa, boy! Whoa! No need to beat up on JimmPTL after the fact. I'm sure he feels like s**t already. I guess JimmPTL can try rubbing compound first and if that fails, take it to his friendly neighbourhood paint shop.
Old 01-24-2001, 05:00 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
It really depends on how deep the scratches are. Run your hand through the scratches and see if you can even feel the scratch. If you can't feel it or can only feel it lightly, then you can use a high quality wax to hide the scratches. Maybe I suggest Klasse? It is the best polish in my opinion.

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Front 35% tinted windows. Running boards. Roof rack. Tailgate deflector. Moonroof visor. Rear mud guards. Razo premium white headlight bulbs. Matriz ion yellow fog light bulbs(courtesy of Snook). More to come later......

Acura-MDX.com Forum Moderator

Old 01-24-2001, 05:12 PM

Cool

YOU SIR... ARE AN IDIOT! I CAN'T BELIVE YOU WOULD LET SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPEN TO YOUR AUTOMOBILE. SOME PEOPLE CANT EVEN AFFORD A NICE CAR LIKE OURS.... BUT YOU GO OUT AND LET PEOPLE F*#$! IT UP WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT. ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO MAKE ME SICK.

Ooook, im sorry my little brother wanted to help me clear teh snow off the car. Chill out. Also, yes i knwo some people cant afford teh kind of car i have. Hell to tell u the truth, we could barely affoird this. My parents make like 40K a year, and the only way we got teh $$$ to buy the car was from the insurance comp when we totaled our last 87 Subaru. So i dont know if ur trying to make me feel bad of whatever, so just blow me. They arnt deep scrathes.....no need for a paintjob. Cant feel em, but they r visable. I think ill try wax. Can u put rubbing compound on car finish? Wont it make it kinda grouty?
Old 01-24-2001, 05:15 PM
Pro

Hey JimmPTL, dont even let that fool get to you!!!
Old 01-24-2001, 05:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Relax Little Squirrel! Shit happens.

Anyhow, I'd try the wax or polish first. If it gets better keep doing it. Multiple trys may be needed. If that doesn't work then go on to other measures.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
Wings West Spoiler
Comptech Exaust
Rear Comptech Sway bar
Old 01-24-2001, 05:23 PM
Racer

Originally posted by squirrelmaster:
Ouch....a true TL lover here...he can feel all the pain of every TL ever built.

I would try to buff it or something than wax it.

------------------

2001 3.2TL with Nav
Satin Silver Metallic
Factory Rear Wing Spoiler
Old 01-24-2001, 05:42 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Do not use rubbing compound, it will take away your clear coat. Just use a high quality wax/polish.
Old 01-24-2001, 05:49 PM

SQUIRREL YOU ASS HOLE, suck on an EGG. This little guy's bro wass just BEATING aroundthe bush ok. He Just WANTED TO HELP, your suck a wack off. you need to chill. It's people like you who should open there mouth's and ask for an EMBYRO salad
Old 01-24-2001, 06:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put some scratches on my TL last yr when I got it. The car was in the back yard & coverd all over the back half with snow & ice. The scraping of the ice did it but I am one that takes real good care of my car.
I said Damn when I did it but I just wax & wash & go on. I have the Nighthawk Black so you know I was mad as hell.
Old 01-24-2001, 07:10 PM

Try mothers Scratch Remover if its just a clear coat scratch. If its deeper have it repainted. I just had my bumper repainted and It looks awesome! There's no way telling it was repainted, it looks factory all the way!
If you don't know a good body shop job try this web site, it helped in finding one for me. http://www.collision-insight.com/

------------------
00TL Gold Nav&Wing
91 Honda Lawnmower with custom Beer holder.
Old 01-24-2001, 07:20 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Use the hand polish or machine polish from Griot's. It's safe for clear coats. Then wax with their 'best of show' wax. You can find it at griotsgarage.com. All of their cleaning/waxing products are excellent.
Old 01-24-2001, 07:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
That Mother's scratch remover sucks..don't bother.. I have it, a waste of money, IMO.
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 01-24-2001, 08:01 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
That Mother's scratch remover sucks..don't bother.. I have it, a waste of money, IMO.
Ed

I've used the Mother's scratch remover on my silver TL and for light scratches it worked extremely well. (IMO) Just make sure you follow the directions.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank> </A>
2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
Satin Silver / Ebony Interior
Factory Spoiler; CD Changer; Burlwood Shifter
35% Tint, No Mods (Yet! Waiting For Better Weather)